“Historic hotel”

Ranked #32 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Los Angeles, California
“Historic hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Located in the heart of the city, this grand old lady still has the charm from yesteryear. The rooms are spacious and the hallways still have a classy look to them. There is a Starbucks located in the front of the property which made it very convenient to get my morning buzz.

Room Tip: Request high floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Christine N, Director of Rooms at Hyatt at The Bellevue, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback of your recent visit with us on trip advisor. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the historic charm of our hotel. We have a lot of pride in our property and are so glad that you had a pleasant stay.

Please come visit us again soon!

christine.nerone@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Korean first
Central New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

The location is great. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The lower level food court is a real convenience when you are in a hurry. The bar on the top floor has great views of Philly at night. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

We spent a night at the Hyatt at the Bellevue. Devine location, huge, lovely room. Yummy breakfast served beautifully. In general, old world charm. Would definitely go back. Philadelphia is a wonderful city - lots to do, and many good restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Excellent location. Our room with 2 queen beds was HUGE!! The room was clean, comfy and had a great feel to it. The front desk has various chandeliers which are beautiful. The lower level of the hotel has a varied food court. Near the hotel are A+ restaurants as well. Definitely will stay again when visiting Philly!

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is a beautiful old hotel right in downtown close to most everything. The lobby and public areas are very nice with marble, etc. as one would expect from an older building. The rooms are spacious and clean, if somewhat dated (renovations are soon to be done). Lobby bar on the 19th floor is very nice with an excellent view.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ridgefield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is within walking distance of shopping,sightseeing,yogurt shops,and the hotel itself is attached to shopping .
The room had every but a stocked refrigerator.Quiet,easy to sleep. Nor The best pillows but okay.
My favorite part was the front desk
staff,the valet parking, gym,food. Very good. I booked he Room through Hotwire and they had no attitude about that at all.When I didn't need the second night I had booked,they didn't even charge me.When I couldn't find my credit card when I arrived and had to all home for a card and authorization from my husband,they helped me and never embarrassed me. I was there for a quick extremely stressful low budget film shoot, and I was nervous as I'd never shot with this company before.This Hyatt helped me feel confident, comfortable and helped me have a successful trip. Special thanks to Adrienne.

• Stayed March 2013
Christine N, Director of Rooms at Hyatt at The Bellevue, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regading your recent visit with us. I am so glad to hear that our staff made you feel comfortable and at home during a stressful time for you. I hope the film shoot went well and best of luck to you in the future.

Christine.Nerone@hyatt.com
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel, with other family members, on the occasion of our son's marriage in Philadelphia. The hotel was chosen because we were hosting the Rehearsal Dinner in one of its private dining rooms.

We enjoyed our visit greatly. We had a large, beautifully furnished room looking out onto the street. It was one of the old, un-refurbished rooms for which I was glad, as the furnishings were gracious and ceilings high. The room was restful, beautifully appointed and totally soundproofed.

I glimpsed some of the refurbished, modern style rooms on the opposite side of the corridor and felt they would not have been to my taste. In my view, it would be wonderful to keep the choice of room style by merely reappointing the older rooms with new locks, bathroom fittings and re-upholstery etc where necessary, while retaining the old style. We found the housekeeping and room service to be particularly good.

We loved the XIX restaurant. It was a great family meeting place in the morning and provided a top quality breakfast buffet with good fruit juices and all the choices one could wish for. In the evening also it was our first choice for family dinner parties and for dinner a deux. The cuisine was good, the maitre d’ was helpful and the views from this top floor restaurant were amazing.

This hotel has high standards and provides everything for a perfect city break

Room Tip: Rooms with street view are quieter and are traditionally furnished.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your recent visit with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the history of our hotel. Hyatt at The Bellevue take a lot of pride in our history and we are glad that you enjoyed it. We also thank you for the compliment to our restaurant XIX and will be sure to share it with our staff. Best wishes to your son and his new Bride and we hope to see you again in Philly soon.

Christine.Nerone@hyatt.com