“Worth the Stay”

Hyatt at The Bellevue
Ranked #30 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I took my girlfriend to Philly for her 50th birthday celebration. I last stayed at the Hyatt at Penns Landing this past April and although that was an enjoyable stay, I decided to stay closer to Center City this time.

We arrived Friday early afternoon,the 28th of October. Upon arrival at the front entrance which is actually located just off Broad St., we were warmly greeted by the Valet and Bellman. Once inside the hotel and a grand foyer, we were advised by a very courteous front desk employee named Matt, that our room was not ready as of yet. This wasn't an issue at all as we expected to arrive before check in, which is 3pm. Matt took our phone number and said he would contact us as soon as our room was ready. Our luggage left securely with the bell staff, we were off to explore on a glorious afternoon.

As an aside, I contacted the concierge before arriving and requested that our room have champagne and chocolates waiting for us. Matt advised that my request had been honored.

A short while after heading out, as promised, I received a call advising that our room was ready. We were assigned room 1735 on the 17th floor overlooking the interior courtyard. The room was large and clean, however, the bath was rather small offering only a tub shower combo. The hotel is set to under go renovations this month so, I'm not sure if that's something that will be addressed.

The bed was kingsized and very comfortable as were the down pillows. As expected, we did fing a chilled bottle of champagne on ice and a lovey plate of belgian chocolates. Hyatt staff also left a card wishing my girlfriend a happy birthday.

I should also note that when we did enter our room, our luggage hadn't been brought up as of yet. I called the front desk and spoke with Roberta who was appologetic and assured us our luggage would be sent right up.

Minutes later, a young bellman named Joe arrived at our door and set our luggage up for us, asked if we needed any glassware or any other services. We would encounter this young man several times throughout our stay and always found him to be very accommodating.

The lounge XIX on the 19th floor was also very nice. Great space and wonderful ambiance. Also, wonderful and attentive service from cocktails, dinner and Sunday brunch was evident throughout our entire stay.

Upon checkout Sunday afternoon, the clerk handed me the bill. It showed a charge for parking and dinner. When I advised him that the agent I spoke to at Hyatt advised that my package was inclusive of dinner and parking, he immediately corrected my bill without fuss. Frankly, I was expecting a "sorry, but she was mistaken," but again, he was professional and made the correction. I was told by other staff that Hyatt had just revamped most if not all of its packages, and that was probably the source of the confusion. What ever the cause, Hyatt respected honored the word of their employee and of the guest. That's customer service!

I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Philly. Great job Hyatt! We'll definitely be back....

The main floor of the hotel houses several shops and restaurants which is a great convienience.

Room Tip: If you're a late sleeper and intent to book an interior room, make sure they don't have any...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank john d
DChien, General Manager at Hyatt at The Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2011

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your stay. I will be sure to pass along your recogintion to our team here. We look forward to the opportunity in welcoming you back to our Hotel and Philadelphia.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Miller

Reviewed November 1, 2011

Stayed for one night on the 7th floor. Beautiful historic building. Great check-in experience with very cordial staff. Room was beautiful, with large bedroom and walk-in closet. Bathroom was a little small, but adequate. The hotel has a very European feel, but is not stuffy. Great location for theater district, dinner, drinks! Bed was extremely comfortable. Would absolutely stay again. Self parking is in an easily accessible garage right next to the building and costs $27 per night.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Love2Travel004
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Amazing location. Style is less modern and more Victorian/early America...may be a bit stuffy for young people. Service is fantastic, the restaurant is superb. Rooms are large and spacious, perhaps antiquated in style but not old or aging. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend to others, although it is pricey.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed October 28, 2011

I highly recomend this hotel. It is in the center of everything in Philadelphia. Just walk out the door and a bell man will get a taxi to take you anywhere that is not within walking distance. This hotel is withing walking distance of City Hall, the Comcast Building, Rittenhouse Square, and many other great places. Old City is just a short taxi ride away that may cost only $7 - $10. The rooms in this hotel are large and worth every penny that you spend.

Room Tip: If you are a couple get a king room. Very nice :)
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Was a bit concerned when I saw some negative comments about this hotel on this site. I must say my stay was great. If you book through a "name your price" site be aware they only guarantee a king bed. But I called in advance, and although it wasn't guaranteed, our room with two queen beds was waiting for us. It's super convenient for theatre and shopping and it's a nice walk to Independence Square. Very friendly and helpful staff. Delicious apples at check in.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2011

My experience with the Hyatt at the Bellevue was nothing shy oof superb. I had a overnight stay there last night for a quick thru town meeting and I must say I was surprised that they are still awesome. I haven't stayed there in a little over a year...which I use to intentionally stay there at least twice a month just for weekend staycations when I lived up north and since there transition from a Park Hyatt to a regular Hyatt property I was alittle scared but to my excite...they are still the best. I was happy to see an old friend from another Hyatt in Virginia got promoted and is running a department there so that made it alittle easy. Nineteen is super sexy for singles and the drinks aren't bad either. I see some of Philly's sexiest singles like to come out and mingle and that's a plus for all those singles looking to hybernate this winter!!!!! Please don't hesitate to book a stay here and tell them Mr. Diggs sent cha!!!! Enjoy!!!

Room Tip: Pay for a upgrade to a Deluxe Suite...you'll love the private inside Conservatory Balcony rooms...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Very clean, very quiet hotel. Excellent restaurant and shopping downstairs. Nice breakfast. Staff extremely pleasant and helpful. Beds are super comfortable. Get steps from most of the theaters and the Kimmel Center. Discount parking

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo