“It was stinky, literally”

Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave.
Ranked #74 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed August 8, 2007

I booked the room through Priceline and had no problems with them. The hotel itself was rather run down and had a weird smell to it. Upon entering, the lobby was filled with big cardboard boxes and there was a big stain on the carpet. The room was ok, on the positive side it was roomy. On the negative side, the carpet was stained, the furniture was worn, the towels did not smell fresh. There was no bedding for the sleeper sofa and when I called to the front desk they told me to come and get the bedding instead of delivering it to me. As I picked up the bedding, I asked for an additional pillow and was told that there were no more. (I had three pillows in the room and there were 4 of us-my husband, me and our two small children.) We were in town for a funeral and did not spend much time in the room, so for that purpose it was ok. I would not recommend staying there for leisure, though.

Stayed: August 2007
3  Thank pinky1993

Reviewed August 1, 2007

Rude, dirty, absolutely unprofessional. Does not deserve to be called part of the "hospitality" industry. My flight arrived late due to weather delays. As this is one of the only hotels near airport without a shuttle I had to take a cab. When I arrived the night clerk was utterly furious that I had the gall to arrive late at night and proceeded to yell at and belittle me. To make matters worse, he could not find my reservation. He continued to yell at me and refused to honor the price I'd been quoted by Priceline. In the end, I walked out and across the street to the Mariott Courtyard. It was like leaving hell for heaven.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank lv2travel_73
Reviewed July 12, 2007

I stayed here one night while waiting for my flight
since I was taking the train both to the hotel and to the airport the next day the fact that it was the furthiest hotel from the trainstation
mattered to me
the room was of good size and had a fridge but I had to unplug the lamp in order to turn it off
the next morning I saw a couple of cock roaches and thats when I decided that I wouldnt be staying at extend stay again with other choices I will try something else next time

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Elvisneverlied
Reviewed January 4, 2006

It was inexpensive and served as a place to sleep. The room smelled like smoke and the pool is only open during the summer months. It is located around many other hotels with a "Ruby Tuesday" restaurant one hundred yards away. The staff was friendly and helpful. It is not a place to take your family, but for a two night stay with a kitchen it was a good deal. No continental breakfast, but fast food restaurants are only minutes away. It is not in a scary part of town, it is literally surrounded by other larger hotels with ample parking lot lighting.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business
2  Thank joe j
Reviewed July 6, 2005

we have stayed in this hotel 3 times. each visit it got worse. the last visit was the last straw. rooms were dirty, stove broken, sheets filthy and no securiety. there were people wondering around from off the street that didn't stay at the hotel. as you walked the halls to your room it was very dark and you could smell smoke from marijuana. my husband is law enforcement no way could we continue to stay in this hotel nad feel safe. if studio plus would clean up their act this would be a lovely place to stay . i have to say the extended stay america in bensalem has this place beat hands down

• Stayed: May 2003
5  Thank redsnappa1
Reviewed November 7, 2004

I asked to look at the room prior to paying (Had a gut feeling) I generally do stay at Extended Stay hotels, and love the conviences. This place needs cleaning up. No reason for the stained, cruddy bathroom, kitchen & carpets.

3  Thank Katbenn8
Reviewed October 19, 2003

Need I say more. Terrible location, ugly rooms, and small. Only as a last resort.

3  Thank JohnnyO47
Travelers also viewed these Philadelphia hotels
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Northeast
Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport
Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport
Courtyard Philadelphia Airport
Courtyard Philadelphia Airport
#44 of 88 in Philadelphia

Been to Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave.

Address: 8880 Bartram Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19153-3110 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Philadelphia - Airport)
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #74 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Price Range: $102 - $192 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave. 2.5*
Cash is accepted as a form of payment for those guests paying by a weekly or monthly rate. A valid credit card must be kept on file for incidentals. Cash is not accepted as a method of payment for guests paying the daily rate. Parking: $10/night up to 7 nights ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Philadelphia-Airport Hotel Philadelphia