Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave.
Ranked #74 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
California
“The Worst Ever”
Reviewed August 1, 2007

Rude, dirty, absolutely unprofessional. Does not deserve to be called part of the "hospitality" industry. My flight arrived late due to weather delays. As this is one of the only hotels near airport without a shuttle I had to take a cab. When I arrived the night clerk was utterly furious that I had the gall to arrive late at night and proceeded to yell at and belittle me. To make matters worse, he could not find my reservation. He continued to yell at me and refused to honor the price I'd been quoted by Priceline. In the end, I walked out and across the street to the Mariott Courtyard. It was like leaving hell for heaven.

• Disliked — Customer Service
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank lv2travel_73

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
pennsylvania
Reviewed July 12, 2007

I stayed here one night while waiting for my flight
since I was taking the train both to the hotel and to the airport the next day the fact that it was the furthiest hotel from the trainstation
mattered to me
the room was of good size and had a fridge but I had to unplug the lamp in order to turn it off
the next morning I saw a couple of cock roaches and thats when I decided that I wouldnt be staying at extend stay again with other choices I will try something else next time

• Liked — the fridge
  • Disliked — the roaches
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Elvisneverlied
Twin peaks, CA
Reviewed January 4, 2006

It was inexpensive and served as a place to sleep. The room smelled like smoke and the pool is only open during the summer months. It is located around many other hotels with a "Ruby Tuesday" restaurant one hundred yards away. The staff was friendly and helpful. It is not a place to take your family, but for a two night stay with a kitchen it was a good deal. No continental breakfast, but fast food restaurants are only minutes away. It is not in a scary part of town, it is literally surrounded by other larger hotels with ample parking lot lighting.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank joe j
Atlanta, Ga
Reviewed July 6, 2005

we have stayed in this hotel 3 times. each visit it got worse. the last visit was the last straw. rooms were dirty, stove broken, sheets filthy and no securiety. there were people wondering around from off the street that didn't stay at the hotel. as you walked the halls to your room it was very dark and you could smell smoke from marijuana. my husband is law enforcement no way could we continue to stay in this hotel nad feel safe. if studio plus would clean up their act this would be a lovely place to stay . i have to say the extended stay america in bensalem has this place beat hands down

• Stayed May 2003
5 Thank redsnappa1
New York, NY
Reviewed November 7, 2004

I asked to look at the room prior to paying (Had a gut feeling) I generally do stay at Extended Stay hotels, and love the conviences. This place needs cleaning up. No reason for the stained, cruddy bathroom, kitchen & carpets.

3 Thank Katbenn8
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 19, 2003

Need I say more. Terrible location, ugly rooms, and small. Only as a last resort.

3 Thank JohnnyO47
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 28, 2003

My Fiance and I absolutely adore Studio Plus in Philadelphia. What we don't like about it is, when we register for a room and they take our credit card information, they actually charge our card "twice". Once when we make the reservation, and again when we check out, we are charged again. Then we have to call the bank when we get home and have the bank cancel the second charge. We don't feel that the Studio Plus should be double charging us like that. But, other than that, we abolutely love staying there, and we stay there quite often. We figure that the one complaint will not overpower the positive feelings that we have about the Studio Plus. We just wanted to bring it to your attention and hopefully there can be some resolution to the problem of double charging customers. Our overall rating for this hotel = 9 out of 10.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travelers also viewed these Philadelphia hotels
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.
Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport
Courtyard Philadelphia Airport
Courtyard Philadelphia Airport
#47 of 85 in Philadelphia
DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport

Been to Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave.

Property: Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave.
Address: 8880 Bartram Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19153-3110 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Philadelphia - Airport)
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #74 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave. 2.5*
Cash is accepted as a form of payment for those guests paying by a weekly or monthly rate. A valid credit card must be kept on file for incidentals. Cash is not accepted as a method of payment for guests paying the daily rate ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Philadelphia-Airport Hotel Philadelphia