Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave.
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Pool
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 18, 2010

This hotel has the basic amenities for a long duration stay. However nothing is out of the ordinary. Room service is once in a week. The corridors smell of something....probably food. Cost is less compared to other hotels nearby....so is okay if you are looking only from a cost point of view. There is a bus stop right opposite the hotel...for bus to downtown. The train station is 10 minutes walk.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank koolkash
Reviewed June 21, 2009

I also can't understand the bad reviews that are posted for this location. I've stayed here twice through a Priceline Flight/Hotel package and both of the stays were excellent. This is an especially nice choice if you want to save some money and cook your own meals. The rooms we had were equiped with a full size refrigerator, oven, microwave, and dishwasher. The hotel is located close to the airport and has easy access to I-95. The location is in a nice area, and the rooms we had were well kept and clean.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2009

This was the first time I had ever stayed at an Extended Stay and I was very pleased with the customer service I recieved from the hotel staff. After reading the bad reviews on this property, I decided to leave one of my own. I work for a company that does work on the local Waste-to-Energy plants, so we stay at several different hotels all over Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, New York and Mass. The rooms were actually very nice. Sure, there may have been a few stains on the carpet but the room in general was very well kept. The only problem I had was I requested a smoke free room, but it was obvious that the people who had occupied the room prior to my arrival had smoked in the room! When I approached the staff with this fact, they were extremely helpful and provided me with a room air freshiner to help with the smell. The room had very comfortable beds and came with a recliner, a couch and a 25" T.V. equiped with a DVR player. All in all, a very pleasant experience for me. The laundry room was a plus and the grounds are very well kept. Not to mention it is a two minute ride from the airport! I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family!!!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 19, 2008

Got stuck at PHL airport and was happy to get a property near the hotel. But eneded up in a room that smelled like an extended family of cats had camped out for a month before I showed up. Never seen anything like it in the US. The staff were nice and in fairness warned me the room was not pristine. But still, the fact a room like this existed is a bit alarming. I'm generally not a neat freak, but I made sure never to walk on the carpet in bare feet. If you need to stay by the airport, try and get into the embassy suites instead (they should be done with a renovation they were doing by now)

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank Rob0ny
Reviewed August 2, 2008

Frequently I have to book a hotel near the Philadelphia airport on short notice. Sometimes I have to "settle" for this place because everything is fully booked. I can now see why this is the only place with available rooms.

These rooms are not properly cleaned. The rooms smell like mold, the bathroom sink is crusty, and even though the bed is made, the sheets are wrinkled and appear as if someone has already slept in them. The corners of the room have some sort of brown crust accumulating. I had to leave and purchase some sanitizing wipes to prevent myself from vomiting.

It does not help that people are allowed to cook in their rooms. The entire floor smells like a take-out restaurant. Hotel guests obviously unhappy with their own disgusting food smelling up their rooms put their garbage outside their room in the hallway. The only problem is that this establishment has no maid staff on the premises. Cleaning is only done every few days. Rotting food sitting around for hours on end leaves the entire hotel smelling like a sewer.

I felt as though a film of filth was accumulating on me the longer I stayed in the hotel.

Interestingly enough I filled out a survey trashing this disgusting establishment. The only thing this accomplished was getting me on Extended Stay's mailing list. Now I get e-mails every other day advertising their hotel rates.

Complaining to the staff does nothing. When the person at the desk asked me how my stay was, I told them how horrible it was. He half-heartedly apologized and did nothing else.

People only stay here because it is a busy area and it is in a prime location. Do yourself a favor and sleep in your car instead.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank DamonCT