Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave.
Ranked #74 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
New York City, New York
“Terrible experience!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

I had to spend time cleaning the room which had lots of left overs from previous guests. Lamp did not work, bathtub did not drain well and stained carpeting. Noise from jumping in the room above us throughout the night. Overcharged for the room initially, manager was nice but seemed unsure how to resolve the issue at checkout for a while. Unorganized, poor customer service, shady characters staying here and gym with broken equipment. Poor breakfast of coffee, muffins and oatmeal bars. Pool was ok. Checkout took about 45 minutes! Overall a regrettable experience and would not advice anyone to stay at this hotel. Take out your own garbage, cheap with coffee in the room. Nothing provided in the room but a few towels and one packet of coffee.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Randy S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

I've been an extended stay resident in this location since September 2013. The hotel has recently been refreshed with new flooring and paint in all the rooms and common areas. New beds; headboards, mattresses, and box springs. New leather sofa beds, side chairs, kitchen counters, sinks, and breakfast bar stools. Bathroom showers/bath tubs and sinks have been refinished. New lobby furniture.

The staff continues to demonstrate a consistently professional demeanor. The hallways and staircases are well maintained. The parking lot is cleaned daily. All the efforts detailed above continues to make Extended Stay America Philadelphia, Bartram Avenue my first choice in this area. Keep up the good work Marie, General Manager and your staff!

Room Tip: All the rooms have been refreshed!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Douglas V
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave., responded to this review, April 3, 2014
The staff and I appreciate the kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Again, thank you for the comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Ohio, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed at the airport during the week of new years to help a friend out.The young lady who help me name is Valerie. She is the African American lady who wears a muslim head dress. One thing I can say about Valerie is she is very professional. She explained to me about the area (I am from Ohio) printed me driving directions to local eating places etc etc. I am returning to philadelphia (Philly) in a few months and will make plans to come back again to the aiport hotel because of the professional attudie from the staff.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Jgooms
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave., responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for posting such a glowing review of our hotel. My staff and I are thrilled to learn that you were pleased with our customer service, especially Valerie’s level of professionalism. Also, we are pleased that our convenient location and great value met your needs. Once again, we appreciate the feedback. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay the next time you’re in town.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

I checked in during the last week in September 2013. The hotel staff has consistently demonstrated professionalism. The rooms are clean and large. The kitchen in my room includes a full size dishwasher, oven, microware, and refrigerator. The halls and staircases are clean and well maintained. The parking lot is cleaned multiple times per day. In the evenings the hotel is quiet which allows me to catch-up on work or rest, undisturbed. The hotel is near the Septa train stop which makes trips to the downtown area very easy. Additionally, the PHL airport is only one Septa train stop from the hotel. I'm very pleased with the accommodations. Keep up the good work Extended Stay America, Bartram Avenue.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Douglas V
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave., responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Douglas - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the service our staff provided and your clean, spacious room. As well, I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel's location.

Bethany, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were pleased with our stay here and would stay here again. staff great!
Because we were not familiar with Philly, I called an Extended Stay America in CT where we had stayed in the past and this property was recommended - We're glad we trusted the suggestion. We were not very impressed with the city - too difficult to navigate by car though public transportation was plentiful, it was not "older" visitor friendly - a great dissappointment.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dede D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave., responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It is an honor to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your review with the staff and we will like to say thank you.

We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area. And maybe I can schedule you on one of the city tour buses.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I checked in on Octover 1. The hallways have tape on the walls & holes in the ceiling on the first floor!!! The whole first floor(nonsmoking) smelled of Marijuana!!!The next morning at 8am I was awakened by banging on the roof. No one at check in told me Anything about work being done. There wasn't even a Note in my room about it! I Even demanded my money back..& I was told by the manager on duty (Valerie) NO!! I will be taking this up with Corporate!!!

• Stayed October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tashaleur365
Reading, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

My family and I recently stayed here after an Eagles game. Our usual perferred hotels in the city were booked, so we picked this one as a last resort. The room was a bit dated, but it was clean. Bathroom was clean and shower was hot. I liked that the kitchen area was separate from the bedroom area. Having a full sized fridge was a big plus, since we needed to store baby bottles and freezer items. We had a queen sized bed and I thought it was comfortable. Grab and go breakfast is free, but very limited. Although it was a fine place to stay overnight, I can agree with other reviews that it probably wouldn't be the greatest place to stay for an extended period. Parking is FREE, which is a huge plus in a city where most hotels charge - we've paid up to $20 a night at other places. For the price, I was prefectly happy with the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ashleynicole1284
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave., responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Ashley - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great to hear that you found the cleanliness of your guest room and bathroom to your standards. Also, I am glad that the grab-and-go breakfast and free parking were convenient for your stay. We strive to provide the comforts of home to our guest, so we are pleased to hear that the fully equipped kitchen suited your needs.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area