Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave.
$255
$179
$160
$229
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The hotel was clean the staff was friendly they could remodel some of the fixtures in the rooms and change the carpet but overall it was spacious and comfortable the elevator needs to be replaced its a quiet area close to the expressway

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave., responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Monica - Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We really appreciate you remarks on how clean the hotel was and our friendly staff. As well, that you found your room to be spacious and quiet even though we are close to the expressway.

Again, thank you. We look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you to the area again!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Minus: This property fell below minimal standards for cleanliness. After finding bedbugs at another Extended Stay America property, we took care inspecting this room before settling in for the night. The mattress on the bed was badly stained, and there were small dark specks of uncertain provenance in the crevices of the mattress. We then checked the sofa bed as an alternative. The mattress on the sofa bed was also badly stained. We then asked to be switched to another room, but were told that the property and in all other Extended Stay properties within 15 miles were fully booked. Although the room was fully paid for by a coupon, we went online and found alternate accommodations. We ended up driving 20 minutes to a property in another chain.

Plus: The front desk staff were courteous and efficient, the location was fine and the wifi worked well enough for us to book with another chain.

Bottom Line: This is a budget chain and mileage may vary. But there appears to be a general problem with Extended Stay.....
Strike 1 – Extended Stay in Mount Laurel Pacilli Place. I held a prepaid reservation. On arrival, I found that the property was overbooked and I had to drive to an alternate property that lacked business center and other features I needed.
Strike 2 – Extended Stay in Cherry Hill. Was diverted to this property from Mount Laurel. Room smelled sour. Lights were not repaired during multi-day stay. Extended Stay sent coupon for a free night for inconvenience of the overbooking and for problems with this room.
Strike 3 - Extended Stay in Mount Laurel Pacilli Place. Room was comfortable and staff were pleasant. Unfortunately, the room was infested with bed bugs. Dry cleaning of clothing and cold storage quarantine of luggage prevented infestation of our home. Extended Stay eventually reimbursed for cost of dry cleaning.
Strike 4 – Extended Stay Philadelphia Airport Bartram Avenue. We used the coupon for the booking, but found the mattress and sofa bed were below minimal standards for cleanliness. We left for alternate accommodations and left my card with a request for the manager to give us a call. We had received no call four days later.

Room Tip: Check room and mattress for cleanliness carefully......
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aversetospam

We appreciate you letting us know about your stay at our hotel. The comments you made about our staff were wonderful, and we really enjoyed learning that our location is optimal for guests like yourself. Still, please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay. The staff and I are working to correct these and make a number of improvements to our procedures moving forward.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will give us another chance to show you a great stay at our hotel.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Accomodations are ok, it´s clean but there´s a strong smell of cigars in the corridors and it impregnates in the rooms. Not a good choice if you´re allergic.

It is near the airport, walk distance from a train station where you can get a train to center city 30th street station. From there you can easily go to NJ.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave., responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Edsartori,

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Airport. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours of cigar smoke from occurring. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one. I hope you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a month. This place is neat and clean and close to the airport.

But, on a sad day, i lost $1500 which i left in a bag inside the room. i contacted the authorities but could not get anywhere.

So, Beware of thieves and Keep your valuables always with you and then you can enjoy this place.

Room Tip: take a studio room where you can get the kitchenette and everything. Keep your valuables safe.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave., responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Philadelphia - Airport. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disheartened to read of the loss you experienced. Please accept my most sincere apology. Safety and security of our guests and their belongings is our top priority, we provide safety security boxes located at the front office for our guests at no charge. Thank you again for taking your time to write you review as it will help us continue to improve, and we hope you will allow us the pleasure of serving you again on your future travels.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I had a great stay. I was there for business, but the time that I spent at the hotel away from the job was very good. Great accommodations and good staff. General Mgr Marie Comer and desk clerk Tamia were very courteous and customer service oriented. They made me feel like I was home away from home. Most of all, they treated their guests with respect. The rooms were comfortable and breakfast was presented every morning on time. If i returned to the area I would definitely stay there.

Marvin P

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Manager-PCH, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave., responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you have had such a great stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to providing you great service in the future!