“Keep your Valuables safe and you can enjoy the rest”

Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave.
Ranked #74 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
New York
“Keep your Valuables safe and you can enjoy the rest”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a month. This place is neat and clean and close to the airport.

But, on a sad day, i lost $1500 which i left in a bag inside the room. i contacted the authorities but could not get anywhere.

So, Beware of thieves and Keep your valuables always with you and then you can enjoy this place.

Room Tip: take a studio room where you can get the kitchenette and everything. Keep your valuables safe.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave., responded to this review, March 29, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Philadelphia - Airport. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disheartened to read of the loss you experienced. Please accept my most sincere apology. Safety and security of our guests and their belongings is our top priority, we provide safety security boxes located at the front office for our guests at no charge. Thank you again for taking your time to write you review as it will help us continue to improve, and we hope you will allow us the pleasure of serving you again on your future travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Richmond
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I had a great stay. I was there for business, but the time that I spent at the hotel away from the job was very good. Great accommodations and good staff. General Mgr Marie Comer and desk clerk Tamia were very courteous and customer service oriented. They made me feel like I was home away from home. Most of all, they treated their guests with respect. The rooms were comfortable and breakfast was presented every morning on time. If i returned to the area I would definitely stay there.

Marvin P

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Manager-PCH, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave., responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you have had such a great stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to providing you great service in the future!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed at the Extended Stay on this past weekend of 10/20/2012. The room that I was filled with an enormous amount of fleas. If a room is privy to pets the guest should be aware of that before checking in. Also, the pets rooms should be contained to a certain floor. I was bitten so bad that I had to go to the ER for treatment. They switch me into another room that had fleas in it as well. This was a very disgusting experience that cost me alot of money for medication. To say the least I will have multiple scars all over my legs, arms and stomach from all of the nasty bite marks which will cost me more money to try to get the marks off my legs. I would never recomend anyone to stay in this hotel. It is unclean.......

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager-PCH, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave., responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that you encountered pests during your stay. To prevent this from happening again, my team has had treatments done to the hotel during and after your stay and have an ongoing program to keep pests out of the hotel. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at pla@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Vermont
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Great stay. I stayed here for almost a month and couldn't be happier with the accommodations, service, and staff. Each staff members is friendly and well trained. When asked for anything, they said "yes" every time. They provided me services I didn't even ask for like written directions and phone numbers to places I inquired about. When my car gave me trouble, Marie called her personal mechanic on my behalf and as a result, I was well taken care of by him. Also, this property is CLEAN! I have a eye for this aspect of my stay and I can say with confidence that the housekeeping staff does a remarkable job. The rooms are big, well appointed and newly renovated in many ways. Most importantly, the coffee is good too! I'll be back in November and I have no interest in staying anywhere else.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manager-PCH, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave., responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that I am my staff could make your stay a home away from home. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The hotel was very clean and a lot of renovations were completed with no interruption to the guests. That was impressive, including internet upgrades, brand new workout equipment, new laundry machines, new carpet and floors throughout the entire hotel.
Every single need I had was met with kindness, professionalism, and friendly. The staff here is really on top of what's important to them, the guests.
The manager, Marie Comer, has complete respect and admiration from her staff keeping everything running very smoothly.
I contract a lot all over the country I always found this company to be very good, this one is number one in my opinion.
I highly recommend this hotel.
Ismael Diaz

Room Tip: Well for the summer for the males, overlooking the pool:-)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager-PCH, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave., responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 27, 2012

What a disaster. Four of us stayed here as a last resort after all flights out of Philly were canceled. Gross. Stains, cigarette burns, fleas, and puddles of urine. Add to that all the shady caracters (I believe prostitutes and pimps) made for an unforgettable night. No shuttle, no cabs, no wake up call (my room did not have a clock). We all slept in our clothes. Next time I will sleep on the floor of the airport. I am not exaggerating, this was disgusting!

Room Tip: Bring mace
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave., responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% completely enjoyable. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that we take your review seriously, which is why I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff. It reminds that we always have room to improve.

Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of other brand locations.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I will start by saying that the manager for the hotel was very friendly and welcoming. The hotel on the other hand was a disaster. There were strange smells inside both my room and a friends room, there were stains on all of the carpets and the carpets were no longer flat which made wheeling luggage down them a pain. The bedding was stained, there were pieces falling off of the furniture and counters, they give you one serving of coffee for the in room machine, shampoo is not supplied unless you ask at the front desk and the free "high speed" internet is actually high speed light and is very slow. Not that it is a big deal, but the tv's are old CRT's and the channel selection is awful. After having stayed at another hotel earlier in the week in Bethlehem PA that was an older building but WAAAY cleaner and up to date, this Extended Stay Deluxe felt like cruel and unusual punishment.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank CanuckBCTravel
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave., responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Philadelphia - Airport. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.