“Great location and value”

Ranked #49 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Cape May, New Jersey
“Great location and value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

We were staying 3 nights in center city for a family wedding. This hotel was more economical than where the other folks were staying, and very clean. The staff were very helpful, especially Brian and I forget the maids name on the 3rd floor, but she was very helpful and worked with our flexible schedule. It reminded me of a European hotel; small but clean. The soap bars and shampoo were small but good quality and the only shortcoming was the size of the bath towels. The deal the hotel has with the parking garage across the street is also great...only $12 a day!! The hotel is going thru some renovations, but the rooms have everything we needed, e.g. refrigerator, microwave, big screen TV (sans HD) and Keirig coffee maker. The location was perfect. We put the car into the garage Friday night and didn't take it out until we checked out Monday morning. Plenty of local bars and restaurants within walking distance. GREAT VALUE!!

Room Tip: We slept well. It was not a noisy hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
RodeWayCC, Public Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Center City, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
I wanted to take a moment and thank you for leaving a post on trip advisor after your stay at the Rodeway Inn Center City Philadelphia. As hospitality professionals here at the Rodeway Inn we are constantly trying to see how we can better serve our guests. When someone takes the time to leave a comment, good or bad, we use it as a learning experience to enhance our customer service and then through ongoing training of the staff we always work towards getting better.

I am so glad we hit the right mark with you and your family while you were here with us last weekend. What a great city to come to for a wedding with the architecture and history. It was certainly my pleasure to serve your family while you were with us and I am glad judging from your review that you found the RodeWay Inn to be the hidden Jewel of Center City Philadelphia.

Please consider making a return trip to the Rodeway Inn and call me direct to book the reservation. I will extend the VIP rate.

See you at the RodeWay Inn where the only thing we overlook is Center City Philadelphia!

Guest Services Director
Philadelphia, PA 19107

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Polish first
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

I have stayed at many fine hotels and resorts, my stay at rodeway was wonderful Bryan was on duty and treated us like old friends. The room was clean and nicely appointed. Directions where spot on. We will be using rodeway as our go to place when in the city. We could use the gym and pool up the street for $12.00 and parking was dicounted. The area is full of great eateries.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank jmoore406
RodeWayCC, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Center City, responded to this review, March 7, 2014

I am so glad we hit the right mark with you both while you were here with us last weekend. I also hope you enjoyed Mama Mia as it is such a great show. It was certainly my pleasure to serve you while you were with us and I am glad judging from your review that you found the RodeWay Inn to be the hidden Jewel of Center City Philadelphia.

Guest Services Director
Lititz, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Nice entry, east to get to from Vine Street with parking directly across the street for $12. Brian at the front desk was very professional and friendly. He made you feel like your satisfaction was of utmost importance to him. He offered services I did not know were available, like hold my bags while I attended a business meeting the next day so I would not have to take them back to my car. Room was small but for the price how can you complain! If you do not need a fancy name and a large room, you cannot go wrong here.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room away from Walnut street, as it can be a bit loud - but this also happens at h...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank fogghogger
RodeWayCC, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Center City, responded to this review, February 28, 2014

No problem holding your bags and thanks for the positive review. As a small hotel we really do rely on word of mouth and comments like this go a long way for us; so thank you.

Operating a first class hotel in a one hundred plus year old building we are faced with some obstacles. As you said city noise from the street is something we deal with and unless you are built recently and use sound proof glass this is a tough one. We feel we have maintained the old Philadelphia character of the building and added some great modern amenities.

Please consider making a return trip to the Rodeway Inn and call me direct to book the reservation. I will extend whatever consideration I can and I hope on your return visit that we will again hit the right mark with you.

Guest Services
Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during a weekend trip and I've to say I was very satisfied with every aspect of my stay. Although the price was a bit high, but for this location its not only the cheapest you could find but it is well worth it. The hotel is located right in the center of the city with everything (attractions, nightlife, restaurants, shops...etc) within a walking distance. The hotel is also 7min walking from market east train station from which you can go to the airport & other areas around Philly.
The room itself was a bit small, but has everything you need (Tv, fridge & microwave) it was also very clean. The bathroom was of good size and was perfectly clean & everything worked well. The heater in the room worked well but you can't control from your room but in case you need adjustment, the staff are more than willing to do it for you. Finally, the wifi was fast with no problems with the connection.
Moreover, the staff were very helpful & always there to provide any help if needed.
Maybe the only problem with this hotel is the noise from the street because my room was facing the street but this what you get with a very central location, but maybe if you asked for a room at the back of the hotel the noise will be that loud.
All in all, I was very satisfied with this hotel & its location helped me explore the city & make a good use of my 2 nights stay so I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Chose a room at the back to avoid the street noise
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mobz11
rodeway1208, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Center City, responded to this review, February 1, 2014

Operating a first class hotel in a one hundred plus year old building we are faced with some obstacles. As you said city noise from the street is something unless you are built recently and use sound proof glass. We feel we have maintained the old Philadelphia character of the building and added some great modern amenities. Although most of the challenges the guests don’t see when something goes wrong we haven’t done our job and by evaluating comments we see how we can do it better next time. Please consider making a return trip to the Rodeway Inn and call me direct to book the reservation. I will extend whatever consideration I can and I hope on your return visit that we will hit the right mark with you.

Thanks for the review!

Guest Services
Toms River, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Older renovated building in excellent location. Friendly staff. Discounted parking garage across the street. Small but clean and newly renovated room. Big minus is no individual room thermostat. We slept with window open all night to cool off the room.(January) Had to deal with the city noise or wake up in a pool of sweat! No free breakfast as in other local hotels. Free wifi and basic cable . No pay per view movies. Fridge, microwave and Keurig coffee maker included in room. If you have more than a night or two, suggest another hotel with more creature comforts,

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
rodeway1208, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Center City, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review The Rodeway Inn. I am glad that you enjoyed yourself and were pleased with the rooms despite the heat situation. We look forward to seeing you again!

- Holly
Cambridge, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed here 4 days for a conference.. this place is really well located in the downtown..and is pretty cheap for its location and quality of rooms.. though the lift is cramped and creaky.. that doesnt matter much.. I met a wonderful guy at the reception who was extremely helpful.. he went out of his way to help me fix my laptop in the dead of night.. I cant thank him enough

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review The Rodeway Inn and we are glad that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed the staff. We look forward to seeing you again!

-Holly
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

This is a great little hotel right in the heart of the action in Philly. Perfect for anyone going to a show at either the Forrest or Walnut Theater. It's a small place, the hallways are very narrow and the elevator is small. But, it's inexpensive ($130/night for 2 queens) and in the heart of the action. Right around the corner from El Vez (great Mexican), across the street from Starbucks, a quick walk to Macy's and the shopping in Philly.

In the rooms, it was clean and nicely appointed. One nice plus were the free bottles of water, and the mini keurig for coffee. Ice machine is on the 2nd floor. Water pressure was great in the room. Sheets were clean and fresh and the staff downstairs pleasant and accommodating.

It's a definite recommend for someone looking for a good value in the city.

Parking is across the street in the garage, make sure to get your ticket validated by the staff at the front desk to pay a discounted rate.

Room Tip: The rooms on the street are a little noisy, you are in the heart of all the action in Center City, s...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank for taking the time to review The Rodeway Inn. We appreciate your honest feedback. We are glad that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed the price. We look forward to seeing you again soon !

- Holly