3,770 results
All reviewsbroad streetgreat locationdouble treewarm cookiesthe executive loungecenter cityacademy of musickimmel centercorner roomwithin walking distanceparking garageacross the streetfront desk staffupon checkhigh floorstreet noisefitness center
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Room was very clean. Great restaurants and just down the street from City Hall.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2011

Dear Malarkey83,

Thank you for taking the time to post of review of your recent stay with us at the Doubltree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. It seems as though you had a great trip and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 23, 2011

Had a good experience at this hotel. Arrived on a Thursday night, doorman was quick on taking our luggage and us to the front desk. All checked in very smoothly, with the complimentary cookies.
Was not sure of what a Murphy bed was, so I was a little surprised to see how low the bed was. Saying that, it was extremely comfortable and had no trouble sleeping in it (being that we are not 6' tall) We were on the 24th floor, so the street noise was minimal. Had a great view from our room, looking up Broad St towards the City Hall. The room itself was just another room, but clean with all the extras; eg: coffee maker, hairdryer, TV, internet hookup etc. They also provided shampoo, conditioner and body lotion.
We were given breakfast at this booking. It was OK, I have had better (I am really picky) but if you like the standard cooked breakfast, then I would say it looked rather nice. There were breads, cereals, yogurt and fruit too. On the weekend, they cook omelette to order and waffles, and these were very good. It was very crowded on Sunday, and the staff had a hard time to keep up. The staff were pleasant enough. The greeter could of smiled a bit more, though she might be stressed?? Though very polite.
Had good intentions to go to the gym, but unfortunately did not make it. Passed the fifth floor a couple of times and the chlorine was very strong from the indoor pool. Not sure if I could of gone into that without drying out too much.
We were in a great location. We needed to see a show at the Kimmel Center, and that was just across the street. Everywhere is walking distance. We got to see some of the sights like Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Betsy Ross Home, Elfreth's Alley, City Hall(if you can find the Tourist Shop inside, you can go to the observation deck), Reading Terminal Market.
In the evening we had a drink at the Standing O bar, that is at the hotel. Service was average. We did not eat there, the people we were with did, and they said it was okay. Portions looked large.
Had good food at a couple of expensive restaurants - Morton's. The other was much nicer El Portico, which had a lovely Italian style cuisine. Our first night was at Italian Bistro. Excellent price, 4 course including dessert $20 each. If you didn't like the dessert of the day, then you can choose another for an additional $2. I have to admit, the food was just okay, not a lot of flavor, but presentation was good, and plenty of it considering it was a set price (I was expecting the meals to be smaller)
We went for a walk in the evening towards Rittenhouse Square, and that was buzzing. Felt very safe, walking around the city. Lots of interesting bars and pubs. We did go to a Karaoke Bar, unfortunately I can't remember the name of that one. It was a good night, lots of great singers.
All in all, a very nice experience. Taxi drivers were good. Set fee is $28.50 today. Took about 20 minutes to and from the airport.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2011

Dear spursman57,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. By the looks of it you did a lot during your time here! I would have to attribute some of that to our great location. It seems like you have found that out all on your own-dining and sightseeing-you've got it covered!

We hope to see you soon at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Reviewed February 22, 2011

Stuff happens when you travel. The response that you get from the staff when stuff happens determines the quality of your stay. We were in town for a college basketball game and due to some traffic issues were unable to check in before the game. So it was nearly 11:30 when we showed up to check in. The hotel was sold out there were no Doand the king room we had reserved was not available. Worst of all there were no Doubletree Cookies left. Shawn was on the front desk. He apologized for both issues, told us he would have cookies for us in the morning, found us a great room with two queen beds, reduced the rate on the room and had room service send us drinks for a nightcap. You can't build a new room if there are none left. And usually with an 11:30 pm checkin you have to be prepared to take what you is left as far as rooms are concerned. The fact that Shawn went out of his way to take care of us made all the difference.

We experienced none of the noise issues that others have noted here. In fact, a sign in the elevator informs guests that after 11 pm, that quiet hours are observed. Guests are asked to refrain from being in the hallways talking. I'm sure that it could be an issue close to elevators or if you get to bed early, but we had a room at the end of the hall (603) and I heard nothing either in the halls or through the walls. And I know that the hotel was sold out.

Next morning we had a good breakfast. Nothing special. Typical buffet food. Plenty of choices.

When we checked out we found that some guy had backed his Ford Escape on an angle into our parking space. It was so close that I could not get my hand between the cars. Since the car was a rental, I did not want to move it for fear that I would cause damage to both cars and be liable. Long story short, Krista Baranyi who runs the Front Desk Operations and Karen Lech who runs the Banquet Operations (talk about above and beyond) spent a great deal of time and effort outside in the cold making sure that the garage took care of our needs. When it appeared that we were in for a long wait, they suggested a walk through the city and said that they would be in touch as soon as they could make something happen. So we headed to the Reading Terminal Market rather than waste the time in the lobby or the garage. Sure enough, about an hour later, we got a call from Krista that the garage was going to move the car and accept liability for any damage. That in itself is a miracle. So I headed to the hotel, met with the Krista and Karen who went back out to garage again. got the necessary signature on the paper, and I handed over the keys to the attendant who managed to get the car out with no damage.

Like I said at the beginning. Stuff happens on trips. But Shawn, Krista and Karen demonstrated what customer service is all about. I am a frequent visitor to Philadelphia for both business and leisure. I have found my hotel in that city.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business

Dear GWColonial3305,

Well, what's better than a warm FRESH cookie? You might have had to wait for it, but they really are the best when they are really really just out of the oven! I'd like to thank you for taking the time to not only write a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City but to also acknowledge the employees that made the difference in your stay. It is always so nice to know exactly who it is that goes above and beyond. I will be sure to let them know that you were grateful for their efforts.

I have heard about what had occured in the parking garage. We truly appreciate your patience while we sorted everything out. We are all thankful that it ended the way that it did.

We look forward to hosting you again soon at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Reviewed February 21, 2011

I got a great deal with this hotel for the weekend, so I decided to stay in the Double Tree. The location in the theater district and close to various attractions was very good.

The hotel is outdated (rooms look kind of upgraded) and service is very bad. Housekeeping still knocked on my door (both days!!) with the Do Not Disturb sign on the door and the housekeeper was texting on her phone when I opened the door, then literally kicking us out to clean the room "because people cannot be in it" (?). We left to the pool/spa area (which is unbearably hot) and when we went back to the room, the housekeeper had left and it was not clean. This was disappointing. We then left for the afternoon and when we got back our room was clean.

Actually, only the beds were made and the towels hung. The shampoo & conditioner were not replaced nor the toilet paper, nor the tissues, for which we had to call the Front Desk for more shampoo/conditioner/toilet paper. It did not arrive. We called again. It arrived half an hour (a total of an hour an a half). At least it was delivered.

To further contribute to our dismay, we got a room in the 12th floor next to the elevators. We quickly realized we were next to the elevators since we could hear them every time they went up and down, it sounded like we were on the subway. At least the elevators were fast and efficient, though.
We also could not open the windows, so we slept without the heavy comforter since the air conditioner only goes to 68 and turns on and off.

The room did have a new LCD TV, which was nice. The gym was nice also. It did have internet, but definitely not free. I have stayed at other Double Trees, none were like this one though. As other reviews stated, if you want a quiet room, do not stay here. The only plus to this hotel is its location.

Dear cmeg83,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. I am sorry that you were disturbed by our housekeeping even though the "Do Not Disturb" sign was on the door. That is not our common practice and I will be sure to bring that to the attention of the appropriate manager, as well the other oversites that you experienced with the servicing of your room.

I would also like to aplogize for the restless stay you had. We do try our best to ensure that your night with us is a restful one.

We hope that you will choose to return to us so we can make it right for you.

Reviewed February 14, 2011

The Doubletree has a terrific location but don't expect to get a good night's sleep. We spent a fitful night having our room shake every time someone on our floor opened or closed their door. Our small room had 2 connecting doors with paper thin walls so if you find listening to others conversations and bathroom visits entertaining, this is the place for you

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2011

Dear smh2b1g,
I was sorry to learn of your restless night of sleep during your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. We do make every attempt to ensure that our guests do get a restful stay with us. If you could kindly contact my assistant, Laura Botto at laura.botto@hilton.com, I would like to make this right for you.

We hope to see you soon at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.