Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #34 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Hopewell Jct, NY
“Nice time”
Reviewed April 8, 2007

We always stay at the double tree when visiting my brother in philly because his college is right in the same area as the hotel. We vistied during easter weekend, it was busy then. When we checked in it was late but the front desk was welcoming and we got our free warm cookies as usual. We had gone up to our room on the 21st floor and it was a nice room. It was one of the rooms they renvoated, there in the process of redoing the rooms not all are done yet. It was a small room but it was nice and clean and have very comfortable but no room for a cot because there was 5 people staying in the room. Which when we made the reservacation they knew 5 people where going to be staying in the room and they had it in the computer that we needed a cot. So we called the front desk and told them, thankfully we were able to move to another room, they had told us they where ajoing rooms but it turned out it wasn't one room was near the elevator and our room was on the other side. The night manager didnt read the map right of the hotel. So we stayed in the room the one night and then the next day after breakfest we moved to another room that was an ajoing room which was nice. We luckly didnt get charged for the two extra rooms because the manager during the day said it was there mistake. Which was nice of them to do. We enjoyed the rest of our stay at the hotel, the staff was great with helping with anything we needed. The restraunt standing o is really good place to eat, there food is good. They also have another restraunt called acadmey cafe which is open for breakfest lunch and dinner but standing o is open till 1am. They also have an indoor pool, jucuzzi, raquetball courts, tanning bed and work out facility. If you want to play raquetball you can ask the front desk to rent rackets and they are free of charge to you. They have so many ameanties to help you with your stay even if u forogot something they have a list of what they can provide for you. This hotel is worth staying at and i will be staying her for time to come. I would come back here again.

• Liked — Everything
  • Stayed April 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Supachic311

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bergen County, NJ
Reviewed April 4, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Doubletree for a night because of a wedding that we were attending nearby. It was not the hotel that the bride and groom chose for their guests but we got a great deal through priceline that was hard to pass up.

The hotel really is in the middle of all the action in Philly. It is walking distance (across the street) to some theaters and surrounded by some great restaurants and local eateries. We decided to try to check in before the wedding ceremony (at 1pm) eventhough we knew that the rooms probably wouldn't be ready yet. We arrived at the hotel at noon and the staff found a room on the 9th floor for us! Ofcourse their signature warm chocolate chip cookies were another huge plus. The concierge also were happy to give us directions to the church where the wedding was to be held.

The room is very traditional- not huge but definately more than enough room for two people. The windows for most of the rooms are very large with nice views of downtown. But best of all the beds are luxurious and comfy. I did not find the room to be dirty in any way but the decor may need some updating.

The only problem we had during our stay was the parking garage. It was rather narrow and had a very strange and confusing floorplan. (We walked around for 15 min trying to find or car) They also charge $18 to park in the garage- which I think it typical for Philly.

We were very happy with our stay at the doubletree and wouldn't mind going back. We do prefer our previous stays at the Westin and Sofitel better but for the price- Doubletree was the best deal.

Stayed April 2007
1 Thank boochi17
L.A., Ca
Reviewed March 25, 2007

Stayed in room 2118 over weekend -and came home sick! VISIBLY dirty bathroom light switches, unwashed dirty closet door facade -why did I not realize that meant general lack of cleanliness? Now on my 8th day of Bronchitis, I can only imagine what germs were on their telephones, TV remote, door handles, etc.

• Liked — helpful doorman
  • Disliked — careless front desk service and lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
Thank KathiL.A.
Reviewed March 19, 2007

I travel to Philadelphia frequently on business and pleasure, so I have stayed in many of the hotels there. Usually it is pretty good value and I am well satisfied.

Last weekend, I stayed at the Doubletree and was very nicely impressed. I certainly would seek out the Doubletree again, and would even pay extra.

There were many little "extras" that I thought were very nice.

Location. You can't beat the location. Right on Broad Street about 2 blocks from city hall, in the middle of all the nightlife. Yet, very quiet and restful.

Lobby. An impressive lobby which is a bit different than most.

Front Staff. Very personable, helpful, friendly, professional.

Cookies. They provide warm, fresh, chocolate chip cookies to each person checking in. What a nice touch! Did I mention that they were delicious.

Elevators. I stayed right next to the elevators, which I hate, because you constantly hear the elevator signal and the doors. The Doubletree had thoughtfully toned down the elevator signal so that it was very slight, and the doors were just about silent. I could not hear a thing from the elevator and I was right in the room next door. Oh, and the elevators were high speed, so no waiting ten minutes for the elevator.

Room. The room was very good size, and the bathroom was rather impressive. The bed was comfortable. Everything was organized, and it wasn't your usual "cookie cutter" room. The linens and pillows were impressive, and it was nicely finished off with a extra pillow that wonderfully said "Sweet Dreams."

Like I said, I will be back to the Doubletree Philadelphia again.

Stayed March 2007
1 Thank saint82
Central NJ
Reviewed February 4, 2007

This hotel was niceley maintained. The room was beautiful with some of the best views of Philadelphia available.
It is located in the theater district and one block away form the subway, making all of Philadelphia available to us.

Stayed February 2007
3 Thank PMcGloneLD
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 3, 2007

I just returned home from a visit to Philadelphia and we stayed at the Doubletree hotel. We were part of a large group and stayed two nights at this hotel. We arrived rather late in the evening after several flight delays. We were welcomed by the valet and checked in with courtesy at the front desk. Each of us received a room on the higher floors. The room was very clean and I found it to be very comfortable.

The hotel is centrally located in town and easy access to many local attractions and great restaurants. The housekeeping staff was very professional and every employee was quite friendly and helpful to our entire group. Many of the staff actually remembered my name and greeting me personally.

As a Hilton Diamond member I was provided with a breakfast coupon. I ate at the restaurant on the second floor and found the staff to be very nice and the food to be very good.

All in all, we had a wonderful stay at this property and I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank luvtravel2006
Philadelphia
Reviewed January 29, 2007

The stay was wonderful,the 05 rooms do have the best views of Broad St the city,and the staff were the best help.They treated me like I was someone,which in this day of travel is a more than welcome expetience in itself.I9 stay at the Doubletree at least 4 or 5 times a year.It feels like a home away from home for me,as a matter of fact,I had spine surgery this past summer(a decompression of # 5,as well as a fusion of 4 / 5)for those of you are old enough,or unfortunate enough to understand) and chose the Doubletree as my re-hab hotel.The staff were unbelieveable in my getting back on the road to being my old self,And I mean from the housekeeping staff all the way to the front bellman.So as far as I am concerned,there is no other place for me to stay in Philly,and coming from a person who has stayed in alot of finer hotels,this one hits a home run for me !!!!!!!!!

Stayed January 2007