“Excellent Choice for a nice getaway!”

Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #34 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Central NJ
“Excellent Choice for a nice getaway!”
Reviewed February 4, 2007

This hotel was niceley maintained. The room was beautiful with some of the best views of Philadelphia available.
It is located in the theater district and one block away form the subway, making all of Philadelphia available to us.

Stayed February 2007
3 Thank PMcGloneLD

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (545)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 3, 2007

I just returned home from a visit to Philadelphia and we stayed at the Doubletree hotel. We were part of a large group and stayed two nights at this hotel. We arrived rather late in the evening after several flight delays. We were welcomed by the valet and checked in with courtesy at the front desk. Each of us received a room on the higher floors. The room was very clean and I found it to be very comfortable.

The hotel is centrally located in town and easy access to many local attractions and great restaurants. The housekeeping staff was very professional and every employee was quite friendly and helpful to our entire group. Many of the staff actually remembered my name and greeting me personally.

As a Hilton Diamond member I was provided with a breakfast coupon. I ate at the restaurant on the second floor and found the staff to be very nice and the food to be very good.

All in all, we had a wonderful stay at this property and I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank luvtravel2006
Philadelphia
Reviewed January 29, 2007

The stay was wonderful,the 05 rooms do have the best views of Broad St the city,and the staff were the best help.They treated me like I was someone,which in this day of travel is a more than welcome expetience in itself.I9 stay at the Doubletree at least 4 or 5 times a year.It feels like a home away from home for me,as a matter of fact,I had spine surgery this past summer(a decompression of # 5,as well as a fusion of 4 / 5)for those of you are old enough,or unfortunate enough to understand) and chose the Doubletree as my re-hab hotel.The staff were unbelieveable in my getting back on the road to being my old self,And I mean from the housekeeping staff all the way to the front bellman.So as far as I am concerned,there is no other place for me to stay in Philly,and coming from a person who has stayed in alot of finer hotels,this one hits a home run for me !!!!!!!!!

Stayed January 2007
3 Thank toms901
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed January 29, 2007

Stayed here for one night. Staff was friendly and got a nice warm cookie at check-in. The hotel staff notified us that Prince Charles and Camila were in town and staying across the street from us, because of this there would be some street closures. They provided us a sheet with a map and the times the street closures would occur. Our room was on the 7th floor, and we faced Broad street. It was a little noisy in the middle of the night, but that was because of Prince Charles and his entourage arriving at 1AM and security erecting a security tent infront of the hotel. Had it been any other night, I think it would have been a quiet night. The bed was comfortable, with plenty of pillows. The ceiling could have used a new paint job, especially in the bathroom, where you could see some of the paint peeling. Got a decent deal on Priceline.com. I don't think I would pay full price for this hotel though. Parking was a little under 20 dollars. If you drive in, it can get a little confusing where to park during check in. Also because of the no left turns/U-turns on Broad street, had to go a little out of the way to get into the parking garage. Breakfast was not included, but did have breakfast on their second floor restuarant. Food was good. You could have either a buffet style breakfast or order something from the kitchen. Overall not a bad experience, would stay here again only for the price I initally paid for on Priceline.

• Liked — Location, close to Center City
  • Disliked — Peeling paint in the bathroom
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JR_in_NYC
Cape May, New Jersey
Reviewed January 2, 2007

Stay was planned for New Years Eve and the Philadelphia Mummers Parade. Very pleasant check in, was able to check in room early. Room provided a fantastic view of the parade route. Is close to many of the attractions. Room was clean, but needs to be updated. Beds were comfortable which you would expect of a Hilton Hotel. Housekeeping issues (no coffee, extra towels) were taken care of quickly. The bath had one of the new curved rods, but the shower head was on it's last legs. The heat/ac were hard to control. Took advantage of the fitness center, but locker, steam and sauna were closed for renovations. The restaurant has a great view and the food is very good. The breakfast buffet, while not included in the room charge, was very good. One bright note. The parade was cancelled due to rain, but they planned ahead and offered a discount if we stayed on the new parade date.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Hard to control Heat/AC
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with friends
4 Thank JerseyGent
Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 4, 2006

Stayed 2 nights on 25th floor. Had reserved the room directly through the hotel and paid a premium for an executive room because I was told breakfast was included. Because I was traveling with my 6 foot tall teenage son...a breakfast buffet is always a bonus. Got there and was told there would be no included breakfast but because I complained was given a free breakfast one day. The room was decently appointed but noisy from street traffic. Even at that level I needed ear plugs to sleep despite requesting a quiet room. No other room was available for me that was quiet. My worst problem with this hotel was the air. The vents were caked with dust and I do believe there was mold in the air as I suffered with sinus headaches and congestion from the room. it would only clear when walking around outside. The room was hot so we did use the air conditioning day and night especially to compensate for the feather pillows and thick down comforter on the beds. Service was spotty. The first day we were out of the room at 8:30 am after ordering room service breakfast, which was average but prompt. Returned at 3:30 to find our room had not been cleaned and breakfast was still sitting on the table. Returned again at 7 after complaining to find several items from breakfast still in the room. The best thing about this hotel was that it was within walking distance of a school we were evaluating. The air quality in this hotel will make you sick so I would never recommend staying here.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — very poor air quality and street noise
  • Tips/Secrets — avoid
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
6 Thank pskballet
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed October 19, 2006

This is not a bad hotel, just a mediocre one. First the positives: The room was nicely furnished and perhaps a tad more spacious than most. The bellman and concierge were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was nice enough, but not remarkable.

Now the not so positives: Upon arrival I was told that my room was vacant but not clean (I arrived before check-in time) but that housekeeping was being alerted so that they could give my room priority. I was asked to come back in two hours, which I did, only to be told the room wasn't ready and had not been vacant when I arrived earlier. When I complained that I was being given conflicting stories and that the promise to give my room priority was not being kept, the clerk got a bit snippy as if I had done something wrong. In the end, I got into the room only a few minutes before an appointment I had, so had only a few minutes to freshen up. So all in all, service was not so great.

The hotel is in a very good central location, especially if you are going to the Kimmel Center which is just up the street. But for the price I would have expected better service.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank rwoody