3,770 results
All reviewsbroad streetgreat locationdouble treewarm cookiesthe executive loungecenter cityacademy of musickimmel centercorner roomwithin walking distanceparking garageacross the streetfront desk staffupon checkhigh floorstreet noisefitness center
Reviewed January 2, 2010

We travel extensively and have stayed at the Doubletree for the Mummer'a Parade many times. My partner is a Hilton Honors member and we made our reservations in October. The only reason to be there is that their rooms overlook Broad Street for the parade. I think that perhaps the Doubletree is having trouble with the whole Mummer's thing to be honest. We got there early, and were told all the front rooms were booked, Honors or no. The person at the desk was friendly but she had some supervisor in a beaded top who was just pissy looking. In fact, for the most part, the staff was just that, pissy looking and confused about almost everything. Needless to say, we were unimpressed with the staff and the atmosphere and the lack of ability to have a can do attitude that you can get even at lower fare hotels. We did not even stay the second night as we felt enough was enough. As I said, we travel extensively and for the price of the this hotel (prepaid on Orbitz) the have a lot of work to do in customer relations. Very poor experience.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2010

We generally like staying at Doubletree Hotels, and so when we planned a family trip to Philadelphia for a few days, we immediately decided to stay at this hotel. We checked in to our first room to find a major leak in the window frame and puddle of water. My husband flushed the toilet to be sure it was working, and it overflowed. It was downhill from there. We called down, and the front desk staff was very nice. They quickly changed our room. The configuration we had booked (King room with attached parlor) was no longer available, so they offered us 2 connecting rooms at the same rate as our reservation. Off we went. We got there and the heat in one of the rooms wasn't working. Rather than change us again, they sent up an engineer. Ulimately, after about 45 minutes, they got it to work. But none of the above represents the real problem with this hotel. It's recently renovated: nicely decorated with a very fresh feel. But, the acoustics are TERRIBLE. When someone was in the room next to us (which had a connecting door to ours), his conversations sounded like he was in our room (and he wasn't talking very loudly). All night we heard conversations in the hallway and doors slamming - and the doors slam very loudly. If you are the slightest bit sensitive to noise, stay elsewhere. All this said, the staff were very nice and made every effort to be helpful throughout our stay (including when they couldn't find our car in the garage when we were checking out).

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank LajaVirginia
Reviewed December 24, 2009

The Philadelphia Doubletree Hotel at Broad and Locust, in Center City Phillie, is the friendliest, cleanest and most convenient hotel downtown. The rooms are large, well furnished and they offer a breathtaking view of the skyscrapers and some of the historic buildings of the city. I have been staying at this site for many years. I can't imagine staying anywhere else when I'm in Phillie!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed December 24, 2009

I've stayed at this hotel several times for business, and I enjoy it very much. The location is great near the theater district and close to city hall. The hotel itself seems modern and some people there are incredible (business traveller coordinators). The restaurant is open and comfortable, and I look forward to spending more time in the gym. Having stayed at other hotels in downtown Philly for over a year I intend to stay at this hotel for 2010, and I can recommend it fully.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 21, 2009

Very nice Hotel in the Downtown Phily, well located, moderately Expensive, Breakfast was a huge spread, nothing comes free except for the Bed, if you book early probably you can get a Bargain.

Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple