“First time Phillie”

Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #34 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Took my son to Philadelphia for history a lesson and some great food. Loved walking around Philadelphia! Went to the Barnes Foundation to view its outstanding art. Will be staying again at this hotel next time we visit. Perfect location to walk everywhere on our agenda. Just wished we had more days there to explore.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank SFTourguideMOM
KTMurnane, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Thank you for such a fantastic review. We love to hear when we exceed the expectations of our guests. We look forward to having you and your family stay with us again soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

First time staying at this particular DoubleTree...had been looking forward to it. I've stayed at other Hilton properties in Philadelphia.

Reserved a room on one of the Executive level, which is on the 24th and 25th floors. My room was 2416, and the view from there was pretty nice. I checked in around 2:00pm and got two cookies (which were tasty, btw).

Love the location since it's right in the middle of where I like to hang out. Lots of places to eat and drink nearby.

Since my room was on the Executive floor, I had access to the Executive Lounge which hosts a cute little reception in the evening, as well as breakfast in the morning. The view from that lounge was pretty sweet too.

Parking is the usual $25/night I've encountered in Center City...the garage is pretty old and a pain to navigate. Thankfully I don't have to use my car much when in Philly.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay, and we are pleased to hear that truly enjoyed your experience. We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next trip to Philadelphia.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Overall just an okay visit. I had preordered wine and extra towels for when we arrived and they were not there AND I was charged for it. They did manage to call during the second day of our stay to see "if we still wanted it" but we were obviously over it by then. The parking garage was a mess, taking us an average of 20 minutes each morning to get out because of the slow pace of the people running the exit gate (@ $25 a day nonetheless!) Sadly, our concerns were not taken very seriously when we spoke to the front desk about the short comings. Nice hotel, but nothing special.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
KTPMurnane, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Christopher O,
Thank you for the comments and we apologize that you did not receive your pre-order. In reviewing your check out folio, you were not charged for the wine that was not delivered. The garage back-up was the result of the many guests staying in the hotel for the Softball Tournament exiting at the same time each morning. We apologize for any delays.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

everyone treated us like royalty,,,the hotel staff was very helpful, the food was terrific. all the hotel,banquet, and wedding coordinators were supportive, courteous and helpful! I would definitely come back and have my nextevent here

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear ElissaU-
Thank you so much for the raving reviews of your recent stay. Congratulations on your wedding, and thank you for letting us be a part of your big day. We wish you the best in the future, and look forward to having you stay at our hotel again.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Had a great stay. Room was clean and comfortable. Courteous staff. Location was perfect. Will stay here again. The A/C was a bit noisy, but I didn't bother to call in to have it fixed. They likely would've addressed the issue.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Robbie T-
Thank you for the great five star review. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit to Philadelphia.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Conference hotel, so this is where I stayed. Have a service dog with me, noted on my reservation. There is NO GREEN PATCH within BLOCKS of this hotel. In all the cities we've traveled to, I've never dealt with this before. I made my reservation directly with the hotel, and there was no mention at all when I said I'd be bringing my service dog that there's no place for him to relieve himself. That's kind of a big deal. All the trees nearby have metal grates around their base. When the dog has to go potty at midnight, there is no place out there that I feel safe walking to. Back alleys are just not an option here. Not that there is any grass or even dirt patches there either. To add insult to injury, the tv remote didn't work, the cable went out, the thermostat wouldn't keep my setting, the fridge I requested for m dog's food, froze his food, the hotel restaurant put the jalapenos on my nachos that I asked to be left off, housekeeping didn't leave any glasses in the room, at $150/night, internet should not cost $10/day additional, very old tv, yada yada yada. We are seasoned travelers. Every thing that happens just amplifies the last ten. I'm ready to leave the conference and go home. So done.

Room Tip: If you're bringing a dog, don't stay here. Period.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Tina V
KTPMurnane, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Tina V,
Thank you for your comments. We’re apologize that you had issues with your stay and we couldn’t provide your dog with a place to relieve himself. During you next visit to Philadelphia we would suggest a hotel next to one of our cities four beautiful squares where there are plenty of trees and grass. Thank you again for taking the time to write us.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was a great hotel. I recently stayed one night, due to a flight schedule change. All the Hilton hotels near the airport were full, I called Hilton Honors and they found a hotel right in the heart of the city on a moments notice. This was a perfect choice as there were a lot of dinning and sightseeing options close by during my brief stay. The front desk staff were very courteous, and located me on a high floor away from the elevator! Great City views.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for the great review, and for your loyalty to the Hilton brand. We are pleased to hear that our team was able to accommodate your change in plans and to exceed your expectations all the while. We have a wonderful location in the heart of downtown, and we hope you will have more time to explore on your next visit to Philadelphia.