3,770 results
All reviewsbroad streetgreat locationdouble treewarm cookiesthe executive loungecenter cityacademy of musickimmel centercorner roomwithin walking distanceparking garageacross the streetfront desk staffupon checkhigh floorstreet noisefitness center
Reviewed April 29, 2014

This is a well situated hotel with very good staff.

Check in was efficiently handled, rooms were clean with good views, bar was reasonable with friendly staff. Breakfast was ok choice, not huge and food sometimes a little cooler than some might find palatable.
Lots to see around the hotel and easily accessed from the main routes north and south.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Was disappointed that you have to pay for wi-fi, as well as breakfast. In a hotel this size, frequency of use, and cost to stay those things should be free. Otherwise the room was good, bed comfortable, the couch was horrible to sit in for more than a minute. The location was fabulous

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
KTMurnane, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Thank you for the candid review of your recent stay. We appreciate the feedback, and do offer free wi-fi in all public spaces as well as to our Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond Members. Our location is definitely perfect for all of Philadelphia's best sites. Be sure to come back soon.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

This is my first terrible review for a hotel and its because the management is not kind, caring or honest. The hotel did not honor my rate, then chose to waste my time beating around the bush telling me this department had to talk to that department which had to talk to another department and in the end the problem would be corrected all to find out that once i left the hotel they told me theres nothing that can be changed. The worst part is they wasted about 30 minutes of my time daily between keys not working each night and then having me wait upon departure 30 minutes to talk to there GM who then perceeded to tell me there was some confusion and it would be solved by a simple phone call. So i called and then they said "were not honoring that goodbye".

I would not be so upset if this property was on par with other Hilton properties but its not. The business center had a note to go up to the 4th floor for fax, then the staff in the 4th floor redirected to the front desk who redirected me back to the broken/not functional fax machine. The 3rd floor had a large broken glass from the vase laying on the table and parking garage was in terrible condition as well. Again for a property with issues they shouldn't let guests leave with problems.

The front desk told this hotel is run by Hilton corporate, this property needs to have a compassionate, caring, and better trained management staff.

I have never had trouble at any hotel when it comes to honoring original reservation rates and ill never stay at this property or a double tree again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
KTPMurnane, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear Jason12D,
Dear JasonD12,
Thank you for your comments. We apologize, but are unable to respond to your concerns as we don’t have any recollection or record of the events you describe. Are you sure that you have the right hotel? Please contact us at eric.shinseki@hilton.com and we will be happy to try to ascertain and then address your issues.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed at the Doubletree Easter weekend as part of a large group, a volleyball club specifically. The hotel itself was very nice - rooms were clean, a nice pool and fitness center. It was also a short walk to the convention center.

On to the unhelpful staff....Let me start by saying I understand that they're running a business and everything has a price. That said - I asked the front desk for a space to host an easter egg hunt, have a team dinner, and present 3 awards, just an empty conference for approximately 1.5 hours in total and it could be broken up if need be. The immediate answer was no. Then the answer became you can have a space for $500. I explained to front desk agent that we are a non-profit organization looking to use a space during off hours and we do not have $500 to spare for something like this. The answer went back to no, we can't help you. I was disappointed but I accepted the answer.

One of the parents from my team seemed to have better luck and was able to secure us the executive lounge for 9:30 on Saturday night. I was very excited that we had found a space and grateful that someone had been understanding enough to work with us. I arrived early, around 9:15, to hide the easter eggs and then sat to wait for the girls and their parents to arrive. The girls arrived around 9:25 and went to sit in the upper lounge area to wait for everyone to arrive. At 9:30, security arrived telling everyone, including my group, they had to leave the space and the lounge was now closed. I asked the guard for an explaination. He said they has recieved a noise compliant and were closing the lounge. I asked to speak to a manager. I ended up speaking to three managers - William, Crystal, and another gentleman who did not have a name tag visable. William and the other gentleman had very little to say. Crystal did all the talking and was less than pleasent. She was condescending and rude. I calmly explained the situation and she had already decided that no one would be in the lounge. The parents from my team were very upset as was I. We left the space after a 30 minute conversation.

As we were checking out on Sunday morning, Crystal was onsite again and was once again less then helpful or pleasent. The hotel had billed the wrong credit cards. My group had already updated the credit card information as of Friday morning. Crystal called security as if something was going to take place that required their assistance.

Needless to say, I was very disappointed in the service at this hotel and my group will not be returning.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
KTPMurnane, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear jmgsun,
Thank you for your comments. We are sorry that the hotel was not able to accommodate your volleyball teams Easter Egg hunt on a sold out and very busy weekend. Hotel management was professional and courteous when informing your group that they were disturbing other guests trying to sleep while you conducted your “egg hunt” on a guestroom floor. We make every effort to balance the requests of individual guests with the needs of every other guest in the hotel and we apologize that in this case we were not able to meet your expectations.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I stayed at this hotel last weekend (Easter weekend) The hotel in and of itself was very nice. Located downtown and not far from the convention center. Warm cookies upon arrival are always appreciated. We had called about a week prior and changed our initial reservation to a later arrival date, and had received a confirmation number. However, upon arrival, they didn't have a room or reservation for us at all, despite the confirmation number we had. The lady at the counter found us a room, out, but when i returned home, I found that i had been charged for both the new room they gave us and the previous reservation which they claimed they couldn't find. I have been calling for a week and leaving messages and trying to get a hold of someone in accounting to no avail, so that has definitely tarnished my view of the hotel. I'll have to keep you all updated as to if/when there is a resolution.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Jerusha L I
KTMurnane, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Jerusha- Thank you for the candid review of your recent stay and for sharing your experience with us. We apologize for any miscommunication and would like to see this resolved as soon as possible. Please feel free to reach out to me personally if the issue is not resolved in a timely manner. We hope this will not hinder your decision to stay with us in the future.