3,773 results
All reviewsbroad streetgreat locationdouble treewarm cookiesthe executive loungecenter cityacademy of musickimmel centercorner roomwithin walking distanceparking garageacross the streetfront desk staffupon checkhigh floorstreet noisefitness center
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Great design and atmosphere and the stay was great with one disturbing exception. I was sick on Saturday night and left a mess on the bed sheet and a pillow case. It was quie obvious. To my surprise on Sunday evening when I was pullling the covers back I noticed that the sheet and pillow case had not ben changed. I mentioned this to staff at the front desk and received a sincere apology. As late as it was, I had to sllep in it. I should receive some kind of discount for that night at least, don't you think? Loved the hotel and this is not what I normally experience at Hilton.

1  Thank Charles R
KTMurnane, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Thank you for the four star review of your recent stay. We genuinely apologize that you were ill during your stay, and for any inconvenience you experienced with your bedding. We hope you feel better, and come back soon to enjoy all that our hotel has to offer.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

The stay was fantastic from checking in to leaving at check out. The staff always had a smile on their faces, the accommodations were spectacular and the location couldn't be beat. We were right in the Atrs district and there were plenty of things to do. The public transportation system was so easy, we never took our car out of the garage.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay. We do have a very convenient location in the heart of downtown, and a subway stop just out the doors of the hotel to get to the Wells Fargo Center and other major attractions. Be sure to come back soon!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed at the Doubletree in downtown Philadelphia for the second time in 6 months and I wrote a review the last time, as we so enjoyed our stay. I am writing a confirmation that the great time we had in November wasn't a fluke….we had wonderful service (especially from the front desk clerk, Kim) and from the whole staff. Our room was spotless and the location for the hotel was perfect for seeing the sights of Philadelphia. It was right on the subway line and we could take our grandson to the baseball game and the sightseeing bus stopped at the hotel. Everyone was pleasant and I highly recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank nancygSeattle

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We will be sure to pass your thanks along to Kim, and the rest of our staff. Come back soon!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

As a whole my experience at DoubleTree was permeated by a problem I encountered everyday the whole week I was there. My key did not work on a daily basis, and after going up to the 24th floor with all my heavy work bags everyday, my key would not work and I would need to go back downstairs with all my bags to get it fixed. The receptionists were not sympathetic but insisted it was my fault (because I had kept the key next to a phone or credit card). When they said this, I was offended. In fact, I kept my key in my coat pocket. Everyday, they would say the same thing to me (it's my fault for keeping it near magnetic things), and everyday I told them that the key was in my coat pocket not near anything magnetic.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
KTPMurnane, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Hannah S,
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. We apologize that you had difficulties with your room key during your stay and the desk staff gave you the impression that it was somehow your fault. They were going off the fact that the other two guests sharing your room did not have the same problem. None-the-less, they should have politely remedied the situation. Our Engineering Team did replaced the lock on that particular room as a future precaution.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I was a little surprised that the usual things, like in room reference to services, I expect in a 'by Hilton' hotel weren't all available. It was a clean, quiet and comfortable room. The bar/restaurant has an excellent selection of wine and the food was great. Parking is a little inconvenient as the pull off area to register is just past the parking lot on a one way street, so you have to drive around the block to get back to the garage after you've checked in. There isn't a direct entrance to the hotel from the garage, but it is next door and I (single female traveling alone) felt safe.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the great review, and sharing your comments on your recent stay. We do apologize for any inconvenience on our parking arrangement, as we are located right downtown with multi-lane streets. We do offer valet service as well as the ability to park your car right alongside the hotel in the garage while unpacking upon arrival. We hope this will add some convenience on your next trip to Philadelphia. Come back soon.