Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
  • Breakfast included
$220
$199
  • Pool
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District(Philadelphia)(Great Value!)
$215
$169
$236
$208
Hilton.com
$179
  • Restaurant
Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square(Philadelphia)
$206
$242
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
3,610 results
All reviewsbroad streetdouble treegreat locationwarm cookiesthe executive loungecenter cityacademy of musickimmel centercorner roomwithin walking distanceparking garageacross the streetfront desk staffupon checkstreet noisehigh floorfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 20, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Double Tree Hilton for a weekend of events in the city. Ill point out the positive and negatives we experienced during our stay.
Good:
#1 Location, location, location. If you are coming to Philly to see a show at the Avenue of the Arts this puts you dead center. It has a parking garage right next door as well. We had tickets and simply took the elevator to the main lobby, walked out the door, went directly across the street...and we are there. The Broad street line (Orange) runs directly underneath. This was outstanding to get to the stadium (Flyers/Wells Fargo) quickly and efficiently. On the way back from the game is express and the first stop ironically is Walnut/Locust...perfect. Last but not least, the hotel is conviently located to plenty of shopping and sights.
#2 The room was nice, well kept, and seemed to be updated recently. We arrived for early check-in, were pleasantly greeted, and given a high room per our request. Our room was close to the elevator and yet never heard it, or other guests.
#3 Great fitness area and pool on the 5th floor.
Bad:
These are not necessarily bad, just quirks that are worth mentioning in my opinion.
#1 Hanging out in the room prior to our show across the street, I was looking at the large windows with the great view. I noticed a latch and without knowing....I was able to open the whole thing wide open. I thought to myself are they nuts, holy liability! I shut the window and realized I could not lock it. I would blow it off, but with my kids in the room I contacted the front desk. To their credit they quickly came to address the issue. The maintenance gentlemen was very nice and visibly spooked to say the least. He stated all of the windows were sealed shut a long time ago (our other window was unable to open)....still there are a lot of windows?!
#2 They don’t really let their guests know where everything is in the hotel. There is a small restaurant/cafe on the main floor which is obvious (decent food/ awful service), but they fail to mention the other restaurant on the second floor (mezzanine) or the pool/ fitness on the 5th. My wife and I had no clue there was a place to eat on the second floor and if I didn’t read reviews on Trip Advisor I would have never known about the pool?! It’s so simple when a person checks in give them a little brochure that states...here is your room, and here is this restaurant, and the pool, etc. Or even simpler, put a symbol or sign on the buttons in the elevator.
#3 Check-in I had a very nice, sweet person...check-out not so much. I was charged internet, yet I told her I had no idea what she was talking about. I didn’t want to cause a scene over $10 so just paid it. Secondly when I checked in the nice woman told us they can validate our parking for next door for a 25% discount....when I mentioned it at check-out she looked at me like I had two heads. Miscommunication, possible...but again not worth the argument.

Overall, the family really liked this hotel. Sure it had a few mishaps but good outweighed the "quirks". Would I stay here again, strongly possible...but the Bellevue hotel is right across the street and has the same great location as the Double Tree...food for thought.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank shorebound910
KTMurnane, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a candid review of your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that your few small issues were resolved in a timely manner. We appreciate your feedback, and will definitely bring your suggestions such as more signage up to management to make sure we are communicating all of our great amenities to our guests. We hope that you and your family stay with us again soon.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

The place didn't exactly bowl me over. But for a clean, decent, no-nonsense experience, this DoubleTree served my wife and me well. My main complaint was the literature said "jacuzzi" but there was only a pool. The literature needs to be updated. A word of complaint to the manager, and before I knew it he sent up four drink vouchers for use in the bar. So how can I complain?

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience, however our hotel does not have a hot tub. We are pleased to hear that our staff went above and beyond to take care of you, as we do for all of our valued guests. We hope you and your family will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Very nice hotel on Avenue of the Arts. Nice amenities. Very centrally located for concerts, restaurants and convention center. Beautiful lobby area and comfortable bar/restaurant. The chocolate chip cookies as a welcome are a nice treat.

Room Tip: Might want to ask for a room off of facing Broad Street, if noise is an issue, view however if great.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the great review! We do have a fantastic location right in the heart of downtown. We hope you will stay with us again soon. We will have our delicious warm chocolate chip cookies waiting for you.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stayed at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City for the NSCAA Soccer convention. It was a short 15min 1/2 mile walk to the convention center. And also catty corner to the Kimmel Center. Safe walks to city hall and all the center city sites. Warm cookies at check in!!! Very helpful staff, and awesome doorman.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
KTMurnane, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear Ned Y-
Thank you for the fantastic review of your recent stay. We are happy to hear we exceeded your expectations and will be sure to pass your thanks on to our doorman! Stay with us again soon.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Very nice hotel - in great shape - all the amenities (except bathrobe) - free internet and breakfast included deal. In-room coffee maker, nice toiletries - great view of buildings in the neighborhood - great location - across street from Academy of Music and Concert Hall.

Room Tip: As high floor as you can, as the streets are noisy - sirens, etc.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for the great review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy to hear that you took advantage of a special package and enjoyed your stay from check-in to check-out. We do have the best location in downtown Philly. Be sure to stay with us again soon.