“Very good...a few quirks, but still good”

Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #35 of 89 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stayed at the Doubletree Center City for a quick getaway with family...got a tremendous rate (under 100) thanks to Travelocity. First things first, the location is the best area in Philly to stay in my opinion. Arts district is safe, lots of restaurants and close to everything. The rooms themselves were nice...beds were comfortable and we had a great view of Broad Street.

The only quirks...I don't know why the insistence in charging dollars a day for Wi-Fi. It should not matter what level HHonors member I am, nor should this be a charge to anyone for that matter. Second is the elevator issue mentioned by previous posters. Slow, one broken, very crowded and people who can't take hints that elevators are already too crowded.

Still would recommend...location alone plus the cleanliness gives it a very good rating.

Room Tip: Ask for view of Center city
1  Thank rstravelerMaryland
KTMurnane, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Dear rstravelerMaryland-
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback and positive remarks. We apologize for the inconvenience of our elevators, as they were under renovation during your stay to make sure we are providing the best, safest, and most efficient service to our guests. Our Wi-Fi is free in all public areas of the hotel, and is also a reward offered to Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond Members. We hope you will stay with us again to see the completed improvements.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,557)

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Our bathroom was disgusting! There was peeling paint from the ceiling and the vent didn't work~~hence the peeling paint. Also, we were at the back of the hotel and had a "lovely" view of the parking garage. Breakfast buffet was WAY overpriced $20.00 per person.

1  Thank John M
KTPMurnane, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear John M,
Thank you for your comments and for calling our attention to the few areas of peeling paint in your bathroom. We have since repaired that bathroom ceiling and our inspection revealed an otherwise immaculate bathroom. In the future please request a room on the Broad Street side of the hotel for amazing views of the city. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I have stayed in a lot of Hotels and this is by far the worst. The hotel has 26 floors and only 4 elevators. The week of Thanksgiving when we were there they didn't work half the time. The cleaning ladies lost one of my gloves I left one Bed. I also called because I left some pictures in my room that I bought and they said no one turned then in. I wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Robert9182,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. We are upgrading our elevators with new controls and had one elevator out of service during your stay. All other elevators were running as designed. We apologize that you experienced delays. We are also sorry that you may have had items that were lost during your stay. Our housekeepers recover hundreds of such items left behind by guests and return them to their owners almost daily.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

This hotel is a great location and extremely friendly staff. I am going back in a couple days and taking my bike with me. Very conveniently located when traveling throughout the city by bicycle. Only bummer is that they don't offer an airport shuttle. Otherwise, very happy.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank topherpdx
KTMurnane, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you will be staying with us again so soon! We strive to offer great value and comfort through our friendly and welcoming staff. We do not have a van regularly scheduled to the airport, but our concierge or front desk can certainly arrange transportation for you if it is needed on your next stay. Just stop by the front desk! And pick up a warm chocolate chip cookie while you are there too!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

The DT is located in Center City and is convenient to it all. My office on Market Street is only a few minutes stroll and nearby the hotel are plenty of shops and of course the theatre and dance opportunities

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mitchell F

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review. We really appreciate it. Our location is perfect, in the heart of downtown with shops, restaurants, and of course the Avenue of the Arts. We hope you choose to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed here several times and will not be coming back. The only positives are the location and the view. The staff is poorly trained. My husband took our daughter to the restaurant for breakfast while I was in the marathon, and after being seated and given menus my daughter noticed the waitresses and cashier from across the room staring and pointing at her. Then hostess/cashier named ROSE came over and embarrassed her (she is a child) by yelling that she was violating a health code because she wasn't wearing shoes. She was wearing socks. In PA, there is no such health violation for customers wearing socks. If there was, all of those kid places with jumping activities would be in violation when they all ate lunch in their socks. My husband complained and was given a free lunch for later in the day. The food sucked. Do yourself a favor and either stay at the Inn at Penn or hotel Monaco.

1  Thank Bari D
KTPMurnane, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Bari D,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're sorry that your husband and daughter had such a bad experience in our restaurant. Although you weren't present at the time your daughter was made to feel uncomfortable about wearing socks in our dining room, I know our Restaurant Manager spoke with your husband and he was satisfied with his explanation and apology. We hope you will give our Hotel another opportunity in the future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The whole staff was extremely friendly and the room was very nice. Breakfast was good, some hot food, muffin, cereal, fruit, yogurt etc. but I payed three different prices for the same breakfast...just a distraction. I loved the bed..I lot: so confortable!A small imperfection:my room wasn't cleaned until the afternoon (4pm). Finally, great location!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback as it is always necessary to keep improving our service. While an apology will not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion, I do extend it with all sincerity. I understand the frustration of the points you mentioned and we will be addressing it with our staff to determine how it can be corrected in the future. We hope you will still stay with us again in the future.