“Doubletree and warm cookies”

Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #34 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Philadelphia, United States
“Doubletree and warm cookies”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The Doubletree was just right for a quick stay in Philadelphia for a conference! Walking distance to conference location, restaurants, and tourist attractions. Friendly service. Clean and spacious rooms. Warm chocolate chip cookies when we checked in on a cold night. Nice touch.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

KTMurnane, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you for the great review of your recent stay with us. We are the perfect location for any conference in downtown, with close proximity to the train, subway, restaurants, touring and culture! We will be sure to have warm cookies waiting for your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Oakland, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The rooms are not that well insulated. For the price they charged (Upwards of $290), comfort level was low thanks for the horrendous noise going on all week (street level construction). I was on the 25th floor. The noise continued past midnight. Service was rather slow although once asked they eventually fulfilled requests to satisfaction. Bathroom and bedroom cleaning was satisfactory. However, the pillows smelled although they looked clean from the first night I checked in. Perhaps they were being "earth friendly" and didn't change after the previous guest checked out? I expected more from Hilton. Not worth the price. Definitely not worth that one welcome cookie.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

KTPMurnane, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Kyongri L,
Thank you for the comments and we are sorry that there was construction noise outside in the street during your visit. We are certainly empathetic to your situation and share your frustration. As a note; all of our linen, including pillowcases, are freshly laundered for each guest. Again, thank you for the feedback and we hope to see you again in the future.
Bronx, New York
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nights on business as I have done at other Doubletrees and Hilton Hotels, and this one doesn't quite measure up. While the staff I encountered were friendly, there were at times long lines of people needing the attention of the front desk and only one person tending to the line. The elevators are under construction and are slow; I sometimes waited 5 minutes or more for one to pick me up on my high floor.

The rooms themselves are fine, regular clean hotel rooms. But, the alarm clock that was provided to me kept creating audible feedback sounds throughout the night and waking me up. Internet is NOT complimentary; it costs $9.95 per day and is a terrible connection. It would take a few minutes for 1 page to load and forget trying to do two things at once. Some pages were never able to fully load and I'd just give up. I was there on business and needed reliable internet so this was of great annoyance. Lastly, a small point, but Doubletrees are known for giving out a chocolate chip cookie upon arrival; this location put walnuts in theirs so I couldn't eat it. Why they would put nuts in a cookie they expect to give out to every guest, I cannot figure out.

The one redeeming quality of this hotel: Location. It is right on Broad street close to shopping, both the El and Broad Street train lines and City Hall. But if you can deal with being a few blocks in another direction, there are plenty of other very nice Center City hotels to choose from.

Dear FeistyNYC,
We appreciate your taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. We apologize that you had problems with your radio and the internet. As for our famous Doubletree Chocolate Cookies, the same recipe has been used for over 30 years throughout the Doubletree by Hilton chain and have always contained walnuts. Again, thanks for the info and we hope to see you agian in the future.
Strasburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed here twice when my daughter was in CHOP for surgery. Loved the view most of all. Great corner windows give you an unobstructed view of the city. Rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. We didn't get to see much as we had to be at the hospital early. The staff was friendly and check in and out was quick.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
KTMurnane, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are always happy to take great care of our guests and make their stay the best we possibly can. We hope you can join us again for a tour of the city or some fun activities, and we wish your daughter a speedy recovery!
Oro Valley, AZ, United States
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The facility is excellent and the staff professional and courteous. The food and service at the restaurant was excellent. It is close to the Convention Center and many attractions, if you are inclined to do sight-seeing. I will definitely stay here again when I travel to Philadelphia.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the great review Daniel! We hope to see you again on a return trip.
Evergreen, Colorado
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed here for a business trip. It was not what I normally expect from a Hilton property; honestly I have stayed at Hampton Inns of higher quality!

The elevators were being worked on, so sometimes it took a long time to get a car. Being on a high floor, this was a bit annoying. There are a total of four elevators, so not sure why I had to wait 5-7 minutes at times. Of course, I want them to have safe elevators so I understand the importance of maintenance, it just was an inconvenience.

Housekeeping was very slow to clean up the room, and as I had to make some conference calls from the room, this was a bit stressful for me. They did not get to my room until 2:30 PM.

The bar / restaurant was quite a mess. I was there at around 2 PM, just for a cup of hot tea. They told me to pick a table, so I picked the least dirty one (it only had a dirty fork left on the table and some smudges, while other tables still had dirty plates and even the tips still remaining!). The waiter was very affable but he did not give me a napkin or a set of utensils.

I had asked for a king sized bed when I booked; when I checked in, only queens were available. Not a big deal, but not what I had requested or expected.

The room itself was OK. $10 per day for internet service (that bugs me), and the mattresses are decent but not amazing.

It is in a good location, but unfortunately they were doing street work while I was there, so I got to hear jackhammers until midnight. This is NOT their fault, of course! It just added to the less than stellar experience.

I will say that the staff were very friendly, and that the little convenience store in the lobby is not outrageously priced. I also appreciate the warm chocolate chip cookie at check in! But, I probably would not stay here again.

Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel two times, both for one week. It was a very good and comfortable stay. We were in a group of 24 person from four countries. It was late evening but the reception staffs gave us a warm welcome. They gave us a pack of cookies, warm cookies when we were waiting in the Line. Most of us got more than one pack of mouth-watering cookies. The room was spacious and very comfortable. I got a room with the view of the city center and I could see the high statue of Pen from my windows. Second time I stayed with my wife and we both enjoyed the comfort ability and location of the hotel. The breakfast and lunch is also very good. I am not sure about the dinner but I am use it is also great value.

Stayed November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience with others. You will have to come back for a third stay soon! We will have more mouth watering warm cookies waiting for your return! You should also try dinner at our Standing O Bar and Bistro next time.