“A bit bumpy”

Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #34 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed here for a business trip. It was not what I normally expect from a Hilton property; honestly I have stayed at Hampton Inns of higher quality!

The elevators were being worked on, so sometimes it took a long time to get a car. Being on a high floor, this was a bit annoying. There are a total of four elevators, so not sure why I had to wait 5-7 minutes at times. Of course, I want them to have safe elevators so I understand the importance of maintenance, it just was an inconvenience.

Housekeeping was very slow to clean up the room, and as I had to make some conference calls from the room, this was a bit stressful for me. They did not get to my room until 2:30 PM.

The bar / restaurant was quite a mess. I was there at around 2 PM, just for a cup of hot tea. They told me to pick a table, so I picked the least dirty one (it only had a dirty fork left on the table and some smudges, while other tables still had dirty plates and even the tips still remaining!). The waiter was very affable but he did not give me a napkin or a set of utensils.

I had asked for a king sized bed when I booked; when I checked in, only queens were available. Not a big deal, but not what I had requested or expected.

The room itself was OK. $10 per day for internet service (that bugs me), and the mattresses are decent but not amazing.

It is in a good location, but unfortunately they were doing street work while I was there, so I got to hear jackhammers until midnight. This is NOT their fault, of course! It just added to the less than stellar experience.

I will say that the staff were very friendly, and that the little convenience store in the lobby is not outrageously priced. I also appreciate the warm chocolate chip cookie at check in! But, I probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed in the hotel two times, both for one week. It was a very good and comfortable stay. We were in a group of 24 person from four countries. It was late evening but the reception staffs gave us a warm welcome. They gave us a pack of cookies, warm cookies when we were waiting in the Line. Most of us got more than one pack of mouth-watering cookies. The room was spacious and very comfortable. I got a room with the view of the city center and I could see the high statue of Pen from my windows. Second time I stayed with my wife and we both enjoyed the comfort ability and location of the hotel. The breakfast and lunch is also very good. I am not sure about the dinner but I am use it is also great value.

Stayed: November 2012
KTMurnane, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience with others. You will have to come back for a third stay soon! We will have more mouth watering warm cookies waiting for your return! You should also try dinner at our Standing O Bar and Bistro next time.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stayed here for a few days to catch a couple sporting events and eat some steaks. This is a very nice hotel in a great location. The front desk staff was great, and they offered us fresh cookies upon check in. They upgraded us for free to a corner suite which was a very nice touch. The room was very spacious and very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The hosuekeeping staff is very polite and very good at their jobs.
This hotel is also ideally located to tour Philly. There is a station for the AT and T line right next to the hotel which will take you all over the city. This line is convenient to Eastern State Penitentiary and a short walk from the Rocky Steps. This line also stops near Pat's King os Steaks which you need to visit if you're in Philly. This line also takes you directly to Lincoln Financial Field, Citizens Financial Field, and the hockey arena. If you are planning on taking in a couple sporting events, this is definitely the hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay. We do have the best location in Philadelphia for all types of activities from sports, the arts, historic tours, etc. And we strive to offer great customer service. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel is in an awesome location for exploring historic Philadelphia on foot. Room was nice, beds very comfortable; we crammed 4 of us into a 2-Double room and never felt cramped (though we spent most of our time exploring the city). Our high floor room had a great view looking out over City Hall. Great restaurants close by (Vedge!) Nice pool, great for cooling off after some hot days touring the sites, plus it has a nice patio with a view of the busy street below. The building and facilities felt a little tired, but that didn't detract from our stay in any meaningful way. Onsite parking was a great bonus. Staff were friendly and helpful, especially in the quite nice lounge off the lobby. Had a great time here, will definitely stay again when we next visit Philly

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your fantastic review. We are proud to offer an excellent location and friendly staff and atmosphere. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had a great experience at the Philadelphia Double tree. Great location for attending a concert, convenient to restaurants and bars. This well appointed hotel is at the upper end of the Doubletrees where I have stayed. Very friendly staff, great views of the city from the upper floors. Recommend without hesitation.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gerrit B

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with other travelers. Our location is perfect for a concert or show at the Kimmel Center or a walk down the Avenue of the Arts. We welcome any suggestions to make your review 5 stars next time. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The price is right and the staff are very helpful. I was here on business and was met with a smile and offer of assistance. And the warm cookie was a terrific added bonus! Right in the heart of Philly Great location. I'll be staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review Susan. We are pleased to hear you had such an enjoyable stay. We will have warm cookies waiting for your return!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

This hotel is in the perfect location for visiting Philly. The rooms are very clean and the staff are friendly and knowledgeable.The bar was nice and the food served was lovely. We stayed five nights and would return. Comfy beds and a good shower.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
KTMurnane, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for the fantastic 5 Star Review. We are happy to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and will return again. We strive to provide the best service through a friendly and knowledgeable team, great food, and clean, comfortable rooms. We hope to see you again soon!