3,773 results
All reviewsbroad streetgreat locationdouble treewarm cookiesthe executive loungecenter cityacademy of musickimmel centercorner roomwithin walking distanceparking garageacross the streetfront desk staffupon checkhigh floorstreet noisefitness center
Reviewed April 26, 2013

When you pay over $200 a night and think of Hilton brand, you expect more than three star motel quality even if in a good location. So if you stay here lower your expectations and you may enjoy being there.
My reservation was not honored until I insisted it had been done weeks before. Was given a room for one night and asked to leave as they had overbooked for the rest of my stay. Locked out of my room when I did not check out and after insisting some more they allowed me to stay. My employees who had checked in before did not have any trouble. We were there to work at the convention center.
The $18 breafast was not of good quality. The croissants were soggy and three day old tasting. No expresso even if you had topay extra. Only brown water instead. There must be better options.

Room Tip: If you have no other option for hotels in Philadelphia, at least ask for a less noisy side if there is one.
2  Thank Enrico P
Rebekah K, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

We’re sorry we didn't provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and we hope you’ll give us another
opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Very good full service hotel in an excellent location. Easy walk to Rittenhouse and Historic District, and Center City has plenty of restaurant options. Theatres are literally next door and across the street. Plan to return next time I am in Philadelphia.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had tickets to les miz at the Kimmel center and stayed here overnight. Parked the car in the adjacent garage and never used it for 2 days. Everything- shopping, dining- within walking distance. The theater was directly across the street! Hoel was clean and met our needs. Only thing that kept me from giving 5 stars were the elevators. We were 5 doors away from the elevator yet we could still hear them running up and down all night. Would stay here again for the great location!

Room Tip: Get as far from the elevator as possible.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The location of the hotel is great, right in the heart of things. The facility itself is also very good, for the most part. Nice lobby with bar, nice gym, and the room I had was great.

The elevators were aweful, with very long waits, and erratic service. Frequently heard other guests complianing about very long waits.

The bell staff and cleaning staff were all very good. On the other hand, I had a problem in my room with the TV and it took FOUR calls down to the desk to get someone to come fix it.

They had a basic breakfast buffet, with minimal options and maybe the worst powdered scrambled eggs I have ever had. Inedible.

Management needs to work on some of their rough spots.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Location was SUPER! Staff was amazingly helpful and accommodating. I flew to PA from FL because my son sees a doctor at CHOP. The hotel was only a 15 minute cab ride to the hospital. We were able to walk everywhere - the theaters were right next door and across the street. Rittenhouse Square was a short walk, as was the Reading Terminal Market. We were only in town for 24 hours, but because of the location, we were able to walk to so many places. Very clean rooms, comfortable beds. I couldn't ask for more.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton