Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
$179
$166
Agoda.com
3,630 results
All reviewsbroad streetdouble treegreat locationwarm cookiesthe executive loungecenter cityacademy of musickimmel centercorner roomwithin walking distanceparking garageacross the streetfront desk staffupon checkstreet noisehigh floorfitness center
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We just returned from 3 days at this hotel and had a wonderful experience. My husband was in Philly for a conference and my 4 yo son and I tagged along for a mini vacation. Prior to this trip, I had never stayed in Philadelphia before and wasn't sure about our location. The hotel is on the Broad St "Avenue of the Arts" which is one of the streets that leads directly to the beautiful and iconic city hall. We had a room on the 24th floor and had an amazing view of Broad St where at night there is a light show which my 4 yo loved. The room was very clean and updated, bed was comfortable and accommodated an equally comfortable "cot" that hotel staff promptly delivered when we realized we only had 1 king bed for the 3 of us. All of the staff were friendly and helpful, we especially loved "Big Baby" in the restaurant who was amazing. There are multiple great restaurants and shops within a short walking distance from the hotel. We will definitely stay here the next time we are in Philadelphia.

Room Tip: High floor rooms facing Broad St and the Bellevue Hotel
1  Thank bostontraveler29
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I had a good experience here. We researched all of the options. It was a busy weekend in Philly, so there were no great deals to be had. To save money, I was tempted to stay a little farther away from the heart of Center City (the arts avenue, City Hall, Rittenhouse Square). However, I am glad we didn't. The Doubletree cost a little more than some of the other hotels on the periphery of the downtown, but it was worth it. The room was great and the people at the hotel were very nice.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The DoubleTree is consistently good in food, service, and comfort. It's not quite as deluxe as other nearby center city hotels, but I would choose it every time for the convenience and relative value of the attached parking garage (self-park) and the cost. An easy walk to many Broad Street attractions, and not far at all from Reading Terminal Market as well as two wonderful pizza joints -- Zavino and SLiCE.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tom_Adopye
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel twice in the fall of 2012. The rooms are very nice and new. The location is great, within walking distance of the best restaurants in center city and convenient to Reading Terminal Market. The staff was excellent both times and we enjoyed dinner downstairs and the breakfast buffet was delicious.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed one night. Got in late evening and check in was a real breeze. I had only booked a couple of days before on Doubletree's main reservations line. At that time the only room available was the ADA type, but upon check in was given a non ADA room, 2307. WHAT A VIEW!! quite nice. The room with 2 Queen beds was very clean, spacious, and seemed to be recenlty updated. Everything in the room was in working order. Soft towels, sheets and firm bed. Biggest drawback was the heat did not cycle off and on, which woke me a couple of times. I am only giving this a very good, because of the short stay we didn't get to check out the amenities of the hotel. Parking was $25.00 (for 24hrs) at a garage next door. We were able to leave our vehicle all day even though we had checked out. We walked to our event at UPenn ( a long walk, but it was good weather and exercise is always a plus). Close by retail stores, tons of restaurants. This will definately be our go to hotel for the next 4 years.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view