“Great location to center city restaurants, theaters.”

Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #34 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Would recommend the Doubletree. Great location to theaters and restaurants. Nice lounge and restaurant inside hotel. Rooms are nice - Comfortable. Very friendly staff. Quick checkin. Directly across the street from the Academy of Music and close to Midtown Village restaurants or short walk to Rittenhouse Square restaurants. Nice lounge area. Quick room service and friendly wait staff. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City

Reviewed January 14, 2013

This hotel is on Broad street in Ave of the Arts district. Close to theaters, art schools, biz district. Subway is near. Hotel is typical for brand but staff exceeded my expectations. Fast checkin and they give you warm cookies upon arrival. Double bed x two room, very nice and exceeded my expectations. View was great, design of hotel gives a each room a feeling of floating in the air. We had breakfast overlooking the city. Room was very clean.

Room Tip: Room high up and facing Broad or West,
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bizgirltravels
Reviewed January 14, 2013

From check-in to check-out, the staff was friendly, accommodating, and responsive. Who can be grouchy with warm chocolate chip cookies on arrival?
The location is fabulous. Great shopping in every direction. We attended a performance across the street at the Academy of Music and enjoyed the safety of merely crossing the street late at night.
My only disappointment was aesthetic. The dresser seemed a bit worn.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I had a great stay and can"t wait to return back!!!!! I love this hotel. its one of the best properties in center city. I didn't expect nothing be the the best and that is what this place offers. I rate my overall stay a 10 just next time I'll remember not to park my car on the streets the day before the mummers parade. But this is a great hotel and can't wait to return!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nisaa h
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The only thing that saves this hotel is its great location, and if the staff doesnt know you, the service declines. Overall because Im a repeat guest of 10years, i cant complain to much. Its still my favorite place to stay for now!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Rebekah K, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

We know it’s the little things that make your stay more comfortable (along with our great location). However, we want all of our guests to know that we appreciate their business and our staff works to provide great service to everyone. Thank you for your comments and loyalty. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was there for a conference. They were able to get me checked in early which was great. The room was beautiful. The staff from the front desk, to room service to the doormen were just fantastic. I had room service one night and the bill was $32, but wow the amount of food was awesome. I also ate in the restaurant on the lobby level. The food was good and prices were reasonable, the drinks were a bit pricy but it was a great atmosphere. The Beds were so freaken comfortable. best sleep EVER! As a matter of fact, I told my husband we needed to find out the type of bed cause it was the best. We had our lunches done by the restaurant on the Mezzanine level and the food was rediculously good! I did manage to zap my room key with my cell phone and had to have it re keyed and they didn't make me feel stupid which I was thankful for!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Our group got a special deal on a block of rooms - not sure of the regular price but this was an excellent value. Everything was top-notch. Parking was available in a garage next door but since you're right downtown it's an easy walk to stores, restaurants, and attractions. Check-in was fast and there was a hot, thick cookie with a zillion calories waiting for me. The room was laid out kind of weird - funny angles and interior walls - but it was spacious and comfortable. Furnishings were modern. Everything was clean and up to the highest standards. I will definitely stay again if business brings me back downtown.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business