“A wonderful stay--”

Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #34 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed November 1, 2012

staff extra accommodating, every effort made for guest comfort and service! It could not have been better except for the pool--lodation and cloudy water, and no hot tub. Overall, an outstanding experience--bell staff exceptional!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear nanalovesgrands,
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. It's great that you had such a wonderful stay with us! I hope you come back again and stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Good reliable hotel in a central location. For the price, very good value. Perfectly good breakfast, although the cooked breakfast buffet looked best avoided! Shame the executive room has such limited opening hours. Great Hilton beds.

Dear ooo1047,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. We are thrilled when guests love our location. It really could be one of the best in the city. I hope that during your time here you were able to get out and see some of the attractions close by. Please come back and see us again at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Pretty much the best for Center City and Avenue of the Arts. Great bedding, nice facilities, helpful staff. As always a Hilton property the prices of the various amenities are mapped to some alternate and unfriendly reality, but if you can look beyond that and the slightly older and narrower bones than you might desire for a hotel in this price range, well - it's a very nice place.

Room Tip: Choose one on the Broad Street side
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Dear Paul D,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. We appreciate you stayig with us and hope that you do return sometime toon.
The Management Staff

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Great location - close to museums and historic center. Nice clean room with a lovely view, very comfortable beds and high quality bedding and linens. Good service and warm relaxing pool with a transparent glass roof! We loved to return to our room and enjoyed staying for two nights at this hotel.

Room Tip: Floor 10 or higher, north side has a great view

Dear llena101,
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. Sounds like you had a great stay and enjoyed yourself at the hotel as well as the sites that are close to the hotel.

We do hope that if you travels bring you back to Philadelphia that you will come back and stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed here for the first time this past month and really enjoyed my stay. The room looks like it was updated very recently, and everything was spotless. The view and sunshine from where my room was positioned was very nice; I recommend asking for a high floor. I got an appetizer at the little restaurant on the lobby floor, and it was sub-par. I suggest stopping in there for coffee or a beer only, and venturing out to get food somewhere else. There's a great little sandwich place just around the corner. Overall, service was excellent and the condition of the hotel was much better that some of the other DoubleTrees I've stayed in recently. There is a parking garage directly next door, off Broad St, where you can self-park. Bring the ticket inside and they'll link the parking garage charge to your hotel stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
OfficeoftheGM, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear DC traveler0009,
Thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. It's great to know that you had such a wonderful stay! We work very hard to ensure that our guests have a clean and comfortable stay and it's great to know that our hard work has paid off. I hope this is not your last stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed here over night for a wedding that was held down the street from the hotel. The room was very nice and very clean. It had a very RETRO atmosphere. We both loved the view from our window, which was on the 12th floor and was located on the Ave. of the Arts. The staff was also very friendly. However, the only disappointing thing was we never received our complimentary cookies. lol

Dear Charlotte T,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us at teh Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. It's great that you had such a great stay and I hope you had enjoyed the wedding you were attending. Ihope that if you should need to stay in Philadelphia again that you will choose to stay with us again at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I reserved an Executive Floor room w/ a view for an entire week for my family of four since we were moving my daughter into a college nearby- staying on this level offers you free breakfast (ONLY from Monday-Thursday) as we found out during, not before, our stay.
I reserved in advance b/c Hilton was offering a discount for 'advance purchases' on rooms.- PREPAID in full.
Well, when we got to our room, we were down-graded to a regular room with the view of the top of a roof. I called down to the front desk immediately, but they would not put us in the room that I had paid for 2+ months in advance! She told me that I only booked a regular room. Fortunately, I had my original receipt after making the payment online that proved an Executive Level Room. I requested the manager immediately and he said there were no rooms available on the Exexcutive Level. I was livid b/c we were staying for 1 week and were counting on the extra space & breakfast. The manager kept telling us they could move us onto the executive floor the following day.
They did not.
I kept calling down to the front desk & stopping by the front desk & they NEVER got us into the room that I paid for. So, the manager & the front desk staff will lie to you to appease the situation for the moment and get you out of line (where there is always a wait).
BEWARE!!!
What a scam!
I will never stay at a Hilton Hotel again and just b/c you are Hilton Honors Member - it means nothing! I have since canceled my Hilton Honors Membership as well.

PS. I contacted the Hilton Customer Service number immediately after entering the room & the communications with the front desk - they were not helpful at all. I contacted them many more times during the stay and thereafter and they continued to be unhelpful. I am convinced the representatives are only there to answer phones and no more.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank ServiceRater_11

Dear ServiceRater_11,
Thank you for taking to time to post comments about your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. I am very sorry for the unfortunate events that had occured while you were staying with us. I can only wish we had handled it differently while you were her to try to make you a happy guest. I hope your daughter is all moved into college and perhaps should be out to visit her over the next few years you will consider staying with us again at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.