“Great Hotel in a Fantastic Location!”

Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #34 of 89 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed January 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel over New Year's weekend and we really enjoyed it. It's Broad St. location is perfect, as Rittenhouse Square, Macy's, and the City Hall area are all within close walking distance. We are hhonors members and we used points to pay for one night of our stay and where even given a free breakfast buffet at the hotel. We were given a corner room, which was pretty big, and very quiet. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are farthest from the elevator and very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Laura W
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

Dear ljerpi,
I appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. I am sure you had a great time here celebrating New Year's Weekend. This is really the hotel to be at-right in the middle of everything.

Thank you for being a loyal HHonors Member! You have done a lot fo traveling to rack up those points! I am glad that you were able to get an upgrade!

We hope that you come back and see us again at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City!

Bill Fitzgerald

Write a ReviewReviews (3,562)

Reviewed January 20, 2012

Great hotel. Staff was freindly and welcoming, rooms were clean and located right near all the attractions. The sauna and pool were open till 11 which was lovely after a day of walking around!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank giabee

Dear giabee,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. Glad to hear you had a great stay with us and were able to relax after a long day of sight seeing.

Hope to see you again soon at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

This hotel is all about the location. It is perfectly located in center city. Within walking distance of many, many good things. It also sits on Broad St, with the Broad St subway line right out front practically. The hotel itself is nice. Friendly staff. Clean, comfortable rooms, some with nice views. One of my favorite places to stay in center city.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2012

Dear armpitt212,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

I am glad that you had such a great stay with us and I look forward to having you as our guest at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City again soon!

Reviewed January 17, 2012

The room was really nice and spacious. Over all the staff were friendly and helpful. The bed was really comfortable and I felt very relaxed in the room. It was a great location with a lot of really great restaurants and attractions within walking distance. The only downsides were that internet service is not included with the room. Internet costs an extra $10 a day. The only staff person that wasn't exceptionally great was my waitress for breakfast. She quickly recommended that I eat from the buffet and then made herself scarce until I gave up on ordering from the menu and went to the buffet. She sure seemed like she didn't wish to be bothered with taking orders and serving food.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

I'm from Philadelphia, so don't have much occasion to stay at hotels in the city. For Christmas my wife gave us a "night on the town" in Philly based around an excellent price at the Doubletree for one night (my value rating largely reflects an overnight price of one-hundred dollars). First of all, the location is great. That's definitely the biggest selling point. Philadelphia is a great walking city, and the Doubletree puts you in the middle of everything. The historic area is nine blocks or so, the Avenue of the Arts is right outside your front door, a plethora of good restaurants surround the hotel, etc. There's even easy access to the SEPTA subway right outside.

What we liked:
> Location
> Room furnishings were high quality, and bedding was very comfortable
> Room was very clean
> Great view from the 22nd floor
> Convenient attached parking garage, while not cheap (~$25 overnight) was comparably priced to others in the area... beware, though, the garage is very tight to navigate if you have a larger vehicle

Could improve:
> No huge issues on this visit, but some "could be improved" things...
> Front desk staff was unaware of a special offer that we had been e-mailed as part of our reservation for an as-available upgrade to a executive room with breakfast. Unfortunately, we didn't bring a printout of the e-mail, so we didn't push it (even though we saw we were right when we got home)
> Even though we were on the 22nd floor, we still got the occasional "city noise" wafting up to us through the single-glazed windows that could be more soundproof. If we were on a lower floor I'm sure it would have been much louder.
> A fair amount of noise from the hallway; why can't hotels make their hallway doors more soundproof? I don't get it.

As others have noted, for some reason elevator noise can be high in this hotel. Even though we were well down from the elevator, I could still hear it "whirring" in the middle of the night. I can't imagine how loud it would be if you were right there. There is actually a hotel room on each floor right in the elevator lobby between the elevator banks (I think it's #xx10). Avoid that at all costs!

Overall: A decent hotel, good location, and generally pleasant staff. I wasn't wowed by it, though. But, of course I liked my cookie upon check-in!

Some hints: if you don't want to spring big $$ for the hotel breakfast, there's an IHOP very close by, as well as Starbucks and other food purveyors.

Room Tip: Stay as far away from the elevators as possible! They are quite noisy, even down the hall.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2012

Dear BirWas,
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. It is always fun to get away for a night even if it is to the city that you live in. It gives such a different perspectve! It's also nice to be a guest.

It sounds like you had a great time in the city and our location was perfect for everything that you wanted to do during your stay.

My hopes are if you need to sneak away again in your hometown that you choose to stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

I think the staff at this hotel is what makes it such a nice place to stay. But the location is the GEM. We walked all over the area and had some good affordable meals in the hotel and the surrounding area. I would stay here again in the future. This trip was for a Board Meeting and the hotel was just right for that purpose too.

Room Tip: The obvious tip is to be ask for a room that is not near the elevators, ice machines or soda machine...

Dear NJGardenGirl,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.
I am thrilled that you have TWO reasons to stay with us and that one of them is our Staff. We would like to think that we have the best staff in the city and the training we give them is second to none. Our location is also key! You can find just about anything you want within a few walking blocks.

My hopes are that if you come back to Philadelphia that you will choose to stay with us again at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

**HHonors Diamond**

Stayed here for only one night this week. The hotel was fairly standard Doubletree. They did have a variety of dining options from the bar/restaurant downstairs to the Balcony restaurant upstairs. The staff stood out, from the nice doorman/bellhop who seemed offended when I tried to carry my bags, to the Front Desk Associate who gave me tips on how to maximize my MyWay points. Well done, sir.

There was a Business Lounge on my floor, but wasn't sure if that was an actual lounge or simply a business center for elites. The location was right on Broad St. a few blocks from City Hall. Can't beat it.

On the downside, I was placed right next to the elevators, which I normally enjoy but you could hear them going up and down all night. Also, the TV seems overly complicated and it took me about 5 minutes to figure out how to get to the regular TV channels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view and not near the elevators.
1  Thank GCC14173

Dear GCCC14173,
Thank you for posting your reveiw of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff made you feel welcome and asssited you throughout your stay. I will be sure to compliment my Front Desk Staff on their great service.
We do have an Executive Lounge. We offer light breakfast and snacks in the evening, but it is available throughout the day. It does offer some Business Center services.
Again, thank you for taking the time to post a review and we hope to see you again at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.