“Nice location in downtown Philadelphia.”

Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #33 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
New Jersey
“Nice location in downtown Philadelphia.”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We stayed here for 1 night in order to attend a family function. The hotel is in a great location in the arts area. There are numerous fine restaurants in walking distance. While this wasn't our purpose this hotel is well located for sightseeing and enjoying the city's culture.

Service was very good but the room was a little tight. I suppose a samll room is to be expected in a city hotel.

Our room included the breakfast buffet which had some cooked foods and the usual array of fresh fruit bread and juices.

The attached parking garage was convenient and reasonably priced for hotel guests. Public transportation is nearby if you don't want to drive around.

• Stayed August 2011
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Dear RoyU,
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. I hope that you had an enjoyable time with your family.

Like you had mentioned we are very centrally located and close to many restaurants, shops and attractions.

Thank you for mentioning our breakfast-we had recently made some changes and it is nice to get some feedback.

I hope that if you are ever returning to Philadelphia that you will consider staying with us again at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Bill Fitzgerald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Los Angeles
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Stayed here one night recently on an awards stay. I am a Hilton Diamond member. The hotel is very centrally located and ok overall; however the front desk staff was less than helpful. I checked in late in the evening and the desk staff had a difficult time finding me an appropriate room for a family of four. The first room was a king that was so tiny it was impossible for a rollaway to fit. The next room they sent us to had a leaky ceiling in the bathroom. You can imagine my frustration at this point. The third room finally was ok but I was upset when the front desk asked a bellman to call me to give me my new room number. The front desk was apologetic and sent a bottle of wine but I dont drink and I am with two young children. The front desk staff did not seem to know how to handle the the entire situation.

However, when I complained to the Asst. General Manager, he quickly apologized and agreed the whole scenario was not handled properly and promptly refunded my HHonors points back to my account and picked up the tab for our room service dinner. This was excellent customer service.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear mtufeck,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.
I will be sure to address your concerns with our Front Desk Director. This is a scenario that should have been handled much differently. Although, your stay with us had it's highs and lows I am thankful that our Assistant General Manager was able to make some of it right for you.
I hope that if your travels to ever bring you back to Philadelphia you will consider staying with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Phildelphia Center City.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Just finished a Girls Weekend here and we loved it! There is absolutly nothing to complain about. Valet/Bell took immediate care of car & luggage. Front desk was pleasant and we were able to check in 3 hours early on a Friday! Cookies warm & yummy! Part of our party arrived the next morning and she had no problem getting her key from front desk, (thanks for front desk attendent asking to put her name on reservation) Whisked up in quick elevator to lovely room with comfy beds. View was towards South Philly, not the "preferable" side, but can't complain about such a minor thing. We did not come to Philly to look out a window. We did need a frig for the wine/beer we brought from home. Quick call to CareLine and one was delivered within 20 minutes, it was only $10 for the weekend. Worth the cost compared to savings of buying a couple of rounds at a bar.
Free coffee in room was nice touch. We never ate at the restaurants, but enjoyed drinks at the lobby bar. Hank was a great bartender, even deftly handling an inebriated guest next to us. Hot tub was nice and hot but the other guest allowing their toddlers to come in was a little bit of a downer, but not the hotels fault. On check out day we had brunch reservations around the block at Max Brenner's(great chocolate!). Since we were not sure how long that would take, we again called the CareLine to inquire about a possible late check-out. Again, no problem for the hotel to handle. I think they should install an "Easy Button" in the room!!!!! We commented to ourselves at how friendly everyone is here. The added bonus of the hotel being in a great central location really made this one of the best Girls Weekend! Thank you Doubletree!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Dear 33kk,
I appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your recent girls weekend at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. It sounds like everything went so smoothly! That is great.

There's nothing better than reading about a wonderful, problem free stay had by guests. It seems as though your whole stay worked like clockwork.

I hope next time you are going to do a girls weekend in Philadelphia that you will consider staying with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Austin
Reviewed August 15, 2011

The DoubleTree City Center in Philadelphia, PA is a very nice facility.
The check in we very quick and painless.
I was there for a conference meeting and the facilities for the conference were simple and well done.
I ate or had drinks in the "O" restaurant several times and the service was very good and the food good. I really like their tomato soup.
The room was clean, the beds excellent and the view very nice looking down onto Broad Street. The angled window allowing me to look out was nice.
The location was good as following the conference at the Doubletree, I attended a conference at the PA Convention Center only a few blocks away.
I will stay again if given the chance.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dear NicklasPavelV,
Thank you for taking the time to write a recent review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.
I gather that you had enjoyed yourself during the conference and the time that you had spent here at the hotel. I will be sure to share with the employees your kind words regarding our restaurant, kitchen and front desk.

I hope you do get to come back and see us again at the Doubletree by Hilton Center City.

Maryland
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed at the Doubletree in Philly overnight while visiting family. It was well located, the staff was amazingly friendly and helpful, they had a great happy hour in the lobby bar the Friday night we arrived. Our room was spacious and pretty and quiet. The price was great, the breakfast was delicious and the staff in the restaurant was again wonderful and kind. We also loved the small gym, it was clean and well equipped. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank chayared
Dear chayared,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. I am very glad that you had such a good stay and hope that you had enjoyed your time with your family.

If you are ever back in Philadelphia my hopes are that your choose to come back and see us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed August 10, 2011

great stay and very helpful staff. It was close to everything so we walked everywhere.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank rubin s
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Dear rubin s,
Thank you for posting comments about your wonderful stay you had with us!

Next time you are in Philadelphia I hope that you choose to come back and stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Yes. My husband needed a long vacation. He slept like a baby until late in the day. The beds are so comfortable- beyond belief.
I'm used to package deals with breakfast included- all you can eat type breakfasts that stuff you to the gills and fatten you up so your not fit to do heavy touring. This time the package deal didn't include breakfast, thank goodness. We wouldn't have used it anyway, or we would have felt obligated to get up early not to "waste" it... The coffee service in the room when we finally did wake up was superior to any hotel I've been to (my husband made the coffee). Tasty. We saved loads of money using the delicious chocolate chip cookies as our "dessert". The consierge was superior with very detailed help on transportation and restaurants etc. She gave us a detailed list of restaurants and advised us on the closest ones. We were three so Boca de Beppe was perfect for us. It is a must for those who like Italian food atmosphere and very reasonable prices and delicious food..
We finally did eat at the hotel restaurant and were surprised that it was not overpriced. It was also delicious and not stingy.
The hotel itself is very clean and modern. The rooms are spacious and nicely designed. The staff is excellent helpful efficient and friendly. Philadelphia has alot to offer visitors, by the way. Great baseball team. Friendly people. Very helpful.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family