“Very Nice Place, interesting city” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City

Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #34 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Austin
“Very Nice Place, interesting city”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

The DoubleTree City Center in Philadelphia, PA is a very nice facility.
The check in we very quick and painless.
I was there for a conference meeting and the facilities for the conference were simple and well done.
I ate or had drinks in the "O" restaurant several times and the service was very good and the food good. I really like their tomato soup.
The room was clean, the beds excellent and the view very nice looking down onto Broad Street. The angled window allowing me to look out was nice.
The location was good as following the conference at the Doubletree, I attended a conference at the PA Convention Center only a few blocks away.
I will stay again if given the chance.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Dear NicklasPavelV,
Thank you for taking the time to write a recent review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.
I gather that you had enjoyed yourself during the conference and the time that you had spent here at the hotel. I will be sure to share with the employees your kind words regarding our restaurant, kitchen and front desk.

I hope you do get to come back and see us again at the Doubletree by Hilton Center City.

Bill Fitzgerald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (524)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed at the Doubletree in Philly overnight while visiting family. It was well located, the staff was amazingly friendly and helpful, they had a great happy hour in the lobby bar the Friday night we arrived. Our room was spacious and pretty and quiet. The price was great, the breakfast was delicious and the staff in the restaurant was again wonderful and kind. We also loved the small gym, it was clean and well equipped. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank chayared
Dear chayared,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. I am very glad that you had such a good stay and hope that you had enjoyed your time with your family.

If you are ever back in Philadelphia my hopes are that your choose to come back and see us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

great stay and very helpful staff. It was close to everything so we walked everywhere.

1 Thank rubin s
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Dear rubin s,
Thank you for posting comments about your wonderful stay you had with us!

Next time you are in Philadelphia I hope that you choose to come back and stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

Yes. My husband needed a long vacation. He slept like a baby until late in the day. The beds are so comfortable- beyond belief.
I'm used to package deals with breakfast included- all you can eat type breakfasts that stuff you to the gills and fatten you up so your not fit to do heavy touring. This time the package deal didn't include breakfast, thank goodness. We wouldn't have used it anyway, or we would have felt obligated to get up early not to "waste" it... The coffee service in the room when we finally did wake up was superior to any hotel I've been to (my husband made the coffee). Tasty. We saved loads of money using the delicious chocolate chip cookies as our "dessert". The consierge was superior with very detailed help on transportation and restaurants etc. She gave us a detailed list of restaurants and advised us on the closest ones. We were three so Boca de Beppe was perfect for us. It is a must for those who like Italian food atmosphere and very reasonable prices and delicious food..
We finally did eat at the hotel restaurant and were surprised that it was not overpriced. It was also delicious and not stingy.
The hotel itself is very clean and modern. The rooms are spacious and nicely designed. The staff is excellent helpful efficient and friendly. Philadelphia has alot to offer visitors, by the way. Great baseball team. Friendly people. Very helpful.

Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

I cannot begin to say enoughgood things about this hotel. The staff was better trained, more attentive by far than the Waldorf Astoria staff in NYC and their staff it top notch. The decor is great, the food was terrific and our rooms couldn't have been cleaner,nicer or more comfortable. What really made this hotel head and shoulders above the rest was the staff. The Doormen and Bellmen went above and beyond to be of service, kind to my husband who fell, and the total staff from housekeeping to wait staff to front desk were the best trained staff I have ever had the pleasure to encounter. I am a professional event planner with over 30 years of experience so I think I know good staff from bad. You can't go wrong with this hotel.

Room Tip: Book this hotel early for the best deals
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Dear Malstark,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelpia Center City.

Reading reviews like this makes me so proud of all my employees! We strive for the consistency in service you had experienced. I will be sure to share with everyone that they had made your stay as special as it was.

I hope that when you do come back to Philadelphia that you chose to stay with us again at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Boise
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

I am in the hotel business as an Area Director of Sales and can be very critical of hotels. The service we received at this hotel was outstanding! Every Associate we encountered was pleasant and genuine. Our server for breakfast- Rasheed (sorry if spelled wrong) was amazing! My first thought when we met him was that I wished he worked for one of my hotels! He has a wonderful attitude, is very genuine and remembers guests.
The hotel is in a great location and the rooms are very quiet. We had requested a high floor in a quiet area and were very pleased to find out that is what we got. Sometimes as a person in the industry, you get put in the less desirable rooms.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Philly. It is close to everything and the service was excellent!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IdahoSuninFun
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

We only stayed 1 night, but we had no complaints. The staff was very helpful with parking and getting luggage up, as well as breakfast the next morning, which was a huge buffet in a spacious mezzanine. The room was understandably small, but the price was right for the location, which is walking distance to the historic center. We'd definitely stay there again.

Dear SilverPlane,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. I know you have many choices and it's wonderful to hear that you had chosen us and will do so in the future. I will be sure to share with my staff your kind works regarding their helpfulness and you overall pleasant stay with us.
I hope that if your travels bring you back to Philadelphia that your will choose the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.