We stayed here for 5 days on a trip home from New Zealand (we used to live in Philly). The Doubletree has had some really bad reviews on this site so I have to admit I was dreading it a bit and expecting it to be "a cheap place to sleep". But we experienced nothing but politeness, eagerness to help, and clean rooms.
It's perfect for travelers staying for a few days, tourists, and families. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for a honeymoon or romantic stay.
Here are my two complaints:
- they should eliminate the rooms positioned next to the elevators. You feel like you're IN the elevator shaft. It's a horrible location.
- the climate control is the typical dry, forced air that most hotels have. Would've been nice to open a window, but I don't think the building was designed for that.
Here are our compliments:
- On our first day we had a really good breakfast in the hotel - excellent, friendly service and decent prices. A few nights later we had drinks in the lobby and the bartender was really accommodating of a friend's request for a White Russian (they had to go and get milk).
- Free wifi!
- Our room was clean, quiet, and had good toiletries. The bed was comfortable, the pillows could be a little firmer. Flatscreen TV, modern dresser, nice armchair and ottoman. - The Wolfgang Puck coffee was surprisingly good - it would've been nice if they gave you more than just 3 sachets in case you want a second cup, but that's a teeny gripe!
- I didn't go to the pool but my husband did and said it was okay - nothing amazing but totally fine.
- The hotel is located on Broad St right in the middle of the city. We were walking distance to everything! It's a perfect location and our knowledge of the city confirms this -- we struggled to think of a hotel that has a better location. We walked to South Philly, up to Rittenhouse Square, over to Old City. We went shopping on Walnut St, had drinks at the neighborhood restaurants like El Vez and Vintage, wandered up the Avenue of the Arts to neighboring hotels like The Ritz Carlton and Park Hyatt... It was perfect.
- We left Philly for a few days then returned for one last night and stayed at the same hotel - they put us in one of the dreaded rooms next to the elevator. We called down to the front desk and they switched us IMMEDIATELY and without any hassle. The room they put us in was fabulous - it had a sofa, chair, lots of room for our huge suitcases, and more of that great coffee!
The prices were totally reasonable. If we're ever in Philly again we'll be staying here!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City Hotel Philadelphia
- Doubletree Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Doubletree
- Double Tree Hotel In Philadelphia