“Great location”

Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #34 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed May 27, 2011

Great base from which to explore Philadelphia - everything in walking distance. especially close to the gay neighbourhood.

Decent rooms, beds comfortable. Breakfast a bit disappointing - have to pay extra to have hot breakfast with voucher for continental.

Bar area smallish.

• Stayed: May 2011
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2011

Dear ryanbruce,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I can tell that you took full advantage of our location by getting out and seeing some of what Philadelphia has to offer. Our location is perfect for that.

I was sorry to read that you found breakfast disappointing. We have recently made some upgrades to the service and the offerings. I hope next time you find it more to your liking.

I hope to see you again sometime soon at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Reviewed May 19, 2011

I travel to this hotel every 10 weeks for business. This is my 'go to' Phili hotel.

The Good:
-Prompt, delicious room service
-Great location near numerous restaurants and theaters
-Good Amenities/fixtures and furniture
-Beautiful views
-Nice television

The Mediocre:
-Wireless Internet (you may need to pay for it and the quality is so-so)
-There always seems to be a line for check in/check out and there's no designated HHonors line

The Bad:
-Room size is is normal for NYC standards. I'd expect them to be a little more spacious in Phili
-I received poor service at the Standing O restaurant in the lobby.
-As a HHonors diamond member, I usually receive a room upgrade at about 50% of my stays at doubletrees in busier markets, but after staying at this hotel no less than 10 times, I have never received an upgrade. This make me suspect that staff as not as diligent in ensuring HHonors member get room upgrades.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Dear RingOrosie,
Thank you for taking the time to post of review of your recent stays here with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. I have to say I really do appreciate the way you spelled out your review. It was very clear and to the point.

The Good: Thank you for your comment on Room Service-that is something that we have been trying to improve upon and it seems to be working! I will be sure to let those employees know that their hard work is not going unnoticed.

The Mediocre: We have recently changed our wireless service and yes we are still trying to work the kinks out. Hopefully, for your next stay all things will be running more smooth. We do actually have a designated HHonors line along with a specific agent to assist those guests that are HHonors members. Next time at check-in-look for the sign in front of that agent to assist you.

The Bad:The topic of upgrading our most frequest guests is something that is on the forefront of both myself and our Director of Front Desk. We have recently been trying to upgrade as many of our Hhonors guests as possible.

We do hope that you will come back and visit us soon at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Reviewed May 3, 2011

At first they put me in a room facing the noisy main street, tho' I'd asked to be in a tranquil section. Even though the place was sold out, a really nice young man named Donnie went out of his way to switch me to another room. The place needs a facelift, and it is a little too pricey, but it was a pleasant stay all in all, and I do recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2011

Dear chrisman48,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. I will be sure to let Donnie know that he had made the difference in your stay. We do have some future renovation plans in the works and I hope that when you return to stay with us you will get to experience some of those.

We hope that when you do return to Philadelphia that you choose to stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Reviewed April 30, 2011

I wanted to say that we had the best time ever when we stayed at the Doubletree Hotel. The location is great! There are so many restaurants to eat at that would fit any budget. I also wanted to take an oppertunity and mention some of the individuals that made our stay unforgettable. There was a Gerald Morris from engineering that went out of his way to fix a minor problem with our room. He stayed there until the minor issue was resolved and would not accept any type of tip we offered to say thank you… all he said was it would make him happy if we enjoy our stay. I was truly humbled by his response to me. We also had the pleasure of being greeted by Osmond’s smile he always had a recommendation of a restaurant or directions on how to get where we were going. Then there was also a Lewis that also ensured we had what ever we needed. Stan from food and beverage was also such a pleasure to deal with. Everyone at this hotel was very kind and helpful during our entire stay. I would truly recommend this hotel to anyone. They truly give you a five star experience.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2011

Dear BermiMom,
Thank you for taking the time to post such a warm response about your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. I was delighted to see that you had such a positivte experience with so many of our employees. I will be sure that each of them are recognized for their efforts. It means so much to them when a guest does remember them. It shows that their job is not going unnoticed. I also like to know that they are going out of their way to make guests feel welcome and tending to their needs.

We hope that when you return to Philadelphia that you come back to see us again at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Reviewed April 17, 2011

We took the train in from Bucks to go to the Flyers last home game and used my partner's Honors points. We were thrilled to find out the station dropped us right next to the hotel. Super convenient!! We didn't have to wait to be checked in since we used the Honors line, and found our corner room to be nice. It was modern and clean. We then hit the streets to do some shopping and drinking before the game. We had a blast pre-game at Perch's pub right across the street then jumped on the subway to the game right outside the bar door. Couldn't of been easier!!! Our only complaint is the noise...doors slamming and people yelling at God knows what hour were a pain...even though the hotel has posted it's quiet hours.....it was a bit annoying. The next morning was OK but we had to wait forever for the elevators, they are slow and a bit older, and when everyone in the convention left together for breakfast they got a little jammed up. The bathroom is VERY average, and could stand some deep cleaning..the ceiling was already peeling...not sure what kind of renovations were done, but they missed some details...was a bit disappointed, however the concierge was fabulous and very helpful. We stay in a lot of hotels, and felt the accommodations were average but the service was definitely above par!! We'll be back due to the location and the service but hope they pay a bit more attention to the details that could make the hotel outstanding.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room..great views and more room!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2011

Dear kristyroot,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Center City.
It seems like you had a really fun trip into the city for the game! Our location is so great for heading down to the Sports Complex. I'm sorry that you had some trouble with the noise at the hotel, as you did see we do post our quiet hours and do our best to keep the noise level at a minimal.

I am going to take your observations regarding your room and have them addressed. As well as sharing with my staff the outstanding service you recieved.

My hopes are that when you stay in Philadelphia again that you choose to stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Phildelphia Center City.

Bil Fitzgerald

Reviewed April 16, 2011

Great hotel in the centre of Philly. Rooms are large and spacious. Tea & coffee making facilities, lovely comfortable beds. Swimming pool, spa & sauna, gym available to guests. Breakfast is also included.

Couldn't ask more from a hotel. No safe in the room but the reception do have safe boxes that are available to their guests.

Second time I've stayed at a Doubletree and have not been disappointed. Would definitely recommend this to anyone staying in Philly.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends

Dear KentTraveller1,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubeltree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

It seems as though you were able to take advantage of most of the what the hotel has to offer. For you next stay our new restaurant, Balcony, will be open on the the second floor for dinner. You will have to come by.

We hope to see you soon for your next trip to Philadelphia.

Reviewed April 12, 2011

While the lobby and restaurant of this hotel are fine, the rooms leave a lot to be desired. I was in a room at the end of the hall and expected it to be relatively quiet. Was I in for a rude surprise! Because of the architecture of the building, I didn't have just one connecting room but two! As a result, I could hear EVERYTHING that went on in the two rooms next to me. In addition, a bad remodeling job has left a 1.5" gap at the bottom of the room door which means that all the noise in the hall effortlessly makes its way into your room. So in addition to the sounds of sex from my neighbors, I got to hear slamming doors all night as well as the drunken revelry of my fellow floor mates.

If that weren't bad enough, when I checked into the room their were large cookie crumbs under the desk. I mentioned this to the desk and expected it to be vacuumed up the next day by I was mistaken. It wasn't until the 3rd day of my stay that they actually vacuumed the room.

There are plenty of other good hotels in Center City; don't stay here.

Room Tip: Go someplace else
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Frank C

Dear Travelin VC,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. I was very sorry to have read about your unpleasant stay. I'm sure that it must have been very disappointing to have been disturbed throughout your stay. Our goal is to ensure that all guests get a comfortable night sleep. I will forward on your review to others in my management team in hopes that we can create a more pleasant evironment for your next stay.