“Great hotel! Would return to this hotel.”

Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #34 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Great hotel in the centre of Philly. Rooms are large and spacious. Tea & coffee making facilities, lovely comfortable beds. Swimming pool, spa & sauna, gym available to guests. Breakfast is also included.

Couldn't ask more from a hotel. No safe in the room but the reception do have safe boxes that are available to their guests.

Second time I've stayed at a Doubletree and have not been disappointed. Would definitely recommend this to anyone staying in Philly.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2011

Dear KentTraveller1,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubeltree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

It seems as though you were able to take advantage of most of the what the hotel has to offer. For you next stay our new restaurant, Balcony, will be open on the the second floor for dinner. You will have to come by.

We hope to see you soon for your next trip to Philadelphia.

Reviewed April 12, 2011

While the lobby and restaurant of this hotel are fine, the rooms leave a lot to be desired. I was in a room at the end of the hall and expected it to be relatively quiet. Was I in for a rude surprise! Because of the architecture of the building, I didn't have just one connecting room but two! As a result, I could hear EVERYTHING that went on in the two rooms next to me. In addition, a bad remodeling job has left a 1.5" gap at the bottom of the room door which means that all the noise in the hall effortlessly makes its way into your room. So in addition to the sounds of sex from my neighbors, I got to hear slamming doors all night as well as the drunken revelry of my fellow floor mates.

If that weren't bad enough, when I checked into the room their were large cookie crumbs under the desk. I mentioned this to the desk and expected it to be vacuumed up the next day by I was mistaken. It wasn't until the 3rd day of my stay that they actually vacuumed the room.

There are plenty of other good hotels in Center City; don't stay here.

Room Tip: Go someplace else
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Frank C

Dear Travelin VC,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. I was very sorry to have read about your unpleasant stay. I'm sure that it must have been very disappointing to have been disturbed throughout your stay. Our goal is to ensure that all guests get a comfortable night sleep. I will forward on your review to others in my management team in hopes that we can create a more pleasant evironment for your next stay.

Reviewed April 11, 2011

I travel for work and spend over 30 weeks a year in hotels across the country!I reserved rooms at the Marriott and had to cancel.Writing this review sitting in a Holiday Inn.
When I travel for fun I expect the best on all levels! I was not disappointed at all!!The service from the staff was the nicest I have ever had in the philly area!The rooms are very nice and up to date flat screen tvs etc.I decided to eat at the hotel for diner before the show.My wife and I had great meals! I had prime rib and used my fork to cut it.Before this stay my favorite hotel in the area was the Hyatt at penns landing.I will not be returning!!My new favorite is the Doubletree !!!The staff ,rooms food etc all top of the line!!Will be back!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2011

Dear JISENHEAT,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. I'm thrilled that we have won your heart and can't wait to welcome you back! Just by your note I can see that you really do a lot of traveling! It's great that we were able to give you a home away from home and it was for 'travel for fun' they really are always the best!

We truly do strive to have our staff make you feel welcome and provide service level that exceeds expectations!

Since you will be staying with us more frequently you should become a member of HHonors. It will allow you to recieve points for future stays and many other benefits.

We look forward to seeing you again for business or pleasure.

Reviewed April 9, 2011

The remarkables just kept on piling up in this hotel. 25 minutes to check in at midnight, in the middle of the extremely loud noise of cleaning crews. The "famous" cookies were not offered. The key did not work. The next 2 days, the concierge could not be found, and there was no information available on any Philadelphia events that week-end. Folks in the room next to us wee partying at 1 am. Called the font desk and was put on hold for 10 minutes before I gave up. Last time I stay at this property, for sure. Shame, the rooms are decent and the location very good. Just not worth the hassle.

Room Tip: Mind the noise from the street - very loud.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PinguHouston
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2011

Dear PinguHouston,
Thank you for taking the time to post a reveiw of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

I am very sorry to have read about your disappointing stay with us. I will be sure to take your remarks to the appropriate managers. This is not the service level one should expect under any circumstances.

Again, thank you for your time for posting your review of your stay.

Reviewed April 8, 2011

Over the years I have stayed in many fine hotels worldwide. Today I had an experience that was astonishing. I had checked out of my room in the early morning and went to the EF meeting room. Suddenly it occurred to me that I had forgotten to pack five vital files that I had been reading in an easy chair in my room. I went to the front desk and they gave me a new card to go to my unoccupied room. Nothing. I spoke with the maid--no recollection.

I again went to the front desk. The attendant called the housekeeper, Kathy Martinelli. She listened attentively and then went up to the room and spoke with the maid. Nothing. When she returned, she said that these files might have been thrown out in the trash. Sensing my anguish, she then offered to go through the trash to search for these files. When I offered to conduct the search, Kathy said that violated hotel rules. Kathy got some gloves and disappeared. Within ten minutes Kathy returned with my files.

EXTRAORDINARY!Ninety-nine out of 100 times a housekeeper, after checking with the room and the maid, would have done nothing more. Instead, Kathy initiated a messy and smelly search of the trash on the chance that my files had been discarded.

Kathy would accept no compensation for her magnificent performance. I applaud both Kathy and the Doubletree manager for going to such extraordinary lengths to accommodate a customer. I also am extremely grateful to the front desk clerks who graciously facilitated this entire process.

Whenever I'm in Philadelphia I will stay at the Doubletree Hotel and will recommend it to anyone who visits the city of Ben Franklin.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

Dear Phillytraveler_11,
That sounds like a close one! I'm sure you were thrilled when Kathy, our Director of Housekeeping, appeared with your files. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Bill Fitzgeralad

Reviewed March 25, 2011

We were lucky to get the weekend rate that included breakfast each morning, and were surprised to find that the train station let us out right outside the front door of the hotel - the location couldn't have been better! Plus, with some distance between us and the convention center area, the hotel was quiet and much more personable.

Lobby decor was reminiscent of the 60s with orange and pink rings in the carpet echoed by the furniture, accompanied by a funky chandelier that changed colors. But it was vintage! And the concierge located in the lobby was tremendously helpful when we asked about how the St. Patrick's Day parade would affect the bus routes. She called SEPTA directly!

Although our room wasn't available, we still got our warm nut and chocolate chip cookies. In fact, we asked for some every night to enjoy as dessert. Because every room on the Broad Street side of the hotel had a corner window, we enjoyed two-way views. Plus, thanks to Hilton Honors, we were upgraded to an Honors floor (the top). After 9 pm, it was quiet even with the ventilation turned off. The bed was a bit lumpy and seemed to be an older model, judging from the fact that the frame was on wheels, and not on a solid foundation as in newer hotel beds.

The breakfast buffet in the Academy Cafe on the second floor was more than ample. We could go until dinner time with a small snack. Wait staff were very friendly, and the Sunday morning made-to-omelets were great! Plus, they had soy milk for those who are lactose intolerant.

The fitness center featured Precor equipment, and the temp was a bit hot, probably due to having the hot tub and swimming pool next door. Only challenge was getting the sanitizing wipes out of the container in one piece.

The business center was small but adequately furnished. We were able to check e-mail as well as print out boarding passes for free.

Back to the location. You can walk or take mass transit to practically anywhere. We walked back from the Philadelphia Museum of Art as well as from Yards Brewery - albeit both of them were long, leisurely walks. And we took the bus to several locations as well - with the routes going either from the hotel's front door bus stop or just a few blocks away.

All in all, it was a wonderful stay!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ccsantos
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2011

Dear ccantos,
Thank you for taking the time to post such a well thought out review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

The chandelier has been the final jewel in the crown of a renovation that spanned over three years. It was only completed two weeks ago! The changing of the colors is most effective at night. I love that we can change it to the colors of the season-Green for St Patty's Day or for an Eagles game.

Yes the cookie at check-in, did you know we are the only Doubletree that still makes theirs from scratch? It's a labor of love when you have over 400 rooms! The cookie is something we take very seriously here. It's almost funny to think of a cookie as serious, but that is one SERIOUS cookie!

I understand you utilized most of what our hotel offers and were very pleased. Especially with our location-you really can walk to most attractions in the city.

I hope that when you travels bring you back to Philadelphia you choose to stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Reviewed March 22, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed the weekend at this hotel a few weeks ago and we had a wonderful experience. We arrived early Friday evening and Libby checked us in at the front desk with a smile and warm cookies... Yum!!! We went to Philly to do the basic tourist stuff. We set up a pick up at our hotel for Saturday morning from a Double Deck tour bus - at NO CHARGE to us - SWEEEET!!!!! And had an amazing day/weekend. This hotel was is located in Downtown Philly and very close to restaurants and shopping. The room was very clean and quite. We got lucky with a room on the 17th floor - a corner room away from the elevators and other traffic - which we think was KEY! If you can get these kinds of rooms, go for it!!!! You won't regret it... Libby was sweet enough to upgrade us to this room. THANK YOU LIBBY!!!! The lobby is really pretty with a small bar/lounge area. After a long day out on Saturday, we decided to just stay in for the evening, rent a movie and order room service. It arrived rather quickly and we were happy with what we order. Since we were still a little full from the Philly cheesesteaks we had earlier at Steaks on South (YUMMY) we ordered from the kids menu. (LOL!!!) P/B & J and grilled cheese. On both Saturday and Sunday mornings, we had breakfast in the hotel on the second floor at their restaurant. and it was really really good!!!! Made to order omelets, freshly made waffles (that was my fave...), muffins, bagels, toast, eggs, bacon (turkey bacon and turkey sausage), oatmeal and cold cereals and any other morning goodies you can think of. We can't wait to go back to Philly and we'll DEFINITELY be staying at this hotel again!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2011

Dear BrooklynGirl_11,

Wow! What a weekend you had and you still found time to post about your stay! For that I thank you!

It really seems that you were able to see what both the city and the hotel have to offer. Cheesesteaks and P/B & J-now we aren't known for our P/B & J but we sure are known for our cheeststeaks! My personal favorite is wiz wit(h)!

I will make sure Libby knows she alone made your stay more comfortable and enjoyable! The corner rooms are so great and when you're on the 17th floor the perspective of the city is amazing! You can see all the way to New jersey.

It seems the guess work has been removed for your hotel choice for the next time you stay in Philadelphia-we look forward to hosting you again soon!