I've stayed in Hampton Inns in different cities around the country. This ranks among the oldest ones with lots of wear and tear. I saw chipped paint and wood everywhere in the room, elevator, etc. There were dings and scratches in the bathtub and when the toilet kept running I opened the lid to find old, rusty, coated valves (I had to re-seat the stopper).
Front desk staff and shuttle drivers were courteous and helpful. I'd prefer that the shuttle would run more often than every half-hour since it's so close to the airport. The lobby was small and crowded at times because there were meetings going on and people using the tables and chairs to work. Breakfast was typical Hampton - better than most places with free food.
The room was on the small side, especially the bathroom which was at a funny angle with a wide door that swung in and took up space. The sink didn't have much space. Towels were stored in a wood cabinet under the sink so you have to bend down all the way to the floor to grab a bath towel. I prefer a towel rack mounted at a normal height on the wall, but more and more hotels seem to find it decorative or "classy" to fold or roll towels and make you reach for them in funny places.
The TV had lots of channels and worked well. The desk was small but plenty of lamps and outlets to recharge devices. There was a floor-mounted very noisy heat/AC unit that drowned out the TV whenever it switched on. Instead of a closet there was a small wardrobe cabinet, and the bottom half was occupied by a rack with an extra blanket. This arrangement makes it difficult to hang clothes such as pants or coats because they can't drape freely. You have to move the luggage rack out into the room in order to keep clothes neat.
My room was by the elevator so I got quite a bit of noise from the corridor as people came and went. You might want to request a room at the end of the hallway if you prefer peace and quiet.
There's a Ruby Tuesday next door or if you want to walk a bit there's a WaWa convenience store with quite a bit of food selection. Lots of hotels in the area so if you want something newer or larger, look elsewhere. Otherwise, this Hampton was adequate if nothing special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport hotel welcomes you to Philadelphia with a free 24-hour airport shuttle and friendly service. Situated off Interstate 95, only .5 miles from Philadelphia International Airport, our Philadelphia Airport hotel offers easy highway access to downtown Philadelphia and Wilmington, Delaware. Explore the downtown Philadelphia historic district. See the Liberty Bell, tour Independence Hall and the Betsy Ross House, and stroll Elfreth's Alley, the oldest street in the US. Try a famous Philly cheesesteak or enjoy international cuisine offered in Reading Terminal Market. Visit the National Constitution Center to learn about the US Constitution. Spend a day viewing exhibits in the Philadelphia Museum of Art, the Rodin Museum and the Franklin Institute. The popular statue of Rocky Balboa is also in the museum district. Cheer the Philadelphia Eagles football team at Lincoln Financial Field, two miles from our Philadelphia hotel. Comcast Center, the University of Pennsylvania, and many other corporations and universities are minutes away. Appreciate the location and amenities at our hotel by Philadelphia Airport. Reserve one of our 151 guest rooms featuring king-sized or double beds. For additional space and seating, select a room with a sofa bed. Connect to free high-speed internet access. Get some work done at the desk or set up your laptop on the convenient lap desk. Watch your favorite cable channels on the flat-screen HDTV. Wake up every morning to Hampton's free hot breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia International Airport Hotel Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Airport