“Business Trip”

Ranked #23 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Jamestown, United States
“Business Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Business trip. Good experience. Front desk could use some customer service training. Person who checked me in did not speak. I had to ask for the water typically provided to Gold Members. He was not the only one lacking in customer service skills. I sat in lobby for a bit to work and listened to the front desk clerks check guests in and answer phones. Definitely need some training. All other accommodations were great.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Santa Rosa Fl, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

this is an older property. a small breakfast area- older style rooms & beds. It is close to the airport and about 20 min. to downtown Philly. Service is OK. The rooms are old and not stylish or up to date.

Jacksonville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton because we had an early flight. There was a pull out bed that was met minimun standards for comfort. The main bed was comfortable but the room was cramped with the two beds. The hotel was obviously older. The van in the morning was convenient and helpful.

anaheim
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed here two nights. The first night we got in our room late and found the toilet running, the bathroom sink and shower backed up and had a drain problem when we showered/brushed our teeth. The next morning I reported it to the staff and maintenance crew were prompt at "fixing" the problem. We left for the day, then came back and the shower and sink were still backing up, and all night we listened to the toilet periodically running. We got back late and these things were supposed to be fixed and we didn't know we had a problem until we went to take a shower and brush our teeth, so we again reported it when we went down for breakfast the next day. They comped our room and I was grateful for that. The staff were polite with their "my pleasure"'s. This location is not that close to the city, but a helpful way to get to downtown Philly is to take the Septa and avoid parking fees.

Chattanooga, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I would not recommend staying at this Hampton Inn. I way overpaid for the room. Staff: Helpful and friendly. Breakfast Area: Not very clean. I probably am a little jaded about this because right after checking in the group I was with decided to discuss our dinner plans in the breakfast area and I immediately put my hand in syrup that was all over the cushion of one of the seats. Lobby: Acceptable, but very hot (probably about 85 degrees) Room: Old furniture, paper thin walls. Maintenance: No hot water in the morning. Pool/Fitness Center/Business Center: Did not use. Given that I paid $189 for the room for one night, I would highly not recommend this hotel. It would be a decent value at $70 for one night.

1 Thank Zachary M
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is a solid airport hotel.

The noise levels are low (although very close, it is not right beside the airport).

The rooms are clean and spacious.

The beds are comfortable and the air conditioning works great.

Internet is free and the TV selection is quite good.

There are not many good restaurants nearby but for quick stays there is enough to make do.

Room Tip: I stayed in a corner room which was quite spacious
Bellingham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I took a trip to Philadelphia with my son and 4 of his friends. I met my dad and neice in Philly (they were driving from Ohio). The hotel itself was nice - not dirty. The staff were amazing. I arrived early in hopes that I could check-in early so that I could get to downtown in time to find parking for the MLU Championship game. The guy behind the counter said that the cleaning crew were going through the rooms as we speak and if I could wait 20 min he would see about getting me in. After a half hour he said he had the rooms with King beds done but only 1 with full beds and said he would get me into that one and also give me the key card for the other but it's not ready. I told him I needed somewhere to change clothes for myself and my guests. Very nice of him to do that for us. The room was neet and orderly. The AC unit was awesome and blew out nice cold air. I slept very well that night.

The next morning, we all went down for breakfast. I was thinking it was going to be bagels and a few donuts. I was shocked to find omlets, sausage, make your own waffles, bagles, donuts, muffins, fruit, cereal, and a few other items I don't recall everything. They also had apple juice, orange juice, milk, and coffee.

Check out was quick and easy.

I would definately recommend this hotel to anybody wanting to stay in / close to Philly. It's a short drive to downtown too.