“Cleanliness issues” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 84 Hotels in Philadelphia
Kingsville, Canada
“Cleanliness issues”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Their cleaning staff leave a lot to be desired. Overall this is a good hotel, but the people cleaning rooms put less than minimal effort into their jobs and leave several things for you to clean yourself if you are so inclined.

Also, their complimentary breakfast includes unrecognizable egg products with grey sausage. This is also very typical of most lower end hotels offering a complimentary breakfast. I don't understand why if it is complimentary they feel the need to punish you for eating it by serving something you wouldn't give to your dog.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Upperchichester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

As a guest service agent myself, I extend the best customer service to all guests. My family was visiting from out of town and I decided to stay at his hotel because I won a free night. I know the routine so I presented my I.D, debit card, and gift certificate at check in. Darryl, the agent that checked me in said to me "this card is just in case you decide to steal something or break something". I am very well aware of what some unsavory people tend to do in hotel rooms over the weekend, but I am not that person. It was extremely rude of Darryl to say to me and I told him that I also work at a hotel and I don't steal. He didn't even tell me about the breakfast. There were a few names I could have called him, but he was not worth the time. How dare you say something like that to a guest? I am certain he would be upset if I said that to him or his family members. That was it, but the room was nice and cozy. Smelled like smoke a little.

Room Tip: Away from elevator
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Washington Crossing, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Recently stayed here before a trip to Las Vegas. We are sold on Hampton Inns since we discovered them about two years ago before a Caribbean cruise. This Hampton Inn was a first class experience as were all the others. Rooms here were NICER than the Four Seasons Hotel in Philadelphia where we stayed as a family several weekends ago. We stay at a LOT of four and five star hotels on our many trips and we still love the Hampton Inns. Their complimentary breakfast is such a time saver and very satisfying.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Scranton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel is 5 minutes from the Philadelphia airport. The shuttle runs every 30 minutes. Our room was up to the Hampton standards that we have come to expect. The breakfast bar was typical. There is a Ruby Tuesday's within walking distance from the property which was great for dinner and drinks if you didn't want to travel around Philadelphia.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank weluv2travel7408
Lynn Haven
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Had a Long weekend trip from FL to Philiy and due to not driving around decided to satay near the airport & take cabs around.
Our Accomdation Was great! No downsides at all. Room was above excellent! Spotlessly clean. A typical am Breakfast-but cooked ok. The FRESH Coffee was the Best I have had for a long while. I'd almost stay for the coffee. Room Pricing was Very well priced for this area. The Next time I will be staying I would happily pay a higher price to make sure I got a reservation.
A Definate re-stay- could NOT fault the place

Room Tip: All the rooms Are Great!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I picked this hotel to stay at for an overnight stay after arriving at PHL International Airport after 10 p.m. and not wanting to find my way into the central city after a long hard day at work.
This hotel is conveniently located near the PHL International Airport and there is a free hotel shuttle that operates 24/7 to/from the airport.
The driver was very friendly and the hotel staff greeted my party warmly and promptly.
I learned on the trip from the airport to the hotel that most of the other passengers in the shuttle were not checking into the hotel, but were coming from the airport and were dropped off by our driver at their parked cars in the large lot next to the hotel (and adjacent to a large PNC office building). As other reviewers have noted, there apparently is no extra charge to hotel guests who want to leave their cars at the lot connected to the hotel and take a flight from PHL.
How cool is that?!

There is a Ruby Tuesday restaurant just a quick walk across the parking lot from the hotel.
This is a good restaurant with many food choices for different types of eaters and was a pleasant surprise. There are no other restaurants that I could walk to, however.
The only surprise about the restaurant was the finding of a security guard in the entrance of the restaurant, but I did not feel unsafe at this restaurant.

Back to the hotel;
nicely appointed and typical Hampton Inn furnishings and hot breakfast buffet.
The price was attractive; less than $100/night.
Like most breakfast buffets, I thought that the hot food could have been kept warmer, but you can make your own waffles and the coffee was surprisingly very, very good and had a robust flavor!

Sleep comfort was excellent with very clean and hypoallergenic bedding. Pillows were comfortable and sheets felt heavenly.

For the trip from the hotel to the central city, I took the train for only $4 one-way on a Saturday morning. I don't know if the fare is different on weekdays.
I picked up the train at the Eastwick station which is about 10 minute walk from the hotel and apparently saved me about half the price of the train compared to going back to the airport via free hotel shuttle and picking up the train at the airport.
This is a bargain, especially if traveling alone or as a couple, since a cab will cost about $29 + tip from airport to central city.

I recommend this hotel strongly. It has what I look for in a hotel, especially when arriving late at night; a good location to the airport with inexpensive accessibility to the central city; a good price, good food available either at hotel or nearby, safety, and a good night's sleep.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cincydoc2011
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed recently for 3 weeks because I was working nearby. The property was very nice, the surroundings we not great though for a long term stay. It is extremely close to the airport which made it convenient. The room was comfortable, I asked for a refridgerator and although it was not placed in the room when I arrived all 3 times, it was promptly brought up after I checked in. The breakfast area is small but it was nice to sit in during the day. There was not too much variety to the breakfast items but everything was good. I also used the fitness center which had new equipment and was clean.

Overall the staff was pleasant and helpful and the property was clean and comfortable. Unfortunately for a long term stay the surroundings are a little blah, not much to do unless you have time to venture into the city of Philadelphia. There is a Ruby Tuesday next door for dinner but aside from that I found you had to venture pretty far to find places to eat that weren't in a sketchy neighborhood although I will admit I didn't do too much exploring since I was very busy at work while I was there.

It was a nicely run Hampton and I would stay there again if I were to be working in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Philadelphia
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport
Philadelphia Airport Marriott
#35 of 84 in Philadelphia
4.0 of 5 stars 859 reviews
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport? Share your experiences!