“good airport hotel”

Ranked #19 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Asheville, North Carolina
“good airport hotel”
Reviewed March 23, 2008

This hotel really is a good airport option for overnight stay. It provided everything I expected. A clean, comfortable room with affordable rates. Free breakfast in the lobby was decent, as was the airport shuttle.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed February 27, 2008

Stayed her a few times as myself and a friend flew from Philly to Dallas. We drove from Ottawa, Ont, Can and it took about 10hrs to get there with some stops. We checked in and was greeted very friend;y. Room was very clean and a decent size for 2 beds for about $200. Standard bathroom and comfortable beds with a breakfast in the morning.

The major reason we stayed here is because of the shuttle to the airport which runs 5 after the hour and then 35 after. Most hotels in the area provide a shuttle but the best part of this hotel for the price we received a weeks worth of parking. This saved money from parking at the airport and we had a shuttle to pick us up when our flight returns to Philly. Car was parked at the PNC bank offices across the street which is pretty safe.

We would stay her again in a heartbeat as it is a good deal with good personal. The only issue we had is there is nothing around but a Ruby Tuesday which is tasty but crazy busy as there are a bunch of hotels but no were to eat.

• Liked — Great location, Clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — Only Ruby Tuesdays in walking distance
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gottalock
New Jersey
Reviewed February 25, 2008

We live in south jersey. My husband and I were flying out of the Philadelphia Airport on vacation early one morning. We decided to go up and stay at this hotel because the weather was horrible the night before and didn't want to take a chance on arriving late for our flight due to weather.

I was extrememly happy with our room. We went to Ruby Tuesdays for a drink and appetizers, which is in walking distance. You can order room service from their as well.

The shuttle was on time to take us to the airport. I believe they ran twice an hour.

If you are looking for a 'reasonable' priced hotel to stay at near the airport, this one is just fine. The room was very clean. Otherwise, if you are visting Philadelphia, I would recommend staying somewhere closer to downtown.

• Liked — clean room and close to airport
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler, Germany
Reviewed December 9, 2007

After numerous stays in the Hampton Inn Philadelphia airport I see the necessity to think about their pricing policy. In general the hotel is ok, staff is friendly and the rooms are large and clean-although starting to show first signs of aging. When I paid $ 179,90 per night I started to ask myself if this price is justified and I simply have to say No and will opt for other, cheaper hotels in the near surrounding.

• Liked — Friendlyness of the staff
  • Disliked — Value
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank Grafschafter
Big Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed November 6, 2007

I have stayed at this property several times and it has always been acceptable. I will tell you that it is the most reasonably priced hotel around the airport and still represents a value. Many of the hotels in the area charge double and are dumps. My rate here is around $120. You have the infamous, soon to be forgettable Hampton Inn breakfast, free wired internet in room, wireless in the lobby, upgraded beds. Overall, this location is starting to show some wear and tear. The carpet is getting worn, and the chair in my room looks like every guest has been obliged to spill something on it. I certainly wouldn't want to sit on it. I might want to send it over to CSI and have them black light that baby. The heat A/C can be loud but it helps to drown out some of the airport noise. The pluses here are location, value, they do offer a Park n' Fly package, free shuttle. I would recommend to all business travelers, folks using the airport, and people trying to avoid the high rates downtown. Also, there is a Ruby Tuesday next door if you like eating with the gangsta's

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank Jonathan F
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 5, 2007

The one thing that really killed this hotel for me was a strange smell in my room and my colleagues rooms also. I was told it was disinfectant I couldn't get used to it at all.

Check in
Easy and quick. The gentlemen at the front desk was very nice and we had a good laugh. We arrived in the early evening so that had cookies, popcorn and pretzels which was nice.

Rooms
Nice size single king room. The AC was a big loud but I have heard much worse. I ended up turning up the temp. so it didn't go one every 10 minutes.
THE SMELL it really killed me. It stunk so bad and I could never get used to it. It was so bad I wrote my 1st complaint to Hampton ever. I know I'm ranting but it was bad. I did have a few problems with the TV on some channels. It fuzzed out.
((Update. The manager called me from the hotel and apologized. I was satisfied with how they handled the situation))

Bed
Nice bed but the heavy comforter was a bit much in the summer.

Bathrooms
I really liked the setup of the bathroom. It was very open and easy to move around. Nice shower pressure and hot water right away.

Internet
Free and good speed

Parking
Free but that had some outside meeting at the hotel 1 night so there was no parking when we got back from dinner because of a seminar at the hotel.

Free shuttle to the airport.

Free breakfast is always nice at the Hamptons.

Overall it was a good hotel except for the cleaning product smell. I really wish I didn't have to sleep in it all night.

If it wasn't for the smell it would get a higher rating.

• Liked — Front desk
  • Disliked — The stink!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
6 Thank morganrep
Durham
Reviewed August 23, 2007

My husband and I and 2 boys (6 & 4) stayed 1 night between flight connections at the end of our holiday. The airport transfer was easy except that you need to phone the hotel from the terminal and there is no pick up or phone at terminal F (go to terminal E) - 10min trip only. Room spacious. Complimentary cookies, milk and popcorn at reception teatime and good breakfast (included). Our flight the next day wasn't til the evening so were able to leave our luggage at reception after check out. We spent the morning in the small but adequate and very clean pool (it's in the carpark so rather exposed but the boys loved it and we were happy just to swim and relax before heading home). The hotel has no restaurant but is next door to a great Ruby Tuesday's where we had a late leisurely lunch before going to the airport. A no hassle hotel in a convenient situation with plenty of amenities

• Liked — Location and clean
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family