Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District(Philadelphia)(Great Value!)
$197
$197
$234
$219
  • Restaurant
Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square(Philadelphia)
$239
$167
$234
$208
$199
$329
  • Room Service
1,206 results
All reviewsruby tuesday next doorruby tuesday restaurantshuttle servicelong term parkingpark and flyan early flightroom was cleanfree shuttlenext morningcomplimentary breakfastrental carbusiness centerthe breakfast areafront desk staffstayed one nightyogurtcenter city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 5, 2007

The one thing that really killed this hotel for me was a strange smell in my room and my colleagues rooms also. I was told it was disinfectant I couldn't get used to it at all.

Check in
Easy and quick. The gentlemen at the front desk was very nice and we had a good laugh. We arrived in the early evening so that had cookies, popcorn and pretzels which was nice.

Rooms
Nice size single king room. The AC was a big loud but I have heard much worse. I ended up turning up the temp. so it didn't go one every 10 minutes.
THE SMELL it really killed me. It stunk so bad and I could never get used to it. It was so bad I wrote my 1st complaint to Hampton ever. I know I'm ranting but it was bad. I did have a few problems with the TV on some channels. It fuzzed out.
((Update. The manager called me from the hotel and apologized. I was satisfied with how they handled the situation))

Bed
Nice bed but the heavy comforter was a bit much in the summer.

Bathrooms
I really liked the setup of the bathroom. It was very open and easy to move around. Nice shower pressure and hot water right away.

Internet
Free and good speed

Parking
Free but that had some outside meeting at the hotel 1 night so there was no parking when we got back from dinner because of a seminar at the hotel.

Free shuttle to the airport.

Free breakfast is always nice at the Hamptons.

Overall it was a good hotel except for the cleaning product smell. I really wish I didn't have to sleep in it all night.

If it wasn't for the smell it would get a higher rating.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
6  Thank morganrep
Reviewed August 23, 2007

My husband and I and 2 boys (6 & 4) stayed 1 night between flight connections at the end of our holiday. The airport transfer was easy except that you need to phone the hotel from the terminal and there is no pick up or phone at terminal F (go to terminal E) - 10min trip only. Room spacious. Complimentary cookies, milk and popcorn at reception teatime and good breakfast (included). Our flight the next day wasn't til the evening so were able to leave our luggage at reception after check out. We spent the morning in the small but adequate and very clean pool (it's in the carpark so rather exposed but the boys loved it and we were happy just to swim and relax before heading home). The hotel has no restaurant but is next door to a great Ruby Tuesday's where we had a late leisurely lunch before going to the airport. A no hassle hotel in a convenient situation with plenty of amenities

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank DurhamAnne
Reviewed August 19, 2007

I needed a hotel with an airport shuttle for a quick weekend home to Philly. I've stayed a couple of the airport hotels before and was NOT impressed (in fact, was disgusted). I decided on the Hampton Inn for this trip and am glad I did. We did have a bit of a snafu when we had to wait 50 minutes for the shuttle at the airport. I even called the hotel twice! When I finally got to the hotel and complained, though, the manager (Elaine) was very helpful and accomodating. She gave me a 50% discount on the room. Only because of her helpfulness and seemingly genuine concern for the guests is this hotel getting such a good review. The room was completely adequate, nice even. Most important for me, it was quiet! I not only could not hear any planes, I could also not hear any neighbors! For me, that's the most important thing in a hotel. The breakfast was a little bit to be desired, but not bad at all. For the price, it was the perfect, convenient hotel. I will stay there again if I need to be by the airport.

Stayed: August 2007
5  Thank Amyj1276
Reviewed August 17, 2007

The reception area is quite run down and untidy.

Rooms much better.

Cleanliness ok, good beds, although narrow Queens. Could become a problem if they put you up with two adults and one child in such a room, as they did in our case.

Airconditioning unit much too noisy to sleep, definitely have to switch it off at night. Other than that, quite thin walls, so you hear a lot from your neighbors. Also, very noisy water lines, alive all night...

Nothing at all in the surroundings (even the immigration officer at the airport warned about that..). Except a so-and-so Ruby Tuesday Restaurant next door.

Small outside pool is clean and ok.

All in all, hotel seems to be one of the more acceptable ones at PHL Airport. However: If you have the choice timewise, definitely go downtown! (We hadn´t, because our flight left at 7:30 next morning.) Enjoyed the free hotel airport shuttle though which runs every 30 minutes and takes 10 minutes.

• Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank AMG007
Reviewed August 12, 2007

The hotel fit the bill for parking the car at the Philadelphia Airport while on our two week vacation. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The shuttle to and from the airport was very convenient. The lot was not gated, but it was well lit and had numerous security cameras available.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family