3,682 results
All reviews convention center across the street the reading terminal market headhouse tower great location the concierge lounge city hall large hotel hard rock cafe valet parking market street within walking distance lobby bar attending a conference liberty bell per day flower show
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

Really disappointed by the experience I just had, trying to get lunch at the hotel restaurant. My daughter is sick in our room, so I walked down to order take-out. I waited 20 minutes for the one person working the only spot where you can order (the restaurant sent me to the central lobby's bar). When he finally came over and asked me in a short manner what i wanted, I asked for a turkey sandwich. He said to take a look around, that they're busy, and they won't so special orders. I said the BLT has turkey on it, but my daughter is allergic to tomatoes, so could they leave off the tomatoes. He told me again to look around, they're busy and won't do special orders. Since leaving tomatoes off constituted a special order for take-out, I walked back to the restaurant and asked to be seated, did they have room for one. The waitress/hostess said, in a curt manner, if we had room for one, I'd seat you. We're busy.

She didn't say we have a wait, she didn't say we can seat you in so-many-minutes. Either would have been fine. I get waiting -- it happens.

We're stuck here for the next four days at a conference, so I'm now very concerned about what we're going to do about food.

What happened to the City of Brotherly Love?

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
TeamMarriott, Guest Experience Liaison at Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Dear Elise C,

We were disappointed to see your feedback and hope you will accept our apologies for the problems you experienced. We would like the opportunity to discuss your experience in further detail. At your convenience, please send an email to barbara.fitzgerald@marriott.com with the full name on your reservation as well as room number, so that we can address your concerns directly.

Reviewed July 24, 2018

I'm a Marriott Gold Elite member thanks to their merger with Starwood, I was excited to experience what this hotel had to offer since I'll be staying in more Marriott properties in the future, and I have to say I was very disappointed.

First, the good... location is great, right in the middle of center city, across the street from the fabulous Reading Terminal Market and connected to the convention center and SEPTA Jefferson station via covered bridge. Rooms were pretty standard for Marriott, that is to say they're decently sized, have a large tv, desk space, mini-fridge, and modern furnishings and decor. Beds are comfortable, water pressure is great. Indoor pool looked nice when I walked through it but I didn't have time to use it. They did accommodate my early check-in request (2pm) and could have granted a late check out, but ended up not needing that benefit.

Now the not so great... to start off with, we were informed the concierge lounge was closed on weekends, so I'd either get 50% off the restaurant buffet breakfast or free coffee and stale pastries in a hallway. Neither of these are the brand standard of complimentary continental breakfast in the restaurant that should be offered in lieu of the lounge.

I got checked in on Friday afternoon, assigned a room on the 22nd floor, went up and opened the door, and the room is still occupied by someone else. Went back down and after some hassle ("Are you sure you went into the right room?" "Well, does it matter? My key opened that door!") got assigned another room down the hall.

Toilet was extremely loud when flushing, and you could hear a lot of noise from the hallway. Neither of these was a huge deal, but things to be aware of.

Elevators are slow to arrive especially during peak times and quick to close and depart.

Spent all day Saturday seeing the city and came back at 4pm to find the room still wasn't cleaned. A housekeeper was working on another room in the hallway, so I asked to have mine serviced and left again, coming back around 6pm to the room just being finished cleaned.

I went to grab a towel after my shower on Sunday morning and it was dirty and stained in multiple places.

Finally, on check out, I left my keys at the desk and asked for an emailed folio, then went to depart for my train. As I am an 2/3 of the way up the escalator, the agent comes chasing after me, yelling for me to return to desk. Very unprofessional. I returned to the desk and was informed that my card had declined. I was confused since my card had been authorized at check-in without any problems. She had the wrong name and the wrong card type, so there was clearly a mix-up in the system. This took quite a while to straighten out, and because of this, I missed the train I was trying to catch.

All-in-all, this was a very mediocre stay with a lot a little things that added up to sour my experience with this hotel. Despite the great location and easy connections to transportation, I don't think I'll be returning anytime soon.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Mark S,

Thank you for being our guest and for sharing your thoughts about our hotel. Please accept our apologies for not meeting your expectations. We take comments like yours very seriously, so we are looking into where we went wrong and making changes to our processes to better serve our guests. Thank you again for choosing us for your stay. We would welcome an opportunity to accommodate you once more and earn your highest marks.

Reviewed July 23, 2018

Our family of five spent one night here. The room was very spacious and the amenities very nice. We took the subway, which was within walking distance of the hotel to the stadium. The hotel is also within walking distance to quite a few of the historic sights. The Reading Terminal Market is located right across the street and has many choices for meals. We did not have time to use the gym or pool. The staff was very welcoming and friendly as well as professional. Would definitely stay here again if in the area. The valet parking was very convenient and safe.

Room Tip: The towers were a bit of a walk from the front desk.
Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
TeamMarriott, Manager at Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2018

Dear spoiledrotten1,

Thank you for choosing the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown for your overnight stay. We are delighted to read you liked our great location and courteous service as well as your well-appointed room. It was a pleasure hosting you all, and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you our way.

Reviewed July 22, 2018

The Philadelphia Marriott Downtown is a wonderful, large, highrise hotel in the heart of Philly. Easy walking distance to so many historic landmarks, like the City Hall, Reading Terminal Market, South Street, and the Convention Center. It features a state of the art gym, full service bars, sports bars, restaurants, Starbucks, and FEDEX services on premises. In addition, they offer very good concierge service and lounge for business travelers. Many of the rooms have beautiful city views, including the gorgeous City Hall building. Outside the main entrance you find a number of sightseeing hop on hop off bus companies offering day tours. Valet parking is offered and is very convenient, a bit pricey, however. Next door on 13th street, there is a parking lot with self parking for those more budget conscious. A great hotel overall. Highly recommend! Thank you.

Room Tip: I always choose the main buildings over the towers. I find them more accessible. It is a big hotel.
Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Dear mks6213,

Thank you for choosing us and taking the time to post a review. We are delighted you enjoyed our outstanding location and excellent service! It was our pleasure accommodating you, and we hope you will make Philadelphia Marriott Downtown your home away from home whenever your travels bring you to our city. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Rooms cost 140$ and that doesn’t cover Internet, breakfast, parking? The first and the last are essential to a stay so add 70$ for both. Stay actually costs 210$ I’ve stayed at nicer hotels for 50$ that had better amenities. Rip off!!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Guest Experience Liaison at Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2018

Dear joelmackie89,

On behalf of our entire team, we apologize for not living up to proper standards during your recent visit and for your disappointment with the amenities and charges. Thank you for sharing your observations so we may improve going forward. We hope to have another chance to provide you with the outstanding hospitality you should receive every time you are our guest.