“Great hotel and location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Philadelphia Marriott Downtown

Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
Ranked #41 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
“Great hotel and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel numerous times on business and recently brought my son of a trip to Philadelphia. The location of this hotel is perfect! It's right next to Reading market and within walking distance of Benjamin Franklin Boulevard toward the art museum in one direction, a little over a mile, and in the other direction about 1 mile from Historic district. The hotel itself is a grand style hotel
with outstanding service and a Starbucks in the main lobby. You can't go wrong here.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Weissman22

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (571)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kannapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Enjoyed staying at the Marriott Downtown. Such a historical city. I was greeted with friendly faces and efficient and professional staff. My request for a room in the HeadHouse was met. My other request was a quiet room...and I received both. The rooms are in a historical building converted from the Railroad offices. They were Huge. I sneezed and it echoed! The bathroom was a very nice size also. Even though the view was not the best (back side of hotel) but it was the most quiet room I've ever stayed. Everything was super clean and the linens were very nice. There is a Hard Rock Cafe & Dunkin Donuts downstairs without having to go outside. That was most convenient. I was there for a conference, but had a little time to walk downtown to the Historical District. I didn't feel very safe in walking alone in the afternoon. Walking alone later afternoons or at night is not a wise decision. The Spa is not there anymore and the pool was not very inviting. All in All, this is a very good hotel and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I definitely would recommend requesting a room in the HeadHouse and exploring all the history associ...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

This hotel is located in the heart of Center City which means you can pretty much walk to anything you want. Great restaurants and Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell are all right there. It's kitty corner from Reading Terminal which will overwhelm you with food choices. The location is just key for this hotel. The rooms are up-to-date and pretty much what you would expect for a Marriott. My only negative is that on the second day of my stay, housekeeping never cleaned my room. I did have a DND on my door but was out of the room by Noon and when I returned around 7 p.m. I was surprised that it hadn't been touched. One other thing to note. I ate breakfast in their restaurant one morning and found the food quality to be subpar. There are SO MANY restaurants nearby, I'd recommend you go elsewhere for any meal. Also, be warned that the Starbucks attached to the hotel is PAINFULLY slow. I'd also recommend going else where for coffee. Kudos to the bartender in the lobby location. Nice big pours of wine. :) And I like how they have signs on each floor reminding guests to be quiet. While the teenagers staying across the hall from me were a bit noisy one morning, it was actually a good wake up call to get me out and about in the city.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

Good room size, great location just across the street from the market...
I've asked for a crib in advance because I was travelling with a 1 year old and I wasnt there...After asking for it twice, they left it in the room, and didn't bother to make it....aftert a small complaint, we had complementary breakfast, so we call it even...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Arlington, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

After reading online reviews dated several years back (very few recent reviews), I was not sure what I was going to find when I arrived at this hotel on a recent business trip. The hotel was beautiful and the staff could not be friendlier or more accommodating. The entire experience was excellent during my four day, three night stay. My room was spacious and well decorated. I am accustomed to sleeping on a Tempurpedic mattress so I tend to be very picky with other mattresses. The bed was VERY comfortable. The location is right in the middle of everything and close to the airport.(approx. $30 by cab). I highly recommend this hotel ( from a very picky traveler).

Room Tip: I stayed in the tower inside the Convention Center....nice!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Mentor, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

Despite being very busy the hotel appears well kept. Room was near the elevators and you could faintly hear them going up and down. Clean room and helpful staff. Nice area of the city. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Kingston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

Impressive, well maintained, large hotel in downtown of a historic American city. This was my first trip to the city. The valet service was good. I felt comfortable and well cared for in the hotel. The sleep quality was good. My room had a door to an adjacent room which allowed some exchange of noise.
I attended a convention at the hotel for 3 days. It was handled well. The food was good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business