“crowded”

Ranked #41 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

very crowded hotel

no robe in room

my neighbors were incredibly noisy and when I called the concierge they said they would do something but nothing changed and they didn't call to follow up

you have to pay for wifi

guests need a card to come upstairs so I needed to get dressed and bring my friend up

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Barbara F, Executive Guest Experience Liaison at Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor! We appreciate the opportunity to learn from your feedback. Please accept our apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay especially the noise from other guests. We take great pride in ensuring a memorable experience for all of our guests and regret that we were unable to do that for you. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate members of my team so that corrective actions can be taken for the future. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Philadelphia Marriott.

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on business for two nights. It is a very well located hotel just beside the conference centre. It has a good atmosphere in the lobby wit the bar and restaurant adjacent.
My room was in the tower which was very unusual as the windows were basically two portholes which made the room dark. Not a problem for me as I washout each evening.
Only negative was waitress at breakfast one morning explaining to me that the coffee was not cold as it was in a flask even though I was drinking it

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I have stayed at Marriott over 100 nights either for work or pleasure, and I have NEVER had such a bad experience as I am having now at this hotel. I requested linens and a blanket 5 times over a period of 2 hours (10:00 pm to midnight). The fifth call was from my cell to the hotel because the front desk was not answering the phone call from my room. I just needed linens. What if there was an emergency? And nobody answering the inside phone??? I finally spoke to a male night manager. He assured me that someone was coming immediately. It was after midnight that sheets were delivered by a man, and there was no blanket. 10 minutes later a woman knocked delivering more sheets. Seriously, I don't think it is unreasonable to ask for linens and expect them to be delivered after being told they were on the way. If it was that hard, just tell me and I could go get them myself. I even had someone call the room after I made the second call to confirm I needed sheets and a blanket. Again, 5 phone calls to get this. We checked in at 4am, slept, showered and left for the day. When we returned the room was not cleaned yet so I told the housekeeper down the hall that we needed fresh towels and I brought my trash out to empty. Today I left at 6:50 am and returned at 2. Guess what? No cleaned room. Left to shop and returned at 4:30. Still no clean room. I called the front desk and asked why the room was not clean. I was told they have until 5 to clean. I said that's 20 minutes from now. She agreed. Left for dinner at 5:30 returning at 7:30. Guess what? STILL NO CLEAN ROOM. As soon as I walked in and saw the same pile of dirty towels used for 8 showers over 2 days by my family staying in the room I walked out and went to speak with the front desk manager. Does anyone care at all about earning the money that I am paying to stay here??? It isn't free, and it certainly isn't cheap. I am furious and feel ripped off. Before you make a reservation here, ask yourself this: would you accept this level of service if you were a paying customer traveling with your family?

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Traveltime2220222
Randy A, Manager at Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay. We are only sorry to hear that your experience was not a good one. I would like the opportunity to make some corrections in our processes and have the ability to make it up to you, so if you like, could you please forward your name, room number and dates of stay to randy.arpea@marriott.com. I look forward to the opportunity to respond to you personally.

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

The reviews are spot on for this marriott. Category 7? Gym limited. Breakfast for platinum not offered. Great location but you have to really ask for extras. 2 hour power outage at checkin on Thursday. Something about a computer crash? Other than location will not be back, maybe marriott courtyard next door.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank zachary2000
Randy A, Manager at Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent experience and our great location, I appreciate the opportunity to benefit from your feedback. I would like to apologize for our poor response to the hotel-wide system failure you received and for not fully recognizing you as a Platinum Elite member. It is our goal to make all our guests feel welcome. Thank you again for your time and consideration, we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

The check in computers were not working, so no one could check in to the hotel. The hotel workers did not do anything about it, not even checking in the people using paper. At least they offered some food and drinks, but that did not help us. The line of people was horrifically long and there was chaos in the check in area. We left the Mariot hotel and went to the Lowes hotel across the street.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Cpgaynor

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent experience; we are only too sorry that our hotel-wide system failure and our inability to adequately meet your expectations caused you to choose a different location. Our reaction can and should have been better. Rest assured that we will be utilizing all feedback from this most unfortunate situation to make changes for the future. Thank you again for your time and consideration, we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown.

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is in great location can walk to most place..great steak restaurants near by..rooms are clean everyone tries hard to provide good service from the Valets to the check in counter to the bar I would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 17, 2014

This was my first stay at this hotel - I was there for 2 nights and was pleased. The room was comfortable and quiet, and quite roomy. I've stayed at 6 hotels in downtown Philly and this was by far the largest in size. Service was very good...especially at the lobby bar from Aaron where I ordered dinner one evening. The fitness center is equipped with plenty of cardio equipment and weight machines. The concierge lounge is large but overcrowded and a bit overrun by guests at times - more tourists than business travelers it seemed.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business