“Well located and good for families”

Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
Ranked #41 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Old Greenwich, Connecticut
“Well located and good for families”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed at the Philadelphia Marriott for my niece's college graduation. I had my 11 yr old son with me and the hotel was very kid friendly (small but good indoor pool where he met other kids his age and had fun swimming). There was something to do for everyone...easy walking distance to most sights. Staff was helpful and nice. I'd definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (585)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kampala
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Very clean Hotel, rather expensive for the average traveler, nice facilities (internet, lifts, conference centre etc). Breakfast is not included in accommodation and internet has to be paid for separately.
For the budget traveler meals can be taken at nearby supermarkets or the flea market near by

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Zio2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I went to Philadelphia for a convention. Several thousand people were scheduled to stay at the Marriott because it was connected to the convention center. Every employee we came into contact w/ was courteous and helpful. Overall, they made the overwhelming experience quite pleasant.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Clgaydos
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The front desk staff were all so helpful in dealing with my reservation, which originally wasn't in my name. My friend's father was on his death bed, and Marriott allowed me to step in and take over the reservation. A few days before my arrival, my friend's father passed away, and Marriott was gracious in allowing my friend back on the reservation, even helping us split the bill, and have one of us check out early. I was happy to sleep in a comfortable bed, as I sleep on a memory foam mattress at home. There were even 4 pillows in 2 sizes on each bed! So, I was annoyed to have things with the room break down, or not work properly: one of the main lights dimmed, or went completely out at random times, the toilet would not flush (after I reported it, it worked for 1/2 a day, then broke again), there was no complimentary water or breakfast, & I was told (in an annoyed way) that my room service appetizer would take :45. I also did not like entering my credit card information on a huge tv screen, in a busy lobby, while using the airline pre-boarding system. I should have been most comfortable & at ease in a Marriott property; that's what I expect. This stay did not completely live up to my expectation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I booked this hotel over New Years Eve because of its location. Friends were in town for a concert at the Trocadero which is just a few blocks away. Very convenient location. Everything is in walking distance. Reading Terminal Market just across the street.
The only minor issue we had was the long wait for check-in, but understandable since it was New Years Eve.
Clean rooms, good beds. Awesome view if you book a higher floor.

Room Tip: Higher floors for great city views.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Annapolis, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous, huge, great central location, clean, friendly, high Marriott standards. We were on 17 floor. great view. attached to convention center and train station without going outside. Parking expensive. $35/day in garage with release priveledges. Other lots equally as much.

• Stayed August 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The lobby was beautiful, the room was great and the staff was friendly. I liked that a key pass was needed to get the elevator moving. It made me feel safe in a very busy area. The room was clean and the bed was one of the most comfortable that I had ever experienced while traveling. It was only a one night family business trip but I so much wanted to stay another night!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family