“Best Downtown Hotel”

Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
Ranked #41 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The Downtown Philadelphia Marriott is a great place to stay! Location can't be beat. My daughter and I stay here each year as a get-away for the Philadelphia Flower Show. We ride in on the commuter train, go up an escalator flight, walk into the hotel lobby and in less than 5 minutes we are checked in. The hotel is also adjacent to the convention center and across the street from Reading Terminal's Food Court. The hotel staff is courteous, efficient and welcoming. The rooms are quiet, large and well appointed. I only wish Marriott would provide better, large plush towels. They are on the skimpy side. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: We always stay in a concierge room which are located on the top three floors. They are larger rooms...

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I recently stayed for 1 night at the Philadelphia Marriott while attending an event at the convention center. Upon arrival, Valet parking lot was full( multiple events happening at the convention center) so they directed me right across the street to a parking garage which had plenty of parking. Very convenient. I typically stay at Starwood Hotels(Sheraton,Westin,etc) but my family was staying at the Marriott so I decided to get a room in the same hotel for convenience. I am personally a big fan of Starwood hotels but the Marriott did not disappoint. One of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in! Hallways are slightly dated, but open up to very nice, spacious, clean rooms. My only complaint would be that my room was near the elevators and they ran all night. The hotel has a skywalk to the convention center so it is perfect if you are attending an event. My niece enjoyed the indoor heated pool. though the room was a sweatbox if you weren't swimming. Location is not the best if you are looking for some of the Philadelphia charm, but a clean, safe area.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while attending the International Flower Show at the convention center. The location was excellent, Directly across from Reading Terminal Market and connected to the convention center. However, I was extremely surprised when I had to pay $12.95 for 24 hours of Internet access. They also overcharged me for parking and it took awhile to get that figured out. Overall, the hotel was very nice and I would recommend it if going to the convention center. Also very close to Chinatown.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank awincik
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed there for a conference so I used the valet service parking garage. I went to the window at 3:55pm and she told me five to ten minutes. After 30 min I mentioned I did not have my car to the gentlemen in charge. He told me to be patient and asked for my ticket # four times. Got my car after an hour. Thank god I did not have to catch a flight.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank 77marion77
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I recently stayed at the Marriott downtown for two nights (March 2013). Even though a huge facility, I found my stay very comfortable and satisfactory. The hotel is very well located at the heart of Philadelphia with great access both to downtown and to the old city. Very nice gym and indoor swimming pool with flexible hours (the gym is operating 24/7 and the pool from early morning till late at night). The rooms are large in size and comfortable. Great for business travelers (direct access to Starbucks from the lobby). Just across the street from Reading Terminal Market so you are well covered with meals (opens daily 8am - 6pm, Sunday 9am - 5pm). As I paid around $100 per night (before tax), I believe its a great value for money.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Love the location across from the subway station which made getting to University of Penn and tourist spots quite easy. Enjoyed the huge lounge in the center of the lobby in early evening. Great service from waitress there. Wait staff was quick and responsive at very overpriced restaurant "13" at lunch. Minestrone soup was terrific. Veggie burger was ok. Problems arose when concierge gave me the wrong bus to take to my destination! Then at night we waited nearly 45 minutes for someone to bring a food service menu to our room. That was just to get the menu. Soda machine on 16th floor would not accept bills. Soda machine on 16th floor was sold out. Our stay started weel but ended with some frustrations.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I called over a week ago and made reservations for two adjoining rooms for me and the kids. I then decided that I'd like to stay a night on my own so, reserved one of the adjoining rooms for Friday night, then both rooms for Saturday night. I was told that I could be accommodated and that the price would be $149 per room, per night.

When checking in, I was told that they didn't have adjoinng rooms, but they're next door to each other. I forgot to mention that this trip is for my grandson's 9th birthday (he wanted to go swimming and the hotel has an indoor pool) and his 11 year old brother and 19 month old sister are with us too. Can you imagine these kids crossing from room to room from the hallway? The hotel accommodated us for the adjoining room when I told them their two rooms next to each other weren't acceptable for our needs, but I would have to move from my room on Saturday. I said fine. So, they told me to come down to the reservation desk on Saturday morning to register for the adjoining rooms....What???

Ok, so Friday night...I'm chilling in my room and then it's shower time. I step out of the shower onto the bath matt and slide across the tile floor bending my toes on my left foot backwards...OUCH! I call and they send a security guard with a bag of ice. He was very nice, but I was tired. I went to bed.

I limped down to the lobby this morning and registered for the adjoining rooms and was told that they'd call me when the rooms were ready for me to move in. I also asked if there was a medic to see about my foot. They sent security again. I decided to go to the emergency room to have my foot xrayed...not broken, but I had to take a taxi there and walked back in one of those hard shoes.

I went back to my room and waited for my new room to be ready...and waited...and waited. The maid came to my door 3 times. I finallycalled down and was told my rooms were ready after4 pm.

Here, I got fleeced...they want to charge me $259 per room per night!

I am thinking about calling one of those tv lawyers when I get home!

2  Thank Younggrandma