Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
Sleep Inn Center City(Philadelphia)
  • Room Service
3,543 results
All reviewsconvention centeracross the streetthe reading terminal marketheadhouse towergreat locationthe concierge loungecity halllarge hotelhard rock cafevalet parkingwithin walking distancemarket streetattending a conferencelobby barliberty bellper dayroom key
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This visit everything went wrong-- the food was terrible, the hotel seemed understaffed. The calls to the operator weren't answered. It took 20 minutes sitting in the hotel drive for the valet to get to my car. The ice machine didn't work. The room service sandwich the bread was so stale it crumbled. If I hadn't had a meeting here I would have left. I am a platinum Marriott rewards member and my mom worked for corporate Marriott for years. Mr. Marriott would not be pleased with the state of this hotel!!!!

Room Tip: Stay at the Courtyard.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Overall, the room & service were fine, nothing exceptional but nothing poor. The location of this hotel is what made it great! 1 block from Reading Terminal Market and multiple great restaurants/bars. I would definitely stay again for the convenience factor.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. Great location if you have business that the PA Convention Center. Close to Reading Terminal. I stayed in a suite - bathroom was a bit outdated. Ovearll, room was fine. Nothing extremely special, just a nice average business hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I staid at this hotel 300 USD/night 4 nights. Very poor service, rude and not trained staff. Room was dirty, dusty carpets, filty underneath my bed. Service overall amongst the worst I have experienced in US.
A hotel with more then 1000 rooms, caters for large congresses, so stay away if you can.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank toversti
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We went downtown b/c we had a free night's stay to use up. All in all the Marriott was clean and spacious. Our king bed was a bit too firm and the sheets were some kind of polyester or something that was a bit uncomfortable/hot. The staff was very friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast buffet. Marriott does not offer free Wi-Fi in the guest rooms. They charge .25 p/minute unless you use it in the common area. That was a disappointment if you need to do work. Also, we are elite gold members b/c we use a Marriott visa and accumulated enough points to earn it. There are no Marriott perks to enjoy on a Saturday. This Marriott provides Bath and Body Works as amenities for guests. If you need to charge your phone or whatnot, do it at the desk as the outlet on the lamp on the night table only has juice when the lamp is on (unless my cord wasn't plugged all the way in my phone, but I doubt it). Our night's stay was worth it b/c it was free, clean, friendly. Nothing unusual or posh, though.

Room Tip: we were on the 21st floor. that could b why our water pressure was lower than normal. they told us we had a room with a view..mostly of roof tops but we could see the river and city in the distance. it was quiet and did not take long to use the elevators.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple