“Great Choice” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Kansas City
“Great Choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

After quite a bit of research, I finally settled on this hotel because it was in a good location for the tourist stuff & seemed to have been remodeled recently. We were very pleased with our selection. The hotel was centrally located to what we wanted to do & close to the Plash stop for catching a shuttle to places that were further away. The room was nice & we found the sheets/bed to be especially comfortable. It was only about a 15 minute cab ride from the airport & our check in was very quick. We did not have any problems with noise, service, or security during our stay. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LikeToLeave

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (572)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

This hotel was nice. The staff was great. While I checked in, my husband talked with the guy from the bell desk. He was great - very informative about the area. The room was clean, spacious & centrally located.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Palm City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

This hotel has a great staff - they really care about whether you are happy or not. The housekeeping service was outstanding. We were there for 10 days with a convention and our housekeeper 'Sara" was excellent. Our room was always serviced on time and expertly so. The guest services manager - Ms LaPorta was quick to resolve an issue regarding the concierge lounge. I have stayed there before, and this hotel always delivers good service.

Room Tip: If you are not Gold Elite with Marriott - you should upgrade to the concierge floor for an extra cha...
1 Thank misterwiz
Staten Island, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

My husband and I traveled to PA from 7/14/12 - 7/15/12 with our seven year old daughter. I booked this hotel through Priceline. I bid $90 and got the room with taxes for $111. Check in was pretty easy. I called on our way from NYC to Philly and asked if our room was ready and if they could please call us when it was. They advised that they would. When we got to the hotel they still had not called but I decided to see if they could get us into a room anyway at the check in desk. They gave us a room without a problem. A few hours later we received a call that our room was ready, lol. Obviously, I would advise going straight to the desk if getting into your room early is a priority.

Another issue with this hotel is the EXTORTIONATE parking rate. They should really be ashamed. $46.50 a day? That is craziness. There is a link on the Philadelphia FAQ section of tripadvisor that I used to find a close lot that we paid $43 for from Saturday morning until Sunday night. It is called Parkway and it was located on 12th between Samsom and Walnut. It was very close. We could see it from the hotel.

Other than that I have no real complaints. The room was clean and quiet. The air conditioning worked well. The bed was large and comfortable. The bathroom was modern with granite countertops and plenty of clean towels. The pool was a real selling point for me. It is indoor and was open until 11 pm. There were plenty of kids there and it was a nice way for us to unwind after a long day of sightseeing.

The Reading Terminal Market is AMAZING! There are many different types of food for all different palates. There was also a Hard Rock Cafe, a Melting Pot and a more upscale Italian restaurant right across the street.

The hotel was walking distance to all the historical landmarks as well. Overall it was a good value and I recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Pamela B
Clifton, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

It was over 10 years ago, but I thought the hotel was more upscale than it currently is. The fitness center then was state of the art, now recently remodeled and it doesn't have enough facilities for the guests who use it. There is a huge empty space in the middle and not enough cardio vascular machines for the users. The weights are 3, 8 and 15 pounds. All of the others have walked off, according to the concierge. The TV's on the cardio machines have 400 channels, not one of them is a sports channel!! Made a mistake of having lunch in the restaurant and could not get served in time and eat before my next game. I also told the concierge that the bathtub was slippery and I was fearful of falling. He sent a text telling me that there were no tub mats. I used a towel instead. The location is good, right near the Reading Terminal and the Septa trains.

Room Tip: My room was quiet, it faced North so it stayed cool.
washington dc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Just returned from a weekend at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown. The hotel is very impressive. When we drove up, there were multiple car attendants to greet us, quickly remove our bags and get us to the front desk for check in. The check in was quite seamless and the staff were very kind, considerate, warm and caring. By the time I receive my keys, I was already quite excited about being at this amazing hotel. The lobby is exciting and convenient having concierge services, a Fedex, a Starbucks and a restaurant and shopping all within the hotel. The hotel has recently had a renovation and our room felt quite new with nice bathroom amenities, very comfortable bedding and state of the art televisions. When we called "At Your Service" to request a hypoallergenic pillow for my wife, it was brought instantly and with a smile. What is further amazing about this hotel is its unbelievable location. I was able to walk easily to Rittenhouse Square, to the theatre to see "the Buddy Holly Story", to all of the shopping, restaurants and sightseeing that I wanted to do. The hotel is right next to the Reading Market, the Convention Center and is very near the beautiful shopping areas. This is a hotel that I felt when I left that I was truly feeling at home. Cannot wait to return!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

The Philadelphia Downtown Marriott was a convenient location for a one night stay during a recent business trip. My room was comfortable and clean, but nothing extraordinary. The hotel is within easy walking distance to a number of restaurants and bars and is connected to the convention center. There is also a well apportioned fitness center available free of charge.

My otherwise pleasant stay was marred by very loud night construction noise on the street outside the hotel. My colleague requested a room change and was moved to a different room, but he found the reduction in noise to be only minimal. Until the construction has stopped I would not recommend staying at the hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the back side of the hotel where loud construction was taking place on the street in the eveni...
1 Thank steamin89