Tripadvisor
Philadelphia
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews philadelphia airport sliding door wake up call indoor pool one night stay early flight bed was comfortable free shuttle lounge area shuttle service phl hip plugs
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Airline boarded us here when our flight was delayed. When we walked in, we thought we were in a disco! The hotel is very “cool” and trendy, but I am not. I’m more into classic, timeless style.

Nevertheless, I wasn’t here to enjoy the ambience—just wanted to get a good night’s rest. And I did that! The room was cool and trendy, but more importantly it was safe, comfortable, quiet and clean. One criticism: the bathroom looked like it was starting to deteriorate (stained grout, pealing caulk, that kind of thing). It’s not too bad, but I hope management gets on top of it before it does get bad.

I didn’t care for the breakfast: eggs, cheese, bacon, and French fries all mushed together in a wrap. That’s probably cool, but I’d prefer a plate with those ingredients placed separately. There were other options which might have worked better for me.

I can’t speak to the price, since the airline paid for it. All staff were quite friendly. The location is excellent for airport travelers, and there’s a shuttle that runs every 20 minutes.

Bottom line for me: I can’t complain about anything at the hotel, but I’d probably choose someplace else next time.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Good size room, clean.

Staff could really care less about customers. No greeting when arrived, acknowledgement of status etc. pretty sure everyone hates their job.

Standard aloft for those familiar with this brand. Slim food items ( which is standard). But great delivery options readily available.

Not bad inexpensive place to airport.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed January 13, 2020

Amercian Airlines provided us with a room because of a cancelled flight. The staff were very nice upon check-in and continued to be nice even after our "problem" with the room. First thing we noticed was the television did not work. If it was later in the evening it would not have been a problem but at 6:00 pm, we needed the tv. Then I noticed the bugs. A bug I have never seen was sitting on the window sill. So were about 50 of his friends and family. I did not tell my wife otherwise there would have been a screaming and yelling situation that we both did not need after a long day at the airport. I gathered up a couple of the critters and took them to the desk. Although surprised, I would not say they were shocked. Probably not the first time. The staff were more than apologetic, gave us a new room, bought us a drink in the bar but still......the room had bugs in it!! The new room was fine, we had our free drink, got a good nights sleep, and left. I would not stay in an Aloft property again.

Room tip: In Philly, check for bugs.
Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

Only stayed for one night due to early morning flight and they had a stay and park deal. The staff is friendly and the rooms are good sized and were very clean. Bed was comfortable.

Biggest negatives were that their heat/air system is very loud when it both runs and comes on and off. Second is that there is a ton of road noise that comes in. Maybe this would have been different in a different room...although I doubt it based on the layout. Lastly, if you're staying more than a few nights, is that there is no real food options at this hotel. They have a little snack area that is way overpriced and a bar. It's in a hotel complex that has like 3 other hotels in it and there is one restaurant between the four hotels in the complex. Everything else is probably almost 2 miles away and not really walkable.

In room coffee provided was not good. Gym was small but adequate. Lobby was kinda cool with games and a pool table.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 24, 2019

We stayed at Aloft before and found it to be good value. So we decided to stay there Nov 12, night before leaving for FLL for a cruise. The check in staff were very helpful and friendly. Room was small but clean, as we remembered. However, during the night, we realized that it was NOISY! The room faced a highway and we could hear traffic all night as though we were right out on the highway . We also had a heat/AC unit that went on very very loudly about every 15 minutes. Needless to say, we had about 2 hours of sleep total. What a way to begin a vacation! Friends stayed in another room down the hallway and discovered early the next morning that they had no hot water. We mentioned all of these issues when we checked out, Since this all occurred during the night and early morning, we did not complain at that time since we were trying to sleep. Will never stay there again!

Date of stay: November 2019