“Pleasant surprise - agreed!”

aloft Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #55 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
New Jersey
“Pleasant surprise - agreed!”
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Stayed one night in July. Part of complex with three Starwoods hotels near the airport. Like other reviewers, we were very pleasantly surprised for the price. Fun, funky decor, great lobby area with bar, lounge - indoor and out, small indoor pool, and small gym. Cute room with clean bathroom (Bliss products - what a plus!) and good water pressure. The bed and linens were not anything close to as comfy as Sheraton or Four Points, but overall great experience for the price. Free internet, in room fridge and coffee maker, gold and platinum members get free hot drink in lobby snack bar. We were also comped parking - what a treat!

Amazed that we didn't hear any traffic or planes because this place is right at the airport, but the air conditioner was very loud - only real downside.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelCuties

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 24, 2010

I am a lifelong Hilton customer but I was intrigued by the aloft's look and decided to give it a try. I had avoided Starwood hotels due to some bad experiences at a W and a Westin. But aloft totally changed my view. My stay was excellent!

The hotel was more my "style". While Hilton brands like Hampton and Garden Inn go for traditional, aloft goes for "hip" and does a great job. But it's also designed for the "iPhone generation". Little touches like accessible outlets by the bed and an open room with little clutter are welcome additions. The staff was excellent and was available when I needed them. This alfot is part of a Starwood "campus" and shares the property with a Sheraton and Four Points. The nice thing is, even though there is no restaurant in the aloft, you can walk over to the Shearton and dine there and still bill it to your aloft room. I recommend grabbing a burger at Relish in the Sheraton. Very cute and very good.

The aloft is well designed. Gone are closets and clunky furniture. A simple platform bed and minimal furniture is all the room has. There is also no bathtub; shower only which I like. When do you take a bath in a hotel during a one night stay anyway? The workout room was clean and stocked with excellent equipment. And while it was 95 degrees outside, the outdoor patio was still enjoyable.

Overall, I was impressed. I will now search out aloft first when traveling. It has the potential to make me stop being a Hilton Honors member.

1 Thank ScooterRed71
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 22, 2010

I had made a reservation through Hotwire for a room after a long flight from California.
When we arrived at the hotel I was told that they were sold out, tried to get us a room elswhere. Three other would be guests got the same bad news with disbelief. The hotel they found for us was in Delaware. Buyer beware! Just because you have a confirmed paid reservation, this hotel will sell your room to somebody else at a higher rate and you are left out in the cold. No appologies. I was told by the security guard that this happens often but usually they can find another room some where else.
I would not recommend this hotel because of there practices. When traveling you do not want to have un certainty with your travel plans.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jdk_10
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 7, 2010

I was traveling for business and flew into Philadelphia and had to wait 4 hours for colleagues to pick me up. I wasn't staying at this property but I am a Platinum SPG member, so I decided to work in their lobby.

Shenorah at the front desk gave me a WiFi login and couldn't have been nicer. Tina at the lobby bar offered to get me drinks, a glass of water and snacks and was incredibly hospitable too.

I n

Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 7, 2010

I absolutely loved my stay here. It made the whole trip 10000 times better than it would have been for me. The staff was so nice and the rooms are very comforting and stylish. The bartender, Nina, is so nice and awesome, too! I loved everything about my stay and will stay here again if I get the same deal I got this time.

Elmira, New York
Reviewed June 29, 2010

Despite some bad reviews here on the site we stayed at the aloft last time we were in Philly. I actually found a room last minute on priceline I believe.. The room was pretty low cost and high quality. My kids really enjoyed the pool... They got several hours of fun out of the pool and outside patio. The bar was pretty cool later in the evening too... I only had wished there was food available on the premesis.. A hot breakfast would have made this an excellent stay for us. There were no problems checking in or out, and the rooms were modern and Clean. I would stay there again without a doubt.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Düsseldorf
Reviewed June 29, 2010

A nice convenient hotel close to the airport (incl. Sheraton shuttle). Very modern environment with good facilities (fitness center, bar, pool, free parking). Especially the bar is quite nice to relax in the evening with some beers. VERY friendly people. Free WLAN. Perfect business hotel! Thanks for the good stay!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo