All reviewsbliss productsstarwood hotelsphiladelphia airportan early morning flightpark and flyone night stayindoor poolwake up callbed was comfortablefree shuttlelobby areashuttle servicehipphlconcertuber
Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

A great modern-styled hotel near the airport.

Nicole at the front desk is a gem. Check-in and our was painless. Bar was fun, but don’t expect a meal... snacks at best.

Room is nice, clean and quiet. Airport shuttle is great for getting to the airport, but took more than :45 to pick us up upon return. Lobby/hallway smelled like burned food, but it didn’t carry to the room.

Would stay again.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Eric J, General Manager at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2017

Thank you BlackCoffee for the nice rating review!
Happy Holidays

Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

Nice modern hotel next to the airport. Room was spacious with a very comfortable bed. Onsite parking was convenient. Lobby was open with a lot of seating. Staff was friendly with a very quick check-in.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Eric J, General Manager at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving

Reviewed November 13, 2017

We have no issues. Everything was great, and it exceeded my expectations.

The shuttle drops people based on hotel costs and drives by a lot to drop people off at Sheraton first. Luckily it's about two-minute walk between hotels. Shuttle runs around every 20 minutes on the hour. Good for an airport hotel.

Being a Diamond member of Starwood hotels, I received an upgraded room and two free breakfast vouchers.

Having been founded by W Hotels likely explains why they have a modern architecture design style, and probably the average age of guests is 10 or more years younger than those for Westin and Sheraton hotels.

Has bliss products usually at W hotels.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank KodoDrummer
Eric J, Owner at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We do appreciate it
Sincerely

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

We had a flight get cancelled and rented this hotel from a third party travel site. It was likely one of the best stays around an airport that we have had. The staff welcomes us with a smile and the amenities were perfect for a shirt stay and sleepover. The shuttle ran every 20 minutes with very friendly drivers. I will definitely look for this brand again.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Eric J, General Manager at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2017

Thank you Kelly for the nice feedback. we hope you had beeter luck with your flights the next day
Warm regards

Reviewed November 6, 2017

We had reservations across the street at the Sheraton, but a sprinkler flooded a couple of floors, so they sent us to the Aloft. And that is when the nightmare began.

The whole hotel was dodgy, dark, with musty carpets. Our room was under-stocked, it had no functioning light in the bathroom, one towel had a weird brown stain on it, the shower door had mold along the edges as if it had not been cleaned, and the curtain was broken. It gets worse.

Room 408 had a broken fan in the air conditioner. The fan would all of a sudden turn on, and was intensely loud for 8-10 minutes at a time. When the fan was on, the "Hey Siri" function would not even work on my iPhone. It was so loud, you could barely hear a person on the other side of the room. You guessed correctly, we did not get a good nights sleep.

Essentially we were robbed. We paid for the hotel, assumed a comfortable and safe environment, but received a disgusting and unkept room, had to use the bathroom and take showers in the dark, and we were excessively sleep deprived - even having worn earplugs.

So I wrote to the hotel about our experience. They offered me an embarrassingly small handful of SPG points. I wrote to SPG, that the room condition was ghastly, the experience was a nightmare, and I would much prefer a full refund. I was worse off after the stay than I was before it. If felt very unfair.

Today, John Frederickson, the special programs customer care associate at Starwood Hotels wrote to me, "After review, we stand behind the hotel".

I would avoid this hotel like the plague. And if you are forced to stay there for some reason, be weary of their thievery. They will treat you like garbage, and Starwood will stand behind them while you get robbed.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel like the plague
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Eric J, General Manager at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2017

Thank you Sarah for the feedback. I do apologize that your stay wasn't as expected and do hope that the staff was able to immediately assist once they were informed. I have forwarded your comments to the proper hotel teams to correct these issues.
Warm regards