All reviews bliss products starwood hotels philadelphia airport an early morning flight wake up call park and fly one night stay indoor pool bed was comfortable lobby area shuttle service hip phl shampoo concert uber
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I was expecting a lot nicer hotel than this was. The carpets throughout were dirty as if they hadn't been vacuumed in a week. I agree with another reviewer that the rooms were quirky. If you like Scandinavian minimalist then this place is for you. The staff was great though from the front desk to the bartender (who was exceptional). Would I stay here again? Maybe, maybe not. There were 2 other Starwood hotels next door so I would be inclined to try them first.

2  Thank jlw734
Reviewed August 25, 2014

The location and staff of this hotel are nice. However, I was extremely disappointed by the cleaning staff as security. As soon as I stepped out of the elevator, I was greeted by dust/debris all over the carpet. On the 5th day of my 6 days at the hotel (big mistake), I was awakened 3 times by loud noises and banging on my door between 1-3am. (This normally would not have been too big of a deal but I had to drive down 13 hours the next day.) When I called the front desk (twice), they said that they would send security. They did-- I know this because I heard the security guard loudly and causally speaking with the people creating a scene outside. I had read reviews of this location before and although I was skeptical, I booked the location. I now know not to make the same mistake again. I advise you all to think twice as well.

2  Thank Krn100percent
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

I'm a huge Starwood fan and have never stayed at an Aloft. Overall the hotel was nice and I enjoyed the somewhat quirky room.

Funny how one relatively small thing can leave a bad taste in your mouth but I was really turned off when the woman checking me out actively solicited a positive review on Trip Advisor. She handed me a sheet with the website and her name and wrote in "5 stars please". Recommendations for good service come organically but shouldn't be requested. Very low class and not in keeping with what I've come to expect from Starwood. Hope they will discontinue this practice.

4  Thank Steve H
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

Dear Steve H,
Thank you for your honest review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your first Aloft experience at our hotel, but are sorry to hear you were left with a bad taste in your mouth from the review request. While we do encourage guests to share their experiences with others online, it is certainly up to each individual how they choose to rate us and what they choose to share. We are sorry this came off as overly pushy, and appreciate you sharing this open and honest feedback with us. Take care.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I had been wanting to try an Aloft for a while and had the opportunity after a cancelled flight. Truly unimpressive. The front desk staff was nice but as soon as I stepped off the elevator, you could tell the hallway carpet needed vacuuming. In my room, the grout on the bathroom floor and in the the shower was badly stained. Mold along the edges of the shower floor. Even worse, I pulled back the duvet to find hair on the sheets. Ick. Between that, the loud AC unit and the fact that the shades wouldn't go down all the way, I was glad this was a one night stay. The best thing I can say about the place is that they have a very convenient airport shuttle.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Laura_Gamble
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Dear Laura_Gamble,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We sincerely apologize for your dissatisfying experience at our hotel and are sorry for the conditions of your guest room. What you described is unacceptable, and certainly does not reflect the high standard we uphold our team, and we will address your comments with our housekeeping team to ensure its future improvement. Additionally, we'd like to share that we are in the process of renovating all of our showers and bathrooms at our hotel and invite you back to enjoy the completion of our refresh. Thank you again for your review. Take care

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Great place!! Excellent staff, clean rooms, great location. Good price!! It was a last minute reservation, but very glad I chose it. The front desk went way above to give us assistance on places to eat, and they were very accurate!! Did not seem irritated with all my questions!!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends