All reviewsbliss productsstarwood hotelsphiladelphia airportan early morning flightpark and flyone night stayindoor poolwake up callbed was comfortablefree shuttlelobby areashuttle servicehipphlconcertuber
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I stayed here for one night prior to a very early flight, with three teenagers. Unfortunately my husband only booked us a king bed room, and when we checked in there were no doubles available (completely booked). It ended up being fine, they sent up an air mattress and there was plenty of room for all 4 of us. The staff is overly helpful and pleasant. I was a bit disappointed about the $12 parking fee, considering it has plenty of parking and it's not in an area where extra fees for parking are the norm (not in the city). But that is the only negative I can think of.
It is a sleek, modern hotel, so the teenagers really enjoyed the "liquid" floor in the elevator, the funky bathroom and the modern touches throughout. It was a great/convenient place to stay the night prior to a flight...we did not use the shuttle to the airport but many people did, so plan on getting up early so you can make your flight.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2014

A flight cancellation left me needing a place to stay close to PHL. I've stayed at Aloft properties before, so I knew what to expect. The staff was friendly, the lobby was nice, and the property was ultra-modern. Unfortunately, the room was a little disappointing. There were stains in the carpet by the door, and several spots where it was frayed and worn. The sliding bathroom door also had a piece of the trim that was bent out of place. However, the bed was comfortable, the towels were fluffy, so at first, I was willing to overlook some of the issues with the room. At night, however, the room was quite noisy. Even though I was on the third floor, I still got a lot of noise from the nearby freeway. Also, the self-closing door hinges made the doors slam, which they did all night long. Sadly, this all added up to a poor night's sleep.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I had high hopes for the hotel; thinking it would be sleek and modern. The room itself was pretty nice. The way they were able to create space out of a relatively small area is commendable.

The low rating is a direct result of trying to coordinate somethings prior to check in. I called several times to have some nice things delivered to my room for my wife, but alas I was not able to speak with ANYONE. I called and on occasion the phone simply rang. I even tried to call at different times of the day, but to no avail. When I did finally voice mail, no one returned my messages. This did not ruin our weekend, but it did leave a bitter taste in my mouth.

We arrived at 330p and check in was 3. Unfortunately, our room and the room of about 3-5 other families were not ready. So we all kinda skulked around the lobby until they were ready; all told about 25mins.

Again the hotel was nice if you're looking for a straightforward hotel, but don't expect too many niceties.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Dear cm l,
We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent stay with us. We aim to fulfill the special requests of our guests, and we apologize that we missed the mark in this case by not providing prompt service. Again, we are very sorry to disappoint you and your family, and we hope we will have an opportunity in the future to make this up to you. All the best.

Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed a single night before a flight and will never choose that hotel again. Staff was nice but room smelled musty....carpet flooded from the air conditioner...and mold everywhere. To top it off, I was graced with a used bar of soap in the shower from a previous guest in the morning when i was getting ready to head to the airport.

Simply put: Gross.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Dear indyfaithful,
We are very sorry for your dissatisfying experience during your stay. Maintaining a clean atmosphere is certainly a priority for our team, and we sincerely apologize for the conditions you experienced in your guest room as this is not the standard we uphold. We will work directly with our housekeeping team to ensure our rooms are in top notch condition upon each guest’s arrival moving forward. Thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope you will give us an opportunity to make this up to you. All the best.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

I picked out the Aloft hotel for a trip to Philadelphia. It has a unique and modern look to it both from the inside and outside. This hotel seems to be aimed towards the younger demographic, which I'm a part of.

The common area on ground level is a nice place to hang out if you're waiting to go somewhere or if you just want to grab a drink from the bar. The bartender was entertaining and very friendly.

The rooms were good too, plenty of space for us and our stuff. The showers were still being renovated and we had one that hadn't been done over yet. I feel bad for whoever was below us. One of the tiles on the edge of the shower had a pretty large gap in it, hopefully it didn't soak through below. Aside from that, the rooms have a really cool feel to them. Plus, a 40" TV with the ability to plug in your own devices like a Roku was pretty nice.

Overall, I would definitely stay in an Aloft hotel if there was one available at my destination.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear Cody T,
Thank you for your review. We are very happy to hear you had an excellent stay with us and liked our modern design and services. We appreciate you sharing the feedback about your guest room shower and apologize for any inconvenience it caused you. Rest assured, this had been addressed and properly handled. Thanks again, and we look forward to host you again should you return to the area. All the best.