All reviewsbliss productsstarwood hotelsphiladelphia airportan early morning flightpark and flyone night stayindoor poolwake up callbed was comfortablefree shuttlelobby areashuttle servicehipphlconcertuber
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed a single night before a flight and will never choose that hotel again. Staff was nice but room smelled musty....carpet flooded from the air conditioner...and mold everywhere. To top it off, I was graced with a used bar of soap in the shower from a previous guest in the morning when i was getting ready to head to the airport.

Simply put: Gross.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Dear indyfaithful,
We are very sorry for your dissatisfying experience during your stay. Maintaining a clean atmosphere is certainly a priority for our team, and we sincerely apologize for the conditions you experienced in your guest room as this is not the standard we uphold. We will work directly with our housekeeping team to ensure our rooms are in top notch condition upon each guest’s arrival moving forward. Thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope you will give us an opportunity to make this up to you. All the best.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

I picked out the Aloft hotel for a trip to Philadelphia. It has a unique and modern look to it both from the inside and outside. This hotel seems to be aimed towards the younger demographic, which I'm a part of.

The common area on ground level is a nice place to hang out if you're waiting to go somewhere or if you just want to grab a drink from the bar. The bartender was entertaining and very friendly.

The rooms were good too, plenty of space for us and our stuff. The showers were still being renovated and we had one that hadn't been done over yet. I feel bad for whoever was below us. One of the tiles on the edge of the shower had a pretty large gap in it, hopefully it didn't soak through below. Aside from that, the rooms have a really cool feel to them. Plus, a 40" TV with the ability to plug in your own devices like a Roku was pretty nice.

Overall, I would definitely stay in an Aloft hotel if there was one available at my destination.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear Cody T,
Thank you for your review. We are very happy to hear you had an excellent stay with us and liked our modern design and services. We appreciate you sharing the feedback about your guest room shower and apologize for any inconvenience it caused you. Rest assured, this had been addressed and properly handled. Thanks again, and we look forward to host you again should you return to the area. All the best.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

This is the Aloft hotel. The people at the front desk is really nice. I feel like the people work there because they enjoy working with people. I had every need met for the most part. I will be making sure the next time im in Philly, that I stay at the aloft philly again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My goodness is the AC loud in the rooms and there isn't a restaurant in the hotel either. The bed is comfy and the room is really nice the proximity to the airport makes it convenient and because of how loud the AC unit is the noise of the airplanes is completely drowned out.I think I'd stay across the parking lot at the Sheraton. The room contains no information about the hotel amenities,The front desk staff although polite offered no information at all upon check-in... I had to call the front desk to inquire about the location of the fitness area because the hotel website doesn't contain the information.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank lovedasunAtlanta_GA
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I thought I'd try the Aloft brand and I needed to be close to the airport so I decided to stay here. I was not expecting much since I know that this is one of the more low key, business-oriented Starwood brands. Much to my surprise, I loved it. It was just the perfect hotel for my two-night business trip in Philly. It has everything you need if you're on the go - proximity to airport, small snack bar in the lobby and a very comfortable room. I loved the layout of the room - very modern, clean and functional. They did so well in maximizing the space. The bed is on one side of the room facing the windows - you have a desk, power strip, etc as your work station. The LCD TV is mounted on the wall and underneath is a banquette (worked well for my lugagge). Behind the bed is a wall that divides the room and the other side of the wall has a tiny closet, safe and plenty of shelves to organize your stuff. And then on the corner is the shower room and vanity. The best part is that it is VERY affordable!

If you're wondering about great service - you'll get that here, too. I forgot my toothbrush in my hotel room in NYC. I told the Front Desk and toothbrush set was delivered to me after 10 minutes.

I would recommend this hotel for those who come to the city for quick business trips. Definitely not a vacation hotel but you can use it for vacation, too if you're on a tight budget.

Great job, Aloft!