All reviewsbliss productsstarwood hotelsphiladelphia airportan early morning flightpark and flyone night stayindoor poolwake up callbed was comfortablefree shuttlelobby areashuttle servicehipphlconcertuber
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I got a great last minute AAA deal to stay for a night, and fly out of Philly the next morning. We were very happy with this hotel. The room was very clean and modern. The lobby had a chic, nice feel to it. It was super convenient to the airport the next morning (about a 3 minute drive.) It had an indoor pool, which looked okay. It also had a small fitness center....only 2 treadmills. No good restaurant choices close by though, although we found an okay Diner about 5 minutes away by car, and center city is about 20 minutes away. Parking was reasonable with in and out privileges - $12 per day. All in all, it was worth a stay - especially if you're wanting to be close to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I traveled to Philly for the first time with my friend in late June. Our stay at the Aloft hotel was awesome! It was a very short taxi ride from the airport (there is also a shuttle from the airport but I didn't think to get that info prior to arriving in Philadelphia) and as soon as we walked in, we felt so comfortable and welcomed. Angel checked us in and was SO helpful, giving us info on Philly and offering to help us find public transport to the places we wanted to see. When we decided to take a cab later, we went back to the front desk where another girl who was working with Angel (I can't remember her name) called the cab for us and got us on our way. When we returned a few hours later, a different girl was at the front desk but she was no less helpful and just as friendly and welcoming. We ended up standing in the lobby for a few minutes, chatting and gushing over purses as if we were old friends.

Later that night, I went out to get some ice. I wasn't sure where the machine was so I asked a passing security guard. Instead of just pointing me in the right direction, he offered to get the ice for me. When he returned a couple of minutes later, I tried to offer him a tip but he refused, saying that he wanted to help people in any way he could. It was a lesson in humility for me - I assumed he would expect a tip when that wasn't the case at all and it's small acts of kindness like his that can make a person's day.

All of this is to say that I was so incredibly impressed with the staff at the hotel. They are friendly, welcoming, and very eager to help.

As for the property, it is a really cool hotel! Our room was clean, comfortable, modern and very spacious. It was nice and cool even on a hot day and it was easy to control the temperature. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel, it was a wonderful experience and I would definitely stay there again. A big thank you to Angel and the other staff who made our stay so comfortable and enjoyable!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear fonduelol,
We are so happy you decided to try our Aloft while visiting Philadelphia. Our team strives to provide excellent service to make our guests’ experiences memorable, and we are pleased to hear that you received just that from our team. Thank you for your review, and we hope you will stay with us again should you come back to Philadelphia. Warm regards.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I booked a room for one night, and was very, very wary. After reading all the reviews, and with great trepidation, my wife and I arrived for check in. I explained my fears, and talked about all the horrible reviews with Danielle, the front desk agent. I can't attest to the other rooms but Danielle assured us we would have a newly renovated room. The room was clean, new rug, and everything was in order. And while one of the runways of the airport was directly across the street, it was relatively quiet. Our room was 402. It was a good one night stay.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Blazar46
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Blazar46,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are thrilled to hear we exceeded your expectations and you liked our clean, newly renovated rooms. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay, and hope you decide to return to stay with us again the next time you are in the area. All the best.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

The hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating. The hotel itself is located conveniently close to the airport. My room was very clean. That being said, the condition of the rest of the hotel was satisfactory at best. At a glance the hotel is sleek and modern but the devil is in the details; stains, rips, tears in couches, cushions, and carpeting, chipped and peeling paint- almost everything looked dirty upon closer inspection. There were a few more glaring issues with cleanliness/maintenance. The indoor swimming pool looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. There was a repulsive layer of grime floating on top of the water and random articles of trash on the bottom. Used towels were scattered about the area, on the floor, on lounge chairs. The communal bar/lounge area, despite its proximity to the front desk and numerous staff members seemed to be forgotten from the night before- there were used and empty drink glasses strewn about tables. The hotel claimed to be undergoing renovations as evidenced by a sign portraying before/after pictures of the showers (my room unfortunately had an "old" shower), but other than the sign there was very little evidence of any renovation to the rest of the hotel other than drapery donning the walls of both elevators making them look rather dirty as well. As I had only needed the hotel as a home base for activities in Philadelphia, my room suited me just fine. But I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who hopes to enjoy any amenities.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

I have been disrupted by people who check in to party too many times. Recent visit to catch an early flight, this time I had to go to the desk at 3am due to persistent shouting, screaming and general disruption, next door and in the hall on the preferred guest floor for an hour I know about. So - be aware, supposedly they are cracking down, but was it just bad luck that it was the room next door again? Hotel is great location and bus service to airport has courteous respectful drivers. Front desk, not always so.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank redanman
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear redanman,
We sincerely apologize for the disturbance you experienced. It is our goal to deliver our guests the most comfortable experience, and we are very sorry we did not meet this expectation during your stay. We will work with our team to better resolve these situations in the future. However, we are very glad to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and received excellent service from our airport shuttle drivers. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, and we hope we will have another opportunity to impress you. Take care.