“Superb Value”

Ranked #55 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Vancouver, Canada
“Superb Value”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night prior to a flight next morning. I was very impressed with the property and how new and clean it was. The staff were very friendly. Overall I would definitely come back to this Aloft or any other one.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Oncofighter,
We're thrilled to hear you found our hotels convenient for your travel needs and easily accessible to the airport. We're happy you had a great stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 1, 2014

HORRIBLE! We drive two hours to stay here to attend a concert. Check in is at 3. We arrived at 3:15. I reserved a King room in December and it wasn't available upon our arrival, we ended up with a double queen. The room was DISGUSTING! Moldy shower, tne bathroom door wouldnt close and tje toilet was dirty! The ceiling was scotch taped up and the beds were a mess. Upon arrival they told us when we needed a cab to come down and they would call and get us one, so we went down to lobby and after being told it would be 10 minutes, a can arrived 45 minutes later. The bar opened at 8 which was completely inconvenient when we had a concert at 7:30 and was hoping for a light snack before we went. The icing on.the cake was the PARTY going on in.the room next to us at 2am. We called front desk and after waiting am hour and nothing being done, we checked out at 3am and went home. Absolutely, positively, WORST hotel stay I have ever had!! I would never recommend this place to anyone!!!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank ToniTMill
Dear ToniTMill,
We're sorry to hear your most recent stay with us did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves in providing a comfortable stay and great service and disheartened to hear you did not receive this. We would love to speak with you personally regarding your experience. Please reach out to our General Manager, Casey, at casey.crowley@starwoodhotels.com.
Rockville Centre, New York, USA
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

When I visit Philadelphia, this is my hotel of choice.

It's right outside of the airport, and it's very close to the city as well.

The staff is great, the rooms are clean, and the service is fantastic.

I highly recommend this place to anybody that needs to stay in the Philadelphia area

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank James S
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear James S,
Thank you for your positive review! We're honored to be your hotel of choice whenever you're in the Philadelphia area. We look forward to your return.
Danville, California
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I arrived late in the evening after a long day of travel from the West Coast. The check-in staff was very friendly and accommodating. When I got off the elevator on the 3rd floor, the carpet was worn and needed to be vacuumed. The room was average; quiet and clean but again, a little worn around the edges.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank texasjwalker
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Due to severe weather warnings, I booked this hotel for the night before my flight to London, 13th February. Although the staff was very helpful and pleasant and the room was very spacious and comfortable, I don't really understand the total concept. There was not even a café on the premises but the bar was apparently the main attraction. All a tired traveller could get was either snacks or microwave fare. The poor receiptionist was boxed in in a little circular "office" in the middle of the lobby. Everything was supposed to look trendy and European and there was a pool table, gym and indoor pool (not heated when I swam in it). I take my hat off to the reception desk personnel who kept everyone happy, but the hotel owners need to rethink the concept. Probably a good hotel in the summer for tourists to Philadelphia (families, couples).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank wanderingwoods
Dear wanderingwoods,
Thank you for choosing Aloft Hotels before your trip. We're happy to hear you found your guest room comfortable and an overall pleasant stay. Aloft is a hotel that celebrates the individual and gives you freedom to control and customize your adventure to fit your travel style. Guests can mix and mingle with other travelers or enjoy some "alone time" without being lonely. Our open, modern design creates a space that is open to possibilities. Thanks again for sharing and we hope you'll try us out again!
LHR
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Read several reviews on the ALOFT and after my experience recently at the Hilton took a chance here..the previous reviews hinted at some problems so with some reservation checked in not really expecting much? Well I was surprised by both quality of the room and attention to detail / space? The room was tidy/clean but with some signs of wear and tear - but overall impression was not as bad as previously stated - perhaps I was lucky? Once I'd worked out the various hiding places for Hangers / Irons etc it was ok? I have to say that for once I was impressed by the quality of the Steam Iron - shows you how much I travel when things like that get a rating - but its important right..?? Now some negatives - Air Con/Heating too loud and program not responsive - ok when it was switched of from the mains. Doors weigh a ton and you cannot help slamming them - which leads to a lot of noise from other guests when closing doors etc? Could do with a few more items in terms of Soap- accessories but from a room perspective..thats about it? Yes the Bar area does get some "visitors" and not sure of there motives etc but possibly due to the music/ambience of the Bar area? Staff Training was going on and it was clear that the person being "trained" had some challenges - but from what we observed that was more down to the quality of the "Trainer"...overall I had reservations but I'd give it a 3/5 rather than the 1/5 for the Hilton.......

Room Tip: Away from the lift and a high floor would be a benefit......
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Stroudsburg, PA
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

At no time did I ever feel safe at this hotel. I arrived at 9:30 pm. The lobby area was inhabited by apparent prostitutes, assorted thugs, a man by whom his popularity I'm assuming was a pimp and a heavily sobbing and despondent washed out 50 something barfly. The room was worn. The bed uncomfortable. I couldn't get out fast enough. I have never left a review like this. I have literally over 1800 hotel nights experience and this one was in the top 3 worst. Never again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank fradel61
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear fradel61,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent visit. Safety and security of our guests is our first priority and we do not tolerate any illegal activity on the premises. Any activity reported to us will be forwarded to the authorities for appropriate handling. Thank you for letting us know.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Philadelphia
Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport

Been to aloft Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!